Changelog vs Weekend News

First, let me start by saying this is NOT a flame post, or any other form of Negative observation...

This weeks Mini-update (7/13) Update Changelog (7/18 ) and Weekend news (7/20), along with a few other posts has me confused as to what actually did/didn't make the update in relation to the F-18 this week.

Wag's notes (7/13 state that the following would be in next update:

1- Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed.

2- STT track will not switch lock uncommanded.

3- RADAR SIL (radar silence) and STBY mode has been implemented. See image.

4- RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added. See image.

5- Option on ME to select single or ripple release (was not in fact merged for last update)

6- DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL. See image.

7- RWS page SET and weapon and count added when a weapon is in priority. See image.

8- Night Vision Goggles (NVG) added. See image.

9- Instrumented Carrier Landing System (ICLS) added. See image.

10- Landing gear drag lowered.

The Changelog provided on 7/18 said the following made the update:

Second (third, fourth) client now can be spawned on 2nd (3rd, 4th) catapult when 1st CAT is busy

Radar in STT mode will not jump to another target without players action

Radar SIL and STBY modes realized

S (single) and R (Ripple) weapons loading options added

Selected A/A weapon is no more displayed on radar page in RWS mode

Night vision goggles added

COMM: Manually entered frequency will no more appears in channels settings

Random crash when F/A-18C spawned on carrier catapult in multiplayer fixed

Carrier ICLS system realized

Radar: roll and pitch stabilization system improved when user changes elevation by discrete button commands

Then Today (7/20) The Weekend news says the following:

Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed.

STT track will not switch lock uncommanded.

RADAR SIL (radar silence) and STBY mode has been implemented.

RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added.

Option on ME to select single or ripple release (was not in fact merged for last update)

DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL.

RWS page SET and weapon and count added when a weapon is in priority.

Night Vision Goggles (NVG) added.

Instrumented Carrier Landing System (ICLS) added.

Landing gear drag lowered.

The weekend news is exactly the same as Wag had posted on the 13th yet when questions about the Landing gear drag issue, ED Tester said it did NOT make the update. Additionally, during a MP mission last night, the aircraft were still sliding all over the deck with the speed above 19 kts (we reduced speed from 27 to 19 kts and sliding went away immediately).

Now I fully understand that even though some things are mentioned prior to an update that things change and they do not make it. I also know that some things get fixed sooner and are put in. What is confusing is when items pointed out for an update do not show in the update changelog, but DO show up as updated in said update in the weekend news.

PLEASE TAKE THIS AS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM AND NOT AS A NEGATIVE POST!! This is an amazing simulation that has so many moving parts it is unfathomable to many of us. Everyone should be proud of producing an outstanding platform with the F-18 release. Thank you all for what you provide...!!!

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

I agree. There are plenty of people who don't bother to read patch notes on the forum here, but who *do* subscribe to the newsletter via e-mail.

This only creates confusion.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Deck driving at 24kts was harder in the last patch than the previous and the vortices are still there, and I dont know how many times it has been said that AI have been improved on the deck so far but they still crash or drive into you. The release notes at this point are more confusing than ever, despite that appreciate the attempt ED.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Today's update's changelog is so sparse, I actually can not believe that it contains all the fixes when I get a 7+GB fat update that bloats up to ~22GB when unpacking. I expected some map changes listed due to the sheer size.

I'd highly appreciate synchronized update news and changelogs or at least a definite separation of what's benn done in internal builds and what goes out to us trusty customers.

The most prominent example probably was the single shot rocket pods. It's been in the changelog two times and in the weekend news letter once and it almost took two more weeks to actually arrive. I have no problems with that since it's all early access and there's lots of stuff for us to test and try anyway, but I'd be a bit more glad if words would match doings. I've been waiting for the Hornet for 15 years, so one or two weeks more or less for a feature or fix isn't a problem, I just prefer not to get teased with "promises" that aren't being held in the end. And if something that was due doesn't make it, just tell us, it's all just about communication fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg