DCS Terrain development team

Prowler111

Falklands? Alright, yeah, neato one hit wonder of a map.

I'm rooting for a Med WWII map, or Afrika to compliment VEAO's eventual(?) P-40 release, or maybe something Pacific to go with our upcoming Corsair and A-20, along with our Hellcat/Zero mods. Or possibly even Vietnam??

Please give us something please that offers something other than Mirages vs Harriers.

~S

Why? I for one would love a Falklands/Malvinas map, especially as it could support large fleet ops. In the end the landmass isn't that big, the cities are small, compared to Las Vegas/Dubai, and we could get a seemingly endless ocean around the islands.

Maybe a small strip of Argentinian coast with one or two airfields and a harbour?

Anyway, apart from the perfect fit, there was no official comment from the team.

They said they will get to us, when their deal with ED is done, so we are all speculating anyway.

Maybe they come up with something completely different, we don't know, yet.

I for one am happy we get more terrain /scenarios in the future. That is a great addition that benefits all modules!

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two great people I did a lot with, their commitment to DCS World is unprecedented and I'm absolutely confident on first hand knowledge that we are in safe hands. They especially have a lot of time put aside for DCS. It's about time we converted this level of community into functioning professional contributors and it's a move I'm greatly enthused about.

No need to wish them luck at all, absolutely not. I just will have problems keeping less excited now for DCS and am absolutely thrilled.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I've found the map they are working on :D

893599447_F19StealthMap.jpg.8393cd19c28477fffa23528dc103474c.jpg

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Just in case they decide on a theater that a British and Argentinian team might feasibly choose together...

The only question is if we can race AAV7's around Laguna Seca ;)

Tbilisi to Anapa is the same as Rio Grande to Stanley. What a happy coincidence, i was worried about map size.

FalklandsCaucasus.jpg.fc60e948449bed7f82ec44391ef963b9.jpg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Much better a Bosnian war Map. The aircrafts involved in the campaign were F-16,F-18, Harrier, F-15, F-117, Mirage 2000, Migs and many others...

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

I think a Falklands map would be awesome but i seriously doubt people would fly a real mission from the Argentinian side.

Flying from the main base in Rio Grande to Puerto Argentino for example in an A-4 or a Dagger and back is a 3+ hours flight with AAR included so... Who wants to fly 3 hours in and out to drop bombs in 2 minutes over a British Frigate and run away as fast as possible to mainland again?

Dont get me wrong, the flight is amazing, AAR. low profile to avoid beeing detected by radars and Harriers, avoid SAMs, attacking frigates, etc but the time needed for a realistic profile is very very long.

Only the Pucarás were fighting from the Falklands itself.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Fantastic News Razbam. You create fantastic things. It will be top. Speedtree is a must. Can you do something with the clouds? Airfield personel? I know you can do it. I’ll buy it day one! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I think a Falklands map would be awesome but i seriously doubt people would fly a real mission from the Argentinian side.

Flying from the main base in Rio Grande to Puerto Argentino for example in an A-4 or a Dagger and back is a 3+ hours flight with AAR included so... Who wants to fly 3 hours in and out to drop bombs in 2 minutes over a British Frigate and run away as fast as possible to mainland again?

Dont get me wrong, the flight is amazing, AAR. low profile to avoid beeing detected by radars and Harriers, avoid SAMs, attacking frigates, etc but the time needed for a realistic profile is very very long.

True, would have to do airstarts unless they include the Veinticinco de Mayo for Hypothetical scenarios.

Hypotetical scenarios are also great for potential missions inside the Falklands.

Like What if the Skyhawks where deployed inside the islands, or even the Daggers,etc. But for "real" missions you should fly from Rio Grande with a flight time over 3 hours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Not exactly: MB-339 too operated from Puerto Argentino in Falklands;)

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I also enjoy hardcore missions in my squad.

But time available is always a factor ( family, kids, jobs) so this kind of 3+ hours flying is a handicap IMHO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First: many people in DCS enjoy hardcore missions; my Argentinian squad does.

Second: there can be many semi-historical missions done, or interesting fictional ones about different international disputes over that territory, even nowdays.

Third: not only Pucaras were based in Malvinas, also MB-339 and T-34C were based at the islands.

So, RAZBAM, amazing news. You are making Mirage III and now Atlantico Sur map, childhood dreams here. We'll have Harrier, Gazelle, Mirage III, A-4 and also MB-339...we only need an Etendard with Exocets for a full Malvinas War. BTW. great news on the ships and assets too.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Nice info, +1 for this map but I agree. It will nice to see DLC as Sea Harrier.

With N/A version will be a problem on this map ;D.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro