Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wallet is ready!

I am thinking of integrating some form of pre-order plugin for the webshop so that when we're getting closer, those who want to can pre-order, and cards will only be charged at the time the MCGs are ready for delivery.

I believe this would solve the most frustrating issue for "F5 keyboard warriors" who'd otherwise are breaking the website on the day of release, and should spread the load over a few weeks, rather than a day of mayhem. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am thinking of integrating some form of pre-order plugin for the webshop so that when we're getting closer, those who want to can pre-order, and cards will only be charged at the time the MCGs are ready for delivery.

That would be great!

Anxiously awaiting.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I believe this would solve the most frustrating issue for "F5 keyboard warriors" who'd otherwise are breaking the website on the day of release, and should spread the load over a few weeks, rather than a day of mayhem. :thumbup:

Fantastic! Let us know once you get that going... not only for the MCG but the throttle too.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Monster Tech Center Mount for desk just arrived.

Gunfighter Plate for the above arrived last week.

Gunfighter arrived even earlier.

Extension Kit for Gunfighter arrived last week as well.

So, all I need now is this new MCG Grip and I will be set.

When did you say pre-orders will open?? lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I will aim for pre-orders some time in August (subject to change), have to see how things are going. I try to keep everyone up-to-date, of course. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I will aim for pre-orders some time in August (subject to change), have to see how things are going. I try to keep everyone up-to-date, of course. :)

Great. I've heard nothing but wonderful things and I can't wait to get my hands on a gunfighter/mcg pro bundle.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on the MCG?

Don B

I hope to have some MCG news from VKB HQ some time after August 22nd for everyone.

FYI - I've tested the pre-order plugin for the webshop successfully, and I plan to use it with the MCG and the next Gunfighter batch. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

When the Gunfighter, extension and MCG are available as a package, I will be ordering immediately.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

When the Gunfighter, extension and MCG are available as a package, I will be ordering immediately.

There will be such bundles in the near future, with the MCG becoming the second grip available for VKB HQ to sell. The Gunfighter will come in the following configurations:

• Gunfighter 'Vintage' Edition (KG12 grip)

• Gunfighter 'Modern Combat' Edition (choice of MCG or MCG Pro)

• Gunfighter 'Deluxe' Edition (KG12 plus MCG or MCG Pro bundle)

• Gunfighter Pro 'Vintage' Edition (KG12 grip)

• Gunfighter Pro 'Modern Combat' Edition (choice of MCG or MCG Pro)

• Gunfighter Pro 'Deluxe' Edition (KG12 plus MCG or MCG Pro bundle)

Prices TBD, ETA still not firm yet, awaiting news from VKB HQ later this month...

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Gunfighter 'Modern Combat' Edition (choice of MCG or MCG Pro)

Prices TBD, ETA still not firm yet, awaiting news from VKB HQ later this month...

Yes Please ...As long as the price is right for me that is :D

• Like 1

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Will 'base-only' option be available someday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was for a little while, until VKB HQ decided to rather sell complete sticks that are usable out of the box, without having to wait (potentially a long time) for a grip at a later date. The goal was to avoid any potential incompatibility between the firmware of a base purchased prior, and grip purchased at a later date. Understandable, imho.

That said, until VKB HQ changes their mind, there won't be a "base-only" option made available again.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

It was for a little while, until VKB HQ decided to rather sell complete sticks that are usable out of the box, without having to wait (potentially a long time) for a grip at a later date. The goal was to avoid any potential incompatibility between the firmware of a base purchased prior, and grip purchased at a later date. Understandable, imho.

That said, until VKB HQ changes their mind, there won't be a "base-only" option made available again.

I see both sides of it, but at the same time, if companies like VKB, Virpil, and TM are making these "modular" HOTAS systems, it would be nice to offer the consumer the options of assembling their own units, based on personal preference and play style. At the same time, I understand their concerns about firmware. Further, from a branding standpoint, I can see why they would only want to sell THEIR sticks with THEIR base. Don't exactly want to market for your competitors, do you?

All that being said, I wish I could buy the base standalone as well...

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Hell, by the time I bought a 15cm extension and new spring + $30 grease for the gimbal of my Warthog, I could've just sold my it and got one of these for the same cost (probably less).

Wouldn't have fit on my WSP though, so that would be an issue. That said, these grips look great!

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I hope to have some MCG news from VKB HQ some time after August 22nd for everyone.

FYI - I've tested the pre-order plugin for the webshop successfully, and I plan to use it with the MCG and the next Gunfighter batch. :)

Excellent, thank you for the update!

MCG analog trigger/thruster/slew switches arriving for assembly - high quality made by ALPS. We're getting closer, folks... :)

jyz7MIE.jpg

Edited by rrohde
VKB HQ told me that those were analog switches instead... sorry

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Here's quick look at the adjustable palm rest of the MCG (lowest and highest settings shown); photo based on pre-production model (button colors not final).

The second picture shows the palm rest from underneath; for a more comfortable position, the palm rest was widened based on ergonomics checks during the mockup phase.

inter_3.thumb.jpg.d8b04be6ec6084286de05cc0e2e536ca.jpg

inter_2.jpg.1d08644560473ab8f4e1f4f2b34d968e.jpg

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Oh man, I'd like to get this joystick. How long do we have to wait for it?

:)

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Still have a new Gunfighter Pro in box, awaiting on this grip...

Don B