Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

FYi - If there are any issues with not being able to get the TMW grip with a VKB base via adapter to work - feel free to contact me or post on the official VKB forum (http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewforum.php?f=25); we're here to help.

... just sayin' :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the MCG work with a Gladiator base?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Looks like it is now scheduled to come out in September. Prices on the vkb website. https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=vkb-controllers

160 for the pro

Yikes, looks like will be another 3 months or so then before I can truly set up my new Gunfighter...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Will the MCG work with a Gladiator base?

Only for the Gladiator Pro (not the non-Pro version) has swappable grips.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yikes, looks like will be another 3 months or so then before I can truly set up my new Gunfighter...

Sorry about this... wish I could speed up time as I am waiting on the MCG-Pro with bated breath myself.

Yea, kinda sucks... but it will be worth it for the quality. Hopefully my X-55 holds out until then.

Its not too expensive, a bit costly but nothing wallet devastating :)

I guess it will be around 200 eurobucks for us eu customers. :helpsmilie:

These were the latest pricing infos I was given. So there could be still some adjustments as production gets closer to completion - please keep that in mind.

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sorry about this... wish I could speed up time as I am waiting on the MCG-Pro with bated breath myself.

These were the latest pricing infos I was given. So there could be still some adjustments as production gets closer to completion - please keep that in mind.

Oh, don't get me wrong... price isn't the concern here at all, for the quality we get the last thing I would complain about is price. It's more so the delay that sucks. :)

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Another quick question, are TM grips plug-and-play compatible with the Gunfighter Pro bases or are modifications required? Apologies if this has been answered before

They are not. You need to install a pcb (an additional purchase) into your Warthog handle for it to work with the base.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Another quick question, are TM grips plug-and-play compatible with the Gunfighter Pro bases or are modifications required? Apologies if this has been answered before

tintifaxl is right - it's called TM Warthog Adapter for Gunfighter - see here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-tm-warthog-adapter-for-gunfighter

Here's a quick primer in PDF format if you want to tackle this: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=tm-warthog-adapter-for-gunfighter

Once you have the adapter in, you need to attach the grip to the base, and load the TM Warthog profile into the Gunfighter's BlackBox for the buttons to work via VKBdevCfg - done.

The next step is to assign all the buttons in DCS again.

Edited by rrohde

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Oh, don't get me wrong... price isn't the concern here at all, for the quality we get the last thing I would complain about is price. It's more so the delay that sucks. :)

Agreed. Waiting is the hardest part.

I get these teasers of new stuff in the pipeline and that's even worse... I know that stuff is being developed and I don't have it yet and I am not allowed to share what I saw (looking at you, M-TCS "Modern Throttle Control System").

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If you share stuff with us I promise no one else will find out :D

It seems like VKB is being pretty straight forward with releasing info. Delays happen, redesigns happen, and its not like they are taking pre-orders and pushing and pushing delivery dates.

Agreed. Waiting is the hardest part.

I get these teasers of new stuff in the pipeline and that's even worse... I know that stuff is being developed and I don't have it yet and I am not allowed to share what I saw (looking at you, M-TCS "Modern Throttle Control System").

Yea, I would almost rather NOT see it, much like the hornet the hype can be a little hard to contain. :D

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

What will be the height of MCG comparing with Warthog grip? I'm currently tweaking mounting for Gunfighter to fit it under my deck and need to know how high I can put it.

I haven't gotten those measurements yet. I can ask if VKB HQ has them on hand.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

h82JPAv.jpg

The hardest part of it is keeping a modest face.

Suppressing emotions becomes nearly impossible when the molds for metal parts are already sent to the factory.

MCG grip embodies all our expertise and experience. Add to this our passion for gaming, and our ardour, and the drive of risk, speed, and flying in the air.

Later we will tell you about the engineering solutions we implemented in this design. Later you will see its laconic beauty.

But for now...

Coming week will be crazy. We're going to test (and hopefully accept) the molds for the plastic parts.

Stay tuned. There will be news.

HIUY9UF.jpg

Yours,

VKB-Sim Team.

Edited by UIV

Jeez, these sticks are the best ive seen in years

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Looking great - Can't wait for a MCG Pro!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

According to VKB HQ, there will be plenty of supply for the worldwide release of the MCG. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com