MiG-21 used to be my favorite ride... can't stand it now

streakeagle

Just use the mod, is free and IC friendly.

The whole drama about something so easy to mod is just to much for me.

There are hundreds of mods out there that changes the stock finish of every DCS module in different aspects. I cant understand why all this moaning against Magnitude when the vast majority of DCS users are modifying other modules without problems.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

oh and the whole silly car thing, if you bought a second hand car, which the mig in your ref is as its not of the production line clean, for a good price with a cracked windscreen...you would put a new one in...i.e a mod :) there really is no need to moan here all the time, its a simple fix guys

Just use the mod, is free and IC friendly.

The whole drama about something so easy to mod is just to much for me.

There are hundreds of mods out there that changes the stock finish of every DCS module in different aspects. I cant understand why all this moaning against Magnitude when the vast majority of DCS users are modifying other modules without problems.

I can agree with you on that. I like the were and tear in the cockpit but the dirty canopy is a bit overdone. The artist did a good job but alas its not working that good in a combat enviroment in a game!

What I dont get though is if its so easy, why so openly dismiss the suggestion?

Why not give us the option to select a clean canopy if you want to fly with that? Its not hard as you pointed out. Why so openly dismiss the idea!

It is the recepie for creating this "drama"!

Why not just say: Ok, good ide we will have a look at it and then do a poll or something in the community. Collect buisness data!

Then you accually know what people thinks and what they want with the product. Instead they chosen to argue with the angry mob in the forums. In my book wierd buisness decision.

I mean you want to sell copies of the mig-21 right?

So if there accually is a majority that want a clean canopy. Just do it. If its just some trolls in the forum ranting about, you leave it alone. You have the poll/markering data to make your decisions around. Now its just drama and flames and the devs in the middle of it all....selfinduced to be fair......

Let me answer you one thing.

I dont like at all the gold tint on the A-10C canopy, neither the same gold tint on the Su-27 canopy. So i modded the canopy for a non tinted version that fits my own taste. ED is not answering at all to users that didnt like the gold tinted version in the forum. They had choose this depict of the A-10C or the Su-27 because is THE CHOICE they made.

They have all the right to choose what they want to represent in the modules. Even if some users dont like it at all because this choices are not in the field or personal taste, they are in the field of freedom of election about what kind of representation a developer wants for they products.

Magnitude is doing the same. They choose a Mig-21 with some degree of wear and tear. Some users dont like it, its ok, use a mod, like dozens of other mods out there but dont blame Magnitude because they are not willing to change they own decisions about module representation and artist decisions.

I can understand some people get upset with the answers, maybe is not very polite. But after such degree of moaning about the personal work of a reputed 3D artist for so long even a developer can express in such way from time to time.

Nobody likes get beated over and over.

Resuming, just use the amazing mods availabe out there. Simple, easy, free and IC friendly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Let me answer you one thing.

I dont like at all the gold tint on the A-10C canopy, neither the same gold tint on the Su-27 canopy. So i modded the canopy for a non tinted version that fits my own taste. ED is not answering at all to users that didnt like the gold tinted version in the forum. They had choose this depict of the A-10C or the Su-27 because is THE CHOICE they made.

They have all the right to choose what they want to represent in the modules. Even if some users dont like it at all because this choices are not in the field or personal taste, they are in the field of freedom of election about what kind of representation a developer wants for they products.

Magnitude is doing the same. They choose a Mig-21 with some degree of wear and tear. Some users dont like it, its ok, use a mod, like dozens of other mods out there but dont blame Magnitude because they are not willing to change they own decisions about module representation and artist decisions.

I can understand some people get upset with the answers, maybe is not very polite. But after such degree of moaning about the personal work of a reputed 3D artist for so long even a developer can express in such way from time to time.

Nobody likes get beated over and over.

Resuming, just use the amazing mods availabe out there. Simple, easy, free and IC friendly.

I agree with you as I said.

Of cource they can do whatever they like to. If they are set to simulate a Mig-21 at a museeum they can do that but then they need to update the store on Steam and DCS with screenshots that is up to date. What you see right now is not what you get and of cources people is going to rant!

Easy fix is a mod or you can try to get the devs attention.

The devs handeled this really poor. Thats my only concern. The rest is history.

+1

oh and the whole silly car thing, if you bought a second hand car, which the mig in your ref is as its not of the production line clean, for a good price with a cracked windscreen...you would put a new one in...i.e a mod :) there really is no need to moan here all the time, its a simple fix guys

Where does it say that i bought a second hand module here? Why doesn't cost the mig just 15$ if its a second hand plane? That would be a good price to live with mods. And why is it the only module i HAVE TO use mods to get to the same standard? Honestly i don't care about wear and tear in the cockpit but the visibility out of the box is a joke.

And no its not the same as tinted glass because you can still spot a black dot through tinted glass in the air.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

You dont like It? Use a mod. 15 seconds of your life, zero drama.

It takes more time posting here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you call a drama is really not a big deal, that is just how things here turns out to you, because of your own attitude. The topic is not "how to get a clean canopy" but it questions the module status and in extension the current beloved dev's communication strategy. You can repeat constantly to use mods (interpreted in fact as "shut up") but that's not the main point here, you fail to understand that. And I'm not a 2.5 user I'm not directly concerned although I like to follow the development while I wait to get better hardware.

Your high message count doesn't give you the confidence to dismiss the other's opinion like that (armchair pilot?). If the source of your problem is the dev bashing, sorry but what happened is what they deserved. Obviously not everybody is ready to excuse that fact by touching the edge of fanboyism (I guess I'm using the same humor than yours here :music_whistling:)

It would have been better to say nothing and let it go instead of dramatizing things up like that. That is what I would have done myself if I knew the present consequences… But again, no big deal ;)

Edited by Bogey Jammer
grammar

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Dont try to psychoanalyze me, you dont know me well enough and what are my intentions with my posts or what im thinking. You are making a lot of assumptions about me.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dont take it personally, i dont, stick to the subject, not to the person. Please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ways to lose my business:

1) Deny there is a problem.

2) Insult me for claiming there is a problem.

3) Expect me to fix the problem myself.

I have two eyes. I have all of the modules. The MiG-21 is unique in having a canopy that intentionally degrades my ability to spot air threats because the artist thinks dirty canopies look pretty. If there were a checkbox to choose between a much cleaner canopy with at most minor blemishes and a dirty canopy, how many people would actually choose the dirty canopy if they were given the choice?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am too disappointed about this whole issue.

Unfortunately the mods don't fix the sun reflection issue that some people have mentioned here and I reported here to no avail. This is I think an even bigger issue than the dirt on the cockpit because there is just nothing you can do to work around it. Good luck landing into a sunset like this!

Until today I just didn't like these things but today I am really surprised about the devs response that I find completely unprofessional. I will certainly think twice about supporting them in the future again, like so many others here.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse. The devs like it this way and they have a right to do it this way. We disagree, fine. But I can't get to understand this from the point of view of their business. The basis of a business is providing customers with a product they are happy about so that you create a good relationship. Regarding the "artistic view": we are not buying a work of art, we are buying a functional software product and right now functionality is limited by an artistic decision. The customers have expressed their concern and we all know the reply we got.

I guess in the future we will vote with our wallets. It's a real shame though, Rudel and co are clearly highly talented and it's beyond me how such a simple issue has gone this far.

Edited by cuervo111

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I guess in the future we will vote with our wallets.

+1.

It seems that's the only way to respond to the "statements" the devs are giving.

I'm wondering why ED is still supporting that kind of behaviour. In the end, this module is also a part of their business. Just sort out the moldy tomatoes. :music_whistling:

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

• 8 months later...

Yes.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Yes.

And what about ASP gunsight? It will be fixed/improved by the team or not?

Pain is weakness leaving your body...

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz to 5.00GHz

- MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

- GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 SUPER OC 8GB

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8GB x4)

- Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 850W

- Monitor: ASUS ROG XG248Q

- Case: ASUS ROG HELIOS

- Mouse: ASUS ROG CHAKRAM

- Keyboard: ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog SN #95039

There is an updated list of the mayor bugs. Can someone list those bugs. I did not use it since long time ago and I want to be ready for my first entry in cockpit since months years.

I always thought the dirty canopy was a non sense and not realistic at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And what about ASP gunsight? It will be fixed/improved by the team or not?

Visually ? Yes. As for functionality, I want it improved just as our coder wants, but first we need to locate more specific documentation which for a long time I could not find or obtain. Improvements require detailed documentation. Even last week I was at Military Technical Academy Library located in Warsaw to obtain following document: "Celowniki strzeleckie ASP-PFM-21, ASP-PFD-21 i ASP-PFM-7 : uzupełnienie do Opisu i eksploatacji celownika strzeleckiego ASP-PF-21". Unfortunately I only after arrival I was informed that documents have been thrown away many years ago since there was no interest in keeping them.

Similar thing happened to multiple MiG-21bis manuals, RP-22SMA documents, etc. But I keep trying, both in Poland and abroad, to find materials and get them translated for our programmer.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Visually ? Yes. As for functionality, I want it improved just as our coder wants, but first we need to locate more specific documentation which for a long time I could not find or obtain. Improvements require detailed documentation. Even last week I was at Military Technical Academy Library located in Warsaw to obtain following document: "Celowniki strzeleckie ASP-PFM-21, ASP-PFD-21 i ASP-PFM-7 : uzupełnienie do Opisu i eksploatacji celownika strzeleckiego ASP-PF-21". Unfortunately I only after arrival I was informed that documents have been thrown away many years ago since there was no interest in keeping them.

Similar thing happened to multiple MiG-21bis manuals, RP-22SMA documents, etc. But I keep trying, both in Poland and abroad, to find materials and get them translated for our programmer.

But don't you have a MiG-21 pilot in your team? Doesn't he have any documents or at least knows how it works?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s