[FIXED] AJS-37 Viggen Crash to desktop

will-

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updatelog by Chizh for "Update 7" arrived a few minutes ago, but dcs_updater.exe won't find a new update.

The updatelog doesn't show up improvements to the Viggen ... :sad_2:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Updatelog by Chizh for "Update 7" arrived a few minutes ago, but dcs_updater.exe won't find a new update.

The updatelogs don't always show all updates incorporated especially regarding 3rd parties modules. We will just have to wait till the update is live - i hope the announced fixes are in the update

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

The update is not live yet.

Viggen changelog for today (from reddit)

DCS AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

Fixed crashing issue on aircraft re-initialization (respawn, refly)

Fixed crashing issue due to ELINT page dump

Fixed crashing issue due to Radar texture memory issues

Reworked overall Sidewinder seeker behaviour.

Increased Rb-74 (AIM-9L) all-aspect capabilities.

Fixed RB24J (AIM-9P) to be properly rear-aspect.

Added Next Missile selector (FRAMSTEGN IRRB) button to bindable controls.

Re-added kneeboard settings page

Fixed trim on ground start - now defaults to 3 degrees

Added realtime mirror rendering

Added clickable helpers to disable mirrors

Completed release candidate of flight manual

Viggen canopy glass now uses glass shader - compatability with Kegety's VR mod

Viggen canopy glass raindrop effect added

Overhauled night lighting

Improved accuracy of bombing sights

Yep, CTD fixed! Yes!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I had a crash while using radar

Attach logs

yesterday, after the update, I used the radar a lot, but it worked fine for me. does it have to to with this shader cache thingie dingie which has to be deleted each time an update came across? or do i mix something here .. ?:helpsmilie:

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

yesterday, after the update, I used the radar a lot, but it worked fine for me. does it have to to with this shader cache thingie dingie which has to be deleted each time an update came across? or do i mix something here .. ?:helpsmilie:

I delete all shaders just before every update (fxo and metashader2 folders)

I delete all shaders just before every update (fxo and metashader2 folders)

Erm ... I didn't ... but somehow it still works great on my machine.

Think the devs have to dig deep in your logfile ... :music_whistling:

my computer:

I believe that I might have possibly the same issue as Gryzor. I activated the radar T1 and it crashed about 10 min. in to the quick mission Normandy " Convoy Strike ". I have attached the logs. Wondering what may be the issue too! Please advise.:joystick:

Thanks for the logs! We'll examine.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I am getting a CTD after completing mission 5 of the Mjolnir campaign. It has happened 3 times now. The mission goes fine, I take out the bridge, divert to Batumi and land, and then as soon as I hit quit to get to the mission end screen, DCS crashes. It was working fine for the first couple missions, and I got through 6 Red Flag missions just fine as well, along with some training and other missions. I attached the crash logs, but had to take out the track file and rezip it because the track file was 30mb. Thanks .

dcs.20180720-180822.zip

Same for me. 5 mission of the Mjolnir campaign crashing on exit. I'm stucked on campaing.

You are not missing a mission, since taking out the bridge is the last mission AFAICR. But I know ... its not "clean" ..

my computer: