HORTON Ho229 v4+ by Polychop Simulations

borchi_2b

all for it too! bring on the HO-229! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Think I'll pass on this, would prefer they stick to choppers since no one else is doing those.

I hear you, your highness, but the Horton is such an iconic plane that, despite my love of the helos we have and will be getting, if they actually make a DCS module of this plane, there's no way in hell I won't be buying it on day one that it's offered. Even if I never get into the WWII aspect of DCS I will still enjoy just flying around with this puppy. But having said that, how are those choppers coming along? Are they ready yet?!? ;) :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Hi, if a plane is realisable always depends on the informations available.

As stated before we decided to put her on hold for the moment as we have not received all information that would be available. The order is still pending and I hope we get that solved within the next few month. After that we would have to review all the available material and translate a lot of it too, cause many documents will be available in german too.

As soon it is translated we can give the data to our lead programmer and he can decide if it will be possible to realise the project or not. I assume that the development of this plane will at least last till end of 2017 cause we have a lot of preparation that needs to be done for the plane, like the translation of the documents and many other issues.

Any info that is available is welcome so if you have anything you think is valid for posting as info feel free to post or pm me.

Cheers :pilotfly:

Sven

As stated before we decided to put her on hold for the moment as we have not received all information that would be available. The order is still pending and I hope we get that solved within the next few month. After that we would have to review all the available material and translate a lot of it too, cause many documents will be available in german too.

As soon it is translated we can give the data to our lead programmer and he can decide if it will be possible to realise the project or not. I assume that the development of this plane will at least last till end of 2017 cause we have a lot of preparation that needs to be done for the plane, like the translation of the documents and many other issues.

Any info that is available is welcome so if you have anything you think is valid for posting as info feel free to post or pm me.

Sven

Sounds good :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sven

Good Luck! If you could put together a DCS Me 163 in your spare time that would be great.

AFAIK they are putting the sole surviving 229 on display at the Smithsonian this year sometime.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe, you'll like this.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 10 months later...
Will see.

Depends on some factors, mainly on the factor intel.

But hey you reminded me that I wanted to call somebody. Thanks man, I hope it works out this time.

Hope so too :smilewink:

Thx for quick answer :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to what ever comes out of this. It certainly is a very interesting project and if enough data is available to accuratly recreate this bird it would be awesome :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will see.

Depends on some factors, mainly on the factor intel.

But hey you reminded me that I wanted to call somebody. Thanks man, I hope it works out this time.

I don´t know if anybody already said this but the Deutsche Museum in Munich is in possession of all the original blueprints, construction drawings and materials about the Horten H.IX/Ho 229.

They have been given back by American authorities and are accessable to the public through their archive page. You need to go to the museum after setting up an appointment and can view and copy all the material.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup: