NTTR info and mission by the 476

Do you two have Tacview recording? With that many objects it can be a real CPU hog. Particarly on a ~2012 i5. (I have the same chip)

I appreciate that Tacview is a necessity for many of us, but try disabling it and report back.

If you don’t know how to do this, navigate to your export.lua file (Saved Games/DCSopenalpha/Scripts/Export.lua), open it with notepad++ or similar and comment out the tacview line by adding two dashes infront of it. (“—dofile.......”). If you’re using Notepad++ or any kind of decent editor, the line will go green to indicate it is disabled.

Ragtop is right, assuming you're running Tacview locally, although that's not the correct way to disable Tacview any longer.

If you are running Tacview, the proper way to disable it is inside of DCS' special menu for Tacview (Launch DCS< go to Settings -> Special -> Tacview) and disable recording.

Again, assuming that's your problem. The mission has 1000s of objects which is what makes it so valuable, but indeed will introduce performance overhead which Tacview can exacerbate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ragtop is right, assuming you're running Tacview locally, although that's not the correct way to disable Tacview any longer.

If you are running Tacview, the proper way to disable it is inside of DCS' special menu for Tacview (Launch DCS< go to Settings -> Special -> Tacview) and disable recording.

Again, assuming that's your problem. The mission has 1000s of objects which is what makes it so valuable, but indeed will introduce performance overhead which Tacview can exacerbate.

You know I spent forever scouring the TacView UI for the record control the other day. Can’t believe I missed that!

Updated my original post.

476th vFG Alumni

In the next update, I will include some “light” versions. 1 where only the Northern (70’s) ranges are in, and another one with only the Southern (60’s) ranges.

Depending on your plans you take one or the other, if your system doesn’t really like the full version.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I luv this mod, and I've been using it a year and a half now :thumbup:

There are only 2 things I can think of that I would like to have added, well actually to the Target Range Script.

One would be if it told me on bombing targets in which direction my hits are offset from the center of the target, with my run-in as the reference. Currently it only tells me hit so-n-so many feet from target (it's nearly impossible to get an exact hit, at least for me :huh:), but not if the hit was 20 feet right, or short or long, and I'm kind of an old man flying with VR. It's a major task for me to look 180° over my shoulder to see where the impact was, without getting out of my seat :(

Use BDU-33s...

They mark impact with White Smoke.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

OK- Help a new guy with the mission editor out- I see in the editor where you turned all the threats off (1 Once (TGT and FAC AI off, No Event).

Can you turn "ON" a range? Ideally I'd like to use the F10 options to enable specific ranges, or I could set trigger zones I guess so when I fly in an area that range turns on.

Is anyone else doing this or are you just using these for static target practice?

TJ

Within the 476 we use the NTTR like they do in real life. All targets are “dumb” units forming the desired “enemy” formations.

We use this to practice tactics, techniques and procedures.

You will also notice that in the type of units being used. If you look on Google Earth, you will see that they use M113, trucks, jeeps, old US tanks and so on, to represent enemy tank formations for example. The Nevada dessert isn’t filled with T-80’s :)

In our internal version, just as in real life, we have a network of (mobile) threat systems that we can enable as we see fit for a certain scenario or excercise.

We also use the Moose missile training script.

The combination of all that gives us endless possibilities in setups, to make every mission unique.

If we want to do scoring of bomb/strafe runs, we use Tacview. That is setup on our server to make server side recordings for each client.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

First post updated with lastest info.

Latest version of the mission is available on our site.

For information about each individual target, the NTTR Ranges and Targets pages are available on our website for those who have an account and are logged on.

These pages don't only give you information about the ranges, targets and what they represent, but also the exact location in different formats, ROE's, intel pictures, and plenty more.

This is part of our mission planning and training tools, and are continuous updated with additional information.

• Like 1

dUJOta.jpg

Do you two have Tacview recording? With that many objects it can be a real CPU hog. Particarly on a ~2012 i5. (I have the same chip)

I appreciate that Tacview is a necessity for many of us, but try disabling it and report back.

Thank you sir! That was the solution. Performance seems normal now for my i7-4770K.

Cheers and thanks to Stuka for all your great detailed work. Excellent job.

-Waxer

First post updated with lastest info.

Latest version of the mission is available on our site.

For information about each individual target, the NTTR Ranges and Targets pages are available on our website for those who have an account and are logged on.

These pages don't only give you information about the ranges, targets and what they represent, but also the exact location in different formats, ROE's, intel pictures, and plenty more.

This is part of our mission planning and training tools, and are continuous updated with additional information.

This is awesome. I absolutely love what you did with the website. Great job!!!!

TJ

OK- Im being a bloody idiot. How do you easily find lat/long for the IPs?

I know I can hover my cursor over them in mission editor, but that requires me to flip back and forth and is a real pain in the behind.

Im trying to create some basic "learn the Viggen" missions in NTTR and I cant figure out how to convert the IPs to lat/long for input into the computer.

TJ

Yep- Im a bloody idiot. Left click on the waypoints in Google Earth Pro. Select Properties. Lat/Long.

Glad you figured it out TJ.

On top of Google Earth, all points are also available in the "area points" section on our site.

dUJOta.jpg

Stuka,

Way Way WAY above and beyond what anyone expected. Thank you and everyone involved for your efforts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Yes, absolutely awesome work, thanks for the effort and for sharing it with the community. Opens new things for me to do, or new ways.

Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for this.

But one question, and sorry if it is a stupid question. Someone said something about a script that tells you how far you hit from the target. I have never got a message, how does it work, what do I have to do to make it work? Does it work for strafing also? (I can see the targets, strafing pits, etc.)

Again thanks for all the work that went into this.

Thanks very much for this.

But one question, and sorry if it is a stupid question. Someone said something about a script that tells you how far you hit from the target. I have never got a message, how does it work, what do I have to do to make it work? Does it work for strafing also? (I can see the targets, strafing pits, etc.)

Again thanks for all the work that went into this.

Check out this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157991

Bomb and Strafe Targets. Works well in SP and MP

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Quick question for you struka. Would you have a document that explain the procedure on how to get to each ranges on NTTR, I know the basics departures and recoveries but I'm looking to know more specifically how to get to X range.

Thanks

Beazle