104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Can you please put M2000 on both teams, as F-18 still has no TWS (therefor worse than M2000, as you have to hardlock to ID) ? (and currently there are almost twice as many red players than blue)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is it possible to get the AI AWACS or the Human GCI frequencies assigned differently? When there are a large number of players the AI AWACS steps all over our human GCI and it becomes near impossible to make out what he's saying. Of course for the FC3 planes you can change the receive mode but for the full fidelity aircraft there appears to be no option to silence the AI in similar fashion.

You can turn down the 'helmet' volume in audio options. We told you this in game.

You can turn down the 'helmet' volume in audio options. We told you this in game.

The 'helmet' volume doesn't just include the radio audio, it also includes the RWR and other audio that is normally piped through to the pilot's headset. You're suggesting that players should compromise their audio settings to solve the issue of AI and human AWACS/GCI stomping on each other on a single radio frequency. Your 'solution' is NOT a solution at all. Rotating your radio preset selector to another channel when you want to use the human GCI instead of the AI not only IS a solution but it's also the solution that makes the most sense.

Maverick: can you perhaps update the AI AWACS frequencies in the mission so that this radio frequency separation exists? I think already Overlord is on 260 MHz, so it would only require assigning Magic to a frequency other than 257.8 MHz.

You specifically asked how to silence the AI. I told you specifically how to silence the AI. I wasn't suggesting anything else ... just trying to answer the question you asked.

Edited by epoch

Maverick: can you perhaps update the AI AWACS frequencies in the mission so that this radio frequency separation exists? I think already Overlord is on 260 MHz, so it would only require assigning Magic to a frequency other than 257.8 MHz.

i think too that this would be a great idea

it would help very much to not be spammed by computer voice

and it would be so easy: just add the line "Human GCI on xxx.x MHz" to the mission briefing ;)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

A quick work around until it gets sorted is to add a txt file to your SRS directory with radio name and frequency as the content.

For example I have this text file for use in the harrier: ARC-210 COM3.txt

and the content is 257.80

This means you can communicate on 257.80 solely through SRS and not tune in the the jet so no AI calls are made. Of course if no human AWACS, you can tune in jet to get calls.

I realize this kinda kills the radio immersion but my ADHD can't handle AI and human AWACS calls at the same time, especially some ya-hoo doing bogey dope calls every second.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

I have my in helmet sounds down low so the AI is not shouting in my ear and I have no issues with my RWR.

RWR sound is not connected to your helmet.

I prefer having AI AWACS on the same frequency as the common channel as there is usually no GCI and most people talk useless information on there anyway

A random call like this "I have a bandit 155 for 17/FOX *insert a number from 1 to 3*" is useless.

First of all, no one knows WHO you are, as 3/4 of people don't say their callsign.

Then, no one knows WHERE you are, so your bearings are irrelevant

And finally, your foxes just don't matter after the first wo reasons.

These comms are important for flight comes, but most of you fly solo, so... yeah.

When there is a GCI, he doesn't need to hear your fox calls either. Keep calm, listen to the GCI vectors and comply.

If you have any remarks or requests a make them brief and simple.(USE YOUR CALLSIGN!)

Always check in and check out(if you make it out alive), so the controller knows who is he working with.

NEVER talk over the GCI! and other people. Wait for the comms to clear and then go

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hello everyone,

just wanted to say thank you to Maverick and the 104th staff for providing such a fantastic experience for me. I have a lot of fun flying in your server and enjoy flying along fellow people that share interest in aviation and like to progress on their modules.

Thanks a lot, i think its long overdue :) Keep up the great work!

derdoe:pilotfly:

Hello everyone,

just wanted to say thank you to Maverick and the 104th staff for providing such a fantastic experience for me. I have a lot of fun flying in your server and enjoy flying along fellow people that share interest in aviation and like to progress on their modules.

Thanks a lot, i think its long overdue :) Keep up the great work!

derdoe:pilotfly:

+1 :pilotfly:

I suggest changing the TS3 IP address also on the first post of this thread :)

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Server is currently running Op Armageddon (Caucasus). Briefing says for Blue UH-1 to take off from FARP and go to the blue smoke for FOB crates. I can't find any blue smoke! Anyone got any idea where the crates are? :huh:

Oh my, sorry Epoch but I think that is still broken. I asked after that a few weeks or months ago, but F18&PG Map certainly came between that. I don't think somebody worked on that, if not, it's certainly not you, they are not there. :3

Banned Boy, watching from the Tower

Sooo Yeahh... Pretty much sure I got banned today, on 104th!

First off props for bringing the Server Pop back up on Caucasus Map

I was flying on Leopard an hour ago announcing on TS, SRS and Chat that I was attacking Beslan... Had one more target to hit and RTB to get more bombs. I come back and see what i thought was an enemy Sukhoi on the ramp knowing that there was a tank that just shot at me!!

SO anyone's guess would be that a RED plane had still landed. Checked the chat to see if Blue/red made the stop there but couldnt find it quick enough(Target RICH Environment). Made my Gun run on the plane and found out it was 104thPresing in a BLUE Sukhoi..

**Announced on all Comms possible after 104th_Blaze asked who owned Beslan, That I was attacking with a few more targets..**

Anywho, Im in the banbox on TS with Clipped wings!! Do drop by sometime :smilewink::music_whistling::music_whistling:

Edited by StreetSharKen

104cdt_SharKen

Catch my streams on Twitch:

Joining on the serve tonight I see a F18 on the Red side, so Please Please don't mix red and blue on each side, it really kills the realism for me flying against PVP, but that's just me!

This was just for Op Leopard which traditionally has always had a mix of east/west airframes on both sides, other missions we run such as Op Longbow only have the Hornet on Bluefor.

Joining on the serve tonight I see a F18 on the Red side, so Please Please don't mix red and blue on each side, it really kills the realism for me flying against PVP, but that's just me!

LOL

Mode crying ON

I'm sad to see one of the best pilot serv getting empty just because some claim "realism" and don't want planes to be mix..#IFF...

Just looking at the player list is insane...

I'm an eagle driver but i don't even go blue beucause there is litteraly nothing to kill on red...

The serv really need to be renamed 104th aerobatic server..

It was awesome with leopard until get back to longbow, i really don't see the point.

Mode crying OFF

See you on the serv.

It was awesome with leopard until get back to longbow, i really don't see the point.

Fly somewhere else then rather than exploding with salt on the forum to try and get things the way you like it.

We cannot please everyone, your rant is a great example of how even with the seasoned veterans in our server we cannot get it right all the time.

YOU HAVE THE CHOICE TO FLY IN OTHER SERVERS!

And your remarks about the server are way off and insulting... Up until recently (pre Hornet AMRAAM) the teams have actually been fantastic. For weeks it was all Red running the show... So much so that 'clubbing seals' became a meme for the Red side, I don't recall you posting anywhere crying about that.

The server population took a large hit due to us hosting on the PG exclusively for a while, as soon as we came back to the Caucasus we had over 50 people in the server straight away.

Balance is always going to be an issue and its not something we are interested in trying to deal with any more.

We do run missions with mixed aircraft alongside non mixed missions, however Longbows recent return has been received very well and lots of people (obviously you excluded) are having a great time flying in it again.

The Hornet just received a major update which is clearly going to influence a lot of peoples decision on what aircraft to fly. I certainly don't think it is anywhere near as bad as you make out and find your comments ludicrous.

Whats wrong with flying the Mirage that you seem to covet so much in your avatar and location?

I certainly don't remember seeing any F5 pilots crying about the lack of team balance when we initially went to the PG map... they got on with the job and became one of the most feared aircraft in the server. There is a lesson in there somewhere if you look hard enough.

edit:

Server was restarted less than 1 hour ago, this is the current team set up...

7iNc8Za.png

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad