Kaspersky Internet Security problem with edCore.dll

Toastman

Hi Guys

I just updated to latest Open Beta with Super Carrier , BUT my Kaspersky Internet Security Suite

detects a VHO:Hacktool.win32.Inject.gen object in DCS bin file edCore.dll and wont let me run the game without creating an exception for the file . ( without the exception the file is deleted )

Any advice would be welcome :)

Thanks

The same problem here. I opened Kaspersky and told him to ignore the file. Then I stopped his protection. Without it, it won't let DCS initialize.

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

Guys, Kaspersky user myself. You have to make an exeption otherwise you will be in a world of trouble.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Antivirus software is good for three things:

1. False positives.

2. False impression of "being safe".

3. Taking money from your pocket, if you pay for it / Making you pay with data if its "free".

Gone for good.

Antivirus software is good for three things:

1. False positives.

2. False impression of "being safe".

3. Taking money from your pocket, if you pay for it / Making you pay with data if its "free".

So true, so true!!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Same here.. Had to make an Exclusion for edCore.dll.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

MalwareBytes also showing infected with latest update

With the latest update, MalwareBytes is also showing these files as infected:

Malware.Generic.223320016, \PROGRAM FILES\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD\MODS\AIRCRAFT\A-10C\BIN\COCKPIT_A10COMMON.DLL

Malware.Generic.3750462825, \PROGRAM FILES\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD\MODS\AIRCRAFT\C-101\BIN\ABASE.DLL

Malware.Generic.2601661353, \PROGRAM FILES\EAGLE DYNAMICS\DCS WORLD\MODS\AIRCRAFT\MIG-21BIS\BIN\FLIGHTMODEL.DLL

I ran a DCS_Updater repair to restore the files, but they are always being marked as infected.

sorry no idea how to do " Had to make an Exclusion for edCore.dll. " how does one go about doing this?

In Kaspersky, go to settings(the cog in the bottom left corner on mine). Then click on 'Protection, and then on 'File Anti-Virus' (click on the text, not the switch).

Click on 'Advanced Settings' on the bottom and then scroll all the way to the bottom of that screen.

And Click on 'Set up exclusions'. Add the file edCore.dll there.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I am using Kaspersky for the last 8+ years paying for full security. By itself is recognize ALL the Massive Online Games. I NEVER had problems with DCS and Kaspersky AV program. Yesterday was the first and ONLY problem that happened in my PC that DCS files had problems. So the question is. Do you exclude DCS files? Or there IS something in DCS that can cause problems later? Because I am doing other work for my Job too. Personally I am not going to risk it. it is ED job to make things right.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

I am using Kaspersky for the last 8+ years paying for full security. By itself is recognize ALL the Massive Online Games. I NEVER had problems with DCS and Kaspersky AV program. Yesterday was the first and ONLY problem that happened in my PC that DCS files had problems. So the question is. Do you exclude DCS files? Or there IS something in DCS that can cause problems later? Because I am doing other work for my Job too. Personally I am not going to risk it. it is ED job to make things right.
NO! It's not Ed's fault that you pay for subpar software!

NO! It's not Ed's fault that you pay for subpar software!

Like I said in another post, if your smoke detector triggered, you check your house making sure everything is alright before accusing the detector for false alarm.

I trust ED would not intentionally do harm to it's clients, but given the current circumstance where a lot of people/devs have to work remotely from their own devices, this in turn rises the risk profile of software development and its associated security.

There was a case not long ago that a well reputation developer unknowingly introduced virus/backdoor into its software because one of its core dev used a tempered compiler that he thought was legit.

Not necessarily suggesting the above as the case here, but there're indeed various ways to temper a software and most of them are unintentional. Safest approach is thoroughly check it before any conclusion.

Yes, it could be just a false alarm, but we don't know it for sure unless someone with the right expertise looked into it. Until then, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Like I said in another post, if your smoke detector triggered, you check your house making sure everything is alright before accusing the detector for false alarm.

I trust ED would not intentionally do harm to it's clients, but given the current circumstance where a lot of people/devs have to work remotely from their own devices, this in turn rises the risk profile of software development and its associated security.

There was a case not long ago that a well reputation developer unknowingly introduced virus/backdoor into its software because one of its core dev used a tempered compiler that he thought was legit.

Not necessarily suggesting the above as the case here, but there're indeed various ways to temper a software and most of them are unintentional. Safest approach is thoroughly check it before any conclusion.

Yes, it could be just a false alarm, but we don't know it for sure unless someone with the right expertise looked into it. Until then, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Yeah. You're somewhat correct. In my case I actually changed my sloke detectors for false positives all the time.

As after every update, some guys here comes along complaining about false positives. And some of you even pay for that shitty software. Why?

And the guy demanded that ED should fix it! Seriously???!!!

I've had no problems with Kapsersky and it's done a good job for me for years...until now. I didn't get a message about edcore.dll, it simply didn't let it get reinstalled during the download/install, along with a couple of other ones too.

I copied them from my non-beta install, put the files in the Exception rule list in Kaspersky, ran the DCS repair program and all was fixed.

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

Yeah. You're somewhat correct. In my case I actually changed my sloke detectors for false positives all the time.

As after every update, some guys here comes along complaining about false positives. And some of you even pay for that shitty software. Why?

And the guy demanded that ED should fix it! Seriously???!!!

You've missed the entire point mate.

But I can sense your passion with DCS and ED. So, all good.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

WTF again. Once again, some problem with DCS World and Kaspersky. It is not an art to exclude a threat, but an art is to release the product without such errors. This is terribly frustrating. ED do you hear it?
How's this ED's fault?

WTF again. Once again, some problem with DCS World and Kaspersky. It is not an art to exclude a threat, but an art is to release the product without such errors. This is terribly frustrating. ED do you hear it?

So not running Kaspersky is the solution then, since this doesn't happen to me and I don't run Kaspersky at all.

That's like blaming ED for mods that "break" when ED updates their software, instead of telling the modders to keep up with ED instead.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com