CaptoGloves have arrived

BlacleyCole

Yeah been up to flying lately so I’ve not gotten on that computer

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
Questions:

1. Can you flip three-way switches (left mouse button & right mouse button) with CG and if yes, how?

2. How responsive are they when pushing buttons i.e. do they "wander off" if sensor is lightly out of alignement (like OcculusTouch)?

3. Are they worth getting now or should one wait for a better version/update?

Thanks.

BUMP!

Anyone?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Sorry but my health has been the best lately so I’m way behind schedule

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

1. Can you flip three-way switches (left mouse button & right mouse button) with CG and if yes, how?

Yes, you can. By assigning mouse buttons to movements/bends of individual fingers for example.

3. Are they worth getting now or should one wait for a better version/update?

I got a left glove. But I would wait for more reports before buying one or even a pair. Especially since it seems to be necessary to get additional sensor for the third dimension.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Inquiring minds would like a status of these gloves. For those who have a glove or two, are you using them in DCS? you thoughts...thanks:thumbup:

I'm not, waiting for better functionality at the moment. Last I looked it was still the laser pointer method, the sim doesn't see your hands. It doesn't understand the contact with the switch, and the hand would go through the panel.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Mule, I bought a pair back in Jan/Feb believing I could use them in DCSWorld straight off after seeing the videos and taking to CaptoGlove guys also after DCS seemed to favour them. At the moment they sit on my computer desk as ornaments. I believe that a profile for integration is currently being tested by DCS and CaptoGlove but very little feedback from either party (probably due to commercial secrecy). You can use them in some other programs & windows. I just wish they would get on with it as they seem to start something then move onto something else before finishing what they started and more info/feedback would be nice.

Problem is in DCS in general. There is no proper support for hands in the cockpit. The mouse cursor is actualy2D placed in 3D space and it is not suitable for such use.

For the same reason, CG is not working even part of the problem is in CG too because there is no positional tracking so they can't be used as VR controller. Same reason Leapmotion is not working as well.

Soon when such support will be implemented as generally standardized VR controllers any gloves will work the same way even those which is much cheaper than overpriced CG.

Even LM will work, maybe not perfect as glove controller but good enough as a cheap alternative for using hands inside the cockpit.

Jabbers sorry but that's a fact.

Don't get too carried away with ED working with the Captoglove devs to integrate it in a similar way as with the Warthog HOTAS - they were doing the same with the G940 (one of the reasons I bought it) and that didn't last long. If the captoglove doesn't live up to expectations it would be dropped like a hot coal - and understandbly so.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi! Mule, I bought a pair back in Jan/Feb believing I could use them in DCSWorld straight off after seeing the videos and taking to CaptoGlove guys also after DCS seemed to favour them. At the moment they sit on my computer desk as ornaments. I believe that a profile for integration is currently being tested by DCS and CaptoGlove but very little feedback from either party (probably due to commercial secrecy). You can use them in some other programs & windows. I just wish they would get on with it as they seem to start something then move onto something else before finishing what they started and more info/feedback would be nice.

Thanks Jim. I have heard that ED are quite keen on this sort of hardware. I remember Wags talking about this or referencing them in a video at one of those big computer/sales/cooperate get together things. ED are a seasoned company now and have been around for many years, I'm sure you know.

In my experience they are well in tune with what we all want. Unfortunately they are not this massive conglomerate company we all like to think they are and resources are limited. They are still dealing with a major release that is in early access and lot of stuff is still being worked on, just not at the pace we all would like.

That's just a long way of saying don't get rid of them. It's all early development stuff. You are at the forefront of that ;)

Problem is in DCS in general. There is no proper support for hands in the cockpit. The mouse cursor is actualy2D placed in 3D space and it is not suitable for such use.

For the same reason, CG is not working even part of the problem is in CG too because there is no positional tracking so they can't be used as VR controller. Same reason Leapmotion is not working as well.

Soon when such support will be implemented as generally standardized VR controllers any gloves will work the same way even those which is much cheaper than overpriced CG.

Even LM will work, maybe not perfect as glove controller but good enough as a cheap alternative for using hands inside the cockpit.

Jabbers sorry but that's a fact.

Not sure what you mean by proper support, but in it's obviously very early implementation the Oculus Touch Controller support is actually pretty good.

I suspect there will be some very good things coming down the pike as the technology develops.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not sure what you mean by proper support, but in it's obviously very early implementation the Oculus Touch Controller support is actually pretty good.

I suspect there will be some very good things coming down the pike as the technology develops.

That is the problem. It is work only for Rift controllers not for steam for example. Such glove should work as VR controllers. Leapmotion has support as steam VR controllers and you can use Leapmotion as Vive controllers. With general support for all controllers not just this elitist bullshit with support for just one controller, all these gloves will work as natural hands in the cockpit.

Similar problems we were having with ED in past with Freetrack vs TrackIR standards.

That is the problem. It is work only for Rift controllers not for steam for example. Such glove should work as VR controllers. Leapmotion has support as steam VR controllers and you can use Leapmotion as Vive controllers. With general support for all controllers not just this elitist bullshit with support for just one controller, all these gloves will work as natural hands in the cockpit.

Similar problems we were having with ED in past with Freetrack vs TrackIR standards.

It is not BS, it is early give them time - pretty sure they have a lot on their plate...

Good things come to those who wait.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It's not elitist. It's being realistic. Just like Saitek and Thurstmaster files come standard but not anything else. You pick some market leaders and go with it. In due time, others may be started.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's not elitist. It's being realistic. Just like Saitek and Thrustmaster files come standard but not anything else. You pick some market leaders and go with it. In due time, others may be started.

This is complete nonsense and false information.

First of all recommended, some product is not the same as implementing only one.

You can choose Saitek or Thrustmaster, BTW Saitek not existing anymore is now Logitec, but you have in-game support for any standard controller. So you can buy cheap no name for few $ or some expensive small series high quality from specialized manufactured controllers like VKB or SMG. Point is you have a choice because any controller working. Its up to you what will you use.

But it this case when working only rift controllers for VR or where they forcing some other specific product is at least not fair and maybe even against the law, at least here in EU is.

You obviously don't know what was happened in the past with on purpose blocking Freetrack standards forcing only one choice for head tracking.

DCS modules are highly expensive products and that is OK and full right from ED to chose product price. But with such price, they must have proper support for that product and even that is obligated by the law soon as they sell one product.

I just want from ED to be fair to us faithful ED consumers to have basic decency and provide us with what we need to fully enjoin in the product we paid. It is not just law obligation it is ED moral obligation even more.

Did I ask something too much or impossible? No, I'm not asking, I'm demanding because it is their obligation to do it in a moment they decide to step out to market and sell this product. Especially if it is easily doable and I prove it is in several cases.

This is complete nonsense and false information.

First of all recommended, some product is not the same as implementing only one.

You can choose Saitek or Thrustmaster, BTW Saitek not existing anymore is now Logitec, but you have in-game support for any standard controller. So you can buy cheap no name for few $ or some expensive small series high quality from specialized manufactured controllers like VKB or SMG. Point is you have a choice because any controller working. Its up to you what will you use.

But it this case when working only rift controllers for VR or where they forcing some other specific product is at least not fair and maybe even against the law, at least here in EU is.

You obviously don't know what was happened in the past with on purpose blocking Freetrack standards forcing only one choice for head tracking.

DCS modules are highly expensive products and that is OK and full right from ED to chose product price. But with such price, they must have proper support for that product and even that is obligated by the law soon as they sell one product.

I just want from ED to be fair to us faithful ED consumers to have basic decency and provide us with what we need to fully enjoin in the product we paid. It is not just law obligation it is ED moral obligation even more.

Did I ask something too much or impossible? No, I'm not asking, I'm demanding because it is their obligation to do it in a moment they decide to step out to market and sell this product. Especially if it is easily doable and I prove it is in several cases.

Wow, actually they did not have to support VR at all for that matter.

And here they are pushing the boundaries with a very early implementation of Touch Controller support.

The technology is evolving and much may be changing over the next year or two.

Don B

The "standard", (OpenXR) is still being developed, which in my personal assumption (I know, everybody has one), this is probably the reason for the perceived slowness in Eagle Dynamics developing hardware support for particular proprietary devices.

Basically, OpenXR is the open and royalty-free standard for VR and AR applications and devices, supported by fairly much all the major players.

Other words, it would kinda suck if you had to go purchase a separate TV for each different air channel, cable provider, satellite provider, game console, BlueRay player, and so on and on. Most peoples just want the one TV they purchased at Walmart to work with all of them (I say most peoples, because there are a few folks who prefer the chaotic scenario above). Anyway, time will tell.

:imxo: :argue: :beer:

2016-vr-graphic-1_5.jpg

Edited by DigitalEngine

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

Wow, actually they did not have to support VR at all for that matter.

And here they are pushing the boundaries with a very early implementation of Touch Controller support.

The technology is evolving and much may be changing over the next year or two.

They don't but from the moment they promote VR support in DCS, they have otherwise they clearly have to say they are not supporting VR in general.

How long VR is in use, and all these years they didn't do much even if they promote the product with VR support?

How much you know about VR controllers technology? From your writing, except using it, nothing. I'm here for OpenVR standards not exclusivity to just one vendor. Is it that hard from the beginning working with general standards so everyone will be able to use it the same way.

Is it that hard to understand? Is this unfair to anyone?

VR controllers in general joystick with few buttons and 6 axes per controller. If you start working that way this controller should work the same on any platform no matter is it Touch controller, Vive controller, or any other SteamVR controller, glove or Leapmotion based controller.

All we need in DCS is 6 axis for positional and directional tracking and just one button for interacting with switches inside cockpit. And if you do it generally that way should work with any VR controller same way. End of story.

That this is possible is proven to buy some guys who managed to do much more than ED in the shorter time than they working on Touch controller, they do it for free and with very limited knowledge of coding. Basically, at least they prove it is doable.

The "standard", (OpenXR) is still being developed, which in my personal assumption (I know, everybody has one), this is probably the reason for the perceived slowness in Eagle Dynamics developing hardware support for particular proprietary devices.

Basically, OpenXR is the open and royalty-free standard for VR and AR applications and devices, supported by fairly much all the major players.

Other words, it would kinda suck if you had to go purchase a separate TV for each different air channel, cable provider, satellite provider, game console, BlueRay player, and so on and on. Most peoples just want the one TV they purchase at Walmart to work with all of them (I say most peoples, because there a few folks who prefer the chaotic scenario above). Anyway, time will tell.

Exactly. That is my point.

For example, Oculus support OpenVR (older version and today is OpenXR, basically same thing) but have its own standards too.

So the question is why thanED didn't start in the first play working on VR controllers support based on OpenVR so everyone could use it instantly no matter do you have Rift Vive or WMR. Why just exclusively Rift?

Edited by wormeaten

OK. Let stop this pointless debate about what should be or not.

Let's be practical, What we have right now with this Capto Glove?

What is functioning right now?

I don't have one but according to the video as I predict and didn't get any denial from real users, at least not yet. CG working in a way they have 3 axes. Pitch Jaw and Roll and tracking finger move true glove.

First of all CG owners confirm that or make a correction and explain what we got with CG. Thanks.

I'm aiming to figure out what we got right now, and to see could we use CG, or any other similar product as part of SteamVR controllers. Maybe the combination with Leapmotion could give us full 6DoF tracking with the glove. In this case, using LM just for positional tracking of our hands which should work perfectly Because LM only have problems with finger tracking and less with positional tracking what in this case could be tracked by CG.

The idea is somehow combining this two hardware as one SteamVR controller for proper interaction in DCS module cockpit.

Take that as an initiative and be constructive. Let's try squeeze as much juice from that what we got right now. ED and CG developers are more than welcome in this debate. It is in a mutual interest of all of ass ED, CG, LM, possible others devs or hardware producers and us end users.

Let's be constructive, together we can do it faster, better and easier.

OK. Let stop this pointless debate about what should be or not.

That would be nice...

:music_whistling:

Don B