AI Air to Air broken with recent patch 1.2.16

NakedSquirrel

The AI seem to be broken in air to air combat with one of the recent patches. It is especially noticable in the prop planes and korean war jets, but noticable with all aircraft. The AI no longer seem to dogfight properly and instead try to fly at their minimum airspeed (Unless they are directly behind you, then they will increase speed to catch up.) It is noticable in modern aircraft if you remove missiles, because you will be able to see them extend their airbrake and fly at their absolute minimum speed for the duration of the fight.

The AI used to prefer a boom and zoom tactic, and put up a decent fight, but now they no longer seem to work. Iinstead, they just stay at stall speed and no longer dogfight.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

• 2 weeks later...

It was a very simple head to head dogfight I made a while ago. Funny enough, I make another quick mission to reproduce the behavior and they behave properly.

I will have to play around to see if I can find what causes the AI to stop flying to full potnetial.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3