Operating the Radar

Jonny

I've got 2 questions regarding radar operations:

When in TWS mode with both L&S and DT2 designated, pressing the Undesignate button switches between L&S and DT2 back and fourth.

How can I undesignated the DT2 in order to have just the L&S designated?

(Doing this will allow me to cycle the L&S between all 10 track files using the undesignated button).

How can one exit ACM modes back to BVR modes?

To your 2nd question, you can push OSB 7 (ACM appears selected) on radar page or push A/A button to disable it, it will revert to BVR mode

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

To your 2nd question, you can push OSB 7 (ACM appears selected) on radar page or push A/A button to disable it, it will revert to BVR mode

While this works, it is more of a workaround. The actual way to do this is to hit the NWS/Undesignate button as fridgedigga said.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
But if I'm in ACM mode and press undesignated it undesignated the target but stays in ACM mode...

I want to change the scan of the radar to a wide scan to search for other targets.

Yes. With a target track pressing Undesignate will drop the track and re-enter ACM. A second press of Undesignate will exit ACM mode.

I've got 2 questions regarding radar operations:

When in TWS mode with both L&S and DT2 designated, pressing the Undesignate button switches between L&S and DT2 back and fourth.

(Doing this will allow me to cycle the L&S between all 10 track files using the undesignated button).

Anyone has an answer to this one? I've been wondering for a while as well

You can break this with the TDC Depress button. Either TDC Depress over your DT2 to make them L&S or Depress twice over an undesignated track file to make them DT2 and then L&S. Either way you'll end up with the target you designated as your L&S and will remove the DT2 designation entirely.

Does pressing RSET (OSB13 iirc) work in TWS too?

Yup. The Reset button will drop all track files and tell the radar to start over. It will erase your L&S and DT2, making it basically the nuclear option here.

Edited by Bunny Clark