cut off

grafspee

i noticed that in p-51 and spitfire while you are using iddle cut off for shuting engine down

when engine is about to make a stop sudden spike of rpm occure it looks like some fuel got in to combustion chamber and speed up engine agian it can cycle that rpm spike couple time before engien make full stop

ok im not a pilot i dont own p-51 and dont own spitfire so we can pass on it already, but i watched hundreds of videos whiel spits or p-51 is turning engine off i saw spitfire IRL too and i never see something like this. Engine just make a full stop without any back fires etc it sudently becoming silent and only thing you can hear is sound of internal parts mowing inside no combustion sounds

just like this

is it fixable ??

i think iddle cut off valve is leaking in dcs planes :P

if i am miss managing those planes please tell me.

shuting down engine via magnetos is out os the question it woul flood engine with fuel

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The DCS taildraggers do a bunch of weird things, or don't do weird things that their real life counterparts do. And it seems ED refuses to fix them. You can't even do most of the engine checks for the DCS P-51 because it doesn't react properly, if at all.

Unfortunately, this is one of these kind of issues, the problem you described. I can't even shut down the Mustang like I'm instructed in the mid 50's manual, which says to crack the throttle as the RPMs drop past 700. But doing this in DCS just makes the engine continue to sputter until I switch the mags off before I should.

I implore ED to reapproach their carbureted engines, and fine tune them a lot more.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Before you pull the idle cutoff throttle up to 1500 RPMs. After you cut off the fuel, watch your RPMs and when they get down below 700 SLOWLY start to increase the throttle until the engine is stopped.

That's according to the manual. I've noticed 700 RPMs is when the MP gets up to about 30in (which is the default ambient pressure of 29.92) and I suspect opening the throttle keeps the MP from going above the atmospheric pressure (or doing something weird when it gets to ambient pressure), which I guess would cause a problem.

Anyway, IRL I've seen mustang pilots do this and they don't take any special care when pushing up the throttle so I suspect DCS is overly sensitive in that regard.

found another thing in manual that before landing set 61inhg 3000rpm for 1 minute to clean engine

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

found another one here we can see what exactly pilot is doing. He advance throttle a little then pull mixture to iddle cut off then engine goes to a smooth stop without any puffing and any wierd sound nor sudden jumps in rpm

this sudden jump in rpm with puffing sound appear around 200rpm in my case alwayes no matter what i do

Edited by grafspee