Training Missions for the JF-17

Rudel_chw

Can't access ... says I need permission :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hmm, strange. Test here : https://gofile.io/d/Wdu2ko

Yes, now I got the file. Gave it a first view and it seems to me that when the mission tells you to start the engine, you don't unlock the IDLE STOP lock of the Throttle, so even if you do press the ENGINE START button, the engine doesn't really start and the Mission's triggers dont realize that the engine never started.

This was the first mission of this kind that I made, and it shows :doh: .. while I could catch most switch flippings, there were many events that I didn't knew at the time how to detect .. that's why there are so many "Press spacebar to continue" .. those are at events that I couldnt catch.

Let me take a harder look onto the mission triggers and I will get back here tomorrow :thumbup:

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Haa okay. So I have dl your latest version (1.1) and the 1st mission is "broken", at the beginning, the game propose me to click on the middle mfd, and few seconds later, he roleback to the true beginning.

Hello,

Today I uploaded a new version of this package, with M01 and M11 updated to correct issues reported by the users. Please download the file again and replace the older versions, hopefullly it should work fine now.

Best regards,

Eduardo

I have at the moment fixed all the bugs, except the Mission 7 .. I found a bug with the Optical Pod Laser Search feature, that I have not been able to fix :(

I don't want to delay this fix anylonger, so I finally chose to drop the M07 mission and update the package.

I reported the issue of M07 on the Bugs section (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274745) and if Deka fixes it I will reinstate M07.

Hello All,

Turns out that rather than a Bug, my LSS issue was caused by a functional change introduced by DEKA to separate the Guidance Laser Code from the LSS Code. Once I understood the changes this needed on the LSS procedure, I was able to fix the Mission 07.

I've just uploaded the updated file to the Users Files Server.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your hard work. These tutorials are top-notch !

Thanks for your kind words :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

These tutorials are unbelievable effective. Clear and straight to the point. Important things are repeated, background information in the briefing. Superb!

Thank you very much for your work.

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

These tutorials are unbelievable effective. Clear and straight to the point. Important things are repeated, background information in the briefing. Superb!

Thank you very much for your work.

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words :thumbup:

Hello All,

Turns out that rather than a Bug, my LSS issue was caused by a functional change introduced by DEKA to separate the Guidance Laser Code from the LSS Code. Once I understood the changes this needed on the LSS procedure, I was able to fix the Mission 07.

I've just uploaded the updated file to the Users Files Server.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Dear Eduardo,

Mission 7 seems bugged at the point where I slave the tgp to waypoint 3 via rocker switch. The narrator just does not continue and the items (wp button, rocker switch) just keep being highlighted.. can you reproduce it?

Kind regards

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

Dear Eduardo,

Mission 7 seems bugged at the point where I slave the tgp to waypoint 3 via rocker switch. The narrator just does not continue and the items (wp button, rocker switch) just keep being highlighted.. can you reproduce it?

Kind regards

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this, I will check it tomorrow and report back.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Hello,

Yes, I could reproduce it .. it occurs because Deka changed yet again the name of an indicator, that I used to check the contents of the UFCP first line, this one:

-----------------------------------------\
UFCP_base\
\
-----------------------------------------\
txt_win1r\
FP-A  03\
children are {\
}\

The name of the indicator used to be "txt_win1" ... but on the new version of DCS it's now called "txt_win1r".

I updated the mission to use this new name, please you will have to download it again (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309782/) .. this is an inconvenience of having the missions published as a Set: I updated just mission M07, but you will have to download the whole set again ... sorry about that.

Best regards,

Eduardo

There’s nothing to be sorry about when fixing stuff you didn’t break. You are doing the lords work. All hail to king Eduardo !!

Three more bugs I encountered:

- at the end of the tgp Mission, when selecting the creating markpoint as waypoint the narrator stops.

- in the anti ship Mission the missile with the tp further away from the island does not steer right at the tp, so it does not hit the ship

- in the countermeasure Mission the f18 is supposed to go from yellow (searching) to red (tracking). However it directly goes from yellow to blinking (firing) and the mission does not continue, even pressing space.

Sorry to bother you ;)

Edited by scheffchen
This and that

Hi ! Im mission M11 - Defensive Systems, when F-18 spawn, he launch the missile Aim-120B in TWS mode and dont trigger next event.

Last Open Beta.

Thanks alot for the training missions !!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the report, will take a look and fix it. :thumbup:

Eduardo, it's amazing how fast you solve the problems and Bugs that ED introduces in each OB. Razbam and other developers should learn from you. Congratulations.

Thanks Edgardo, it’s easy to be more present, as the current epidemic forces on us a lot of free time because Of the quarantine :cry:

A big hug for you :)

Awesome job as Im still trying to fill the blanks as there is zero supporting documentation or official tutorials. Only a couple of issues that were solved by restarting the mission, caused by me clicking a switch before it was asked etc. The only mission that doesn’t work well for me is M01 cold start, it starts talking about something else and with 3-4 yellow squares around center display and hud/fcp that have nothing to do as the aircraft is unpowered. Regardless, damn fine job! I completed my first successful mission hunting a sa11 and downing two mig 29 with adrenaline kicking hard as i tried to press the correct switches.

...The only mission that doesn’t work well for me is M01 cold start, it starts talking about something else and with 3-4 yellow squares around center display and hud/fcp that have nothing to do as the aircraft is unpowered.

Please .. take a screenshot when the issue appears and then I will take a look at it .. it is a rather long sequence and I'm not sure what could be the problem on your case. Best regards.

Hi ! Im mission M11 - Defensive Systems, when F-18 spawn, he launch the missile Aim-120B in TWS mode and dont trigger next event.

Hello,

Today I was able to take a look into this issue. Funny how on the forum you can read all type of complaints about how bad is the enemy AI and how ED takes ages to fix it .... well, back when I first edited this mission, the AI F-18 never used TWS to attack, so my mission’s triggers are waiting for the STT rwr signal.

Seems that ED made the hornet AI more sneaky and now they do use TWS to attack you .. :cry:

I don’t want to modify the mission too much, so I will look For a workaround .. probably use a Sparrow instead of an Amraam .. anyway, it is not a quick fix as I need to test it, but I hope to have it fixed by Monday. :thumbup:

Best regards

Hello,

Today I was able to take a look into this issue. Funny how on the forum you can read all type of complaints about how bad is the enemy AI and how ED takes ages to fix it .... well, back when I first edited this mission, the AI F-18 never used TWS to attack, so my mission’s triggers are waiting for the STT rwr signal.

Seems that ED made the hornet AI more sneaky and now they do use TWS to attack you .. :cry:

I don’t want to modify the mission too much, so I will look For a workaround .. probably use a Sparrow instead of an Amraam .. anyway, it is not a quick fix as I need to test it, but I hope to have it fixed by Monday. :thumbup:

Best regards

I had replaced aim-120B with Sparrow, but I would have to modify the triggers to work and I don't know how to adjust the part where it detects the information in the rwr. I never understood the part where it marks the underlined buttons that you have to click. I don't know where to get the ID codes to put these triggers on.

Is there no trigger to make Ai attack only in STT?

... I don't know how to adjust the part where it detects the information in the rwr. I never understood the part where it marks the underlined buttons that you have to click. I don't know where to get the ID codes to put these triggers on.

The triggers are explained on the new DCS manual 2020 (on the /doc folder of dcs), starting on page 149

The codes for each aircraft are on a lua file, stored on the path Mods\aircraft\Aircraft Name\Cockpit\Scripts\clickabledata.lua

:thumbup: