Steam Release

Baz000

I think Steam releases happen faster now than in the past. I would guess it will take some weeks or a few months at most. But it's still better to run the standalone version.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would also like to know about the Steam version release. ED didn't specify a different date for Steam so I just assumed it would be the same day. Hope we get it soon. Didn't know about this whole standalone vs Steam nonsense when I bought a couple modules on sale through Steam a couple months back.

When can we expect the map to be available on STEAM?

I Will tell you how this will happen, and how ALL MODULES will be released, and how it's been since December 2013 .

Nothing NEW will ever just be released Directly to the Release Branch.

F/A-18C/Persian Gulf/Any Upcoming Modules Will Release as Early Access on the Open Beta Branch First.

Once The Open Beta Build is in a State that is considered stable, that Version will migrate to Release Branch, And Eventually Steam

This is Affected by DCS WORLD as a Whole, not just release State of the Module in Question (F/A-18C, Persian Gulf, Etc)

As there are many things being added to DCS World w/ Every patch..

So, if you want Module on DAY 1 of Early Access, then DCS Open Beta is what you will need.

You can Easily Convert to From Release to Open Beta (and Back Again), using Command Line Instructions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

If you do NOT want to use CommandLines, or having problems doing so, there's a 3rd party GUI Here, that makes it Easy as Clicking a Button:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Outside of that, There's no point in debating any further about which branch it will come out first on and why.

If you don't want to run OpenBeta Branch, that's entirely your decision, you will have to wait for the new DCS World Build w/ the Module to be deemed Stable and Moved to the Release Branch.

That being Said, the Question has been Asked and Answered w/ Nearly Every New Module, and the Answer has been the same Since December 2013,

There's no need for a continued debate.

//Closed

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs