PRE-PURCHASE DCS: L-39 ALBATROS Discussion Thread

That makes sense , don't really know much about the 21's navigation systems... but how will that work in NTTR then?

Anyway i guess i'll find out when the module releases

If they are being realistic, it won't work. Even if VOR and VORTAC channels were programmed into the RSBB, I do not think it will work, so NTTR may be a VFR deal for the comblock birds, unless they add fictional Russian navigation systems to simulate what would be in place to host a foreign military training?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already bought the L39 module but I'd like to ask one thing. When the campaign will be developed, whatever form it's going to be (training or combat), please make the voice overs in English. Or perhaps create 2 voice over localizations if you still want "authentic" voice overs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

so what arsenal will we have with the C or ZA version? I hope to have an IP who can teach me how to dogfight. So will 1.5.0 engine feature the dual cockpit or is it deferred to 2.0? I get the message that this is a snack meanwhile 2.0 comes out of the oven, but really you guys should have implemented this since huey release. I'm going to buy it in the coming days as a gesture of faith in ED's ability to deliver multicockpit. But please, indulge me: what weapons will we have onboard? Does it have CCIP as the hog? How about those SP-5 Nuclear Torpedoes? :D

you know what would be REALLY cool? having Pierce Brosnan as the IP voice in the training missions to be included with the package. :D XD

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• ED Team
but really you guys should have implemented this since huey release.

If they could have I am sure they would have, remember the Huey is BST, they mayb have been waiting on some hurdles to be cleared by ED. 1.5/2.0 gives them more resources to work with, and room to grow. MP cockpit probably wont be ready for primetime on initial release of the L-39C, but both cockpits will be functional from what I understand.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I understand. So what weapons will we have in C?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

A variety of 1970's Soviet weapons including bombs, rockets and IR missiles. It could also carry drop tanks. In terms of what precisely, I don't have a full list in front of me but I know it includes S-5's (UB-16), R-3's, and FAB-100.

Edit: Found an L-39 brochure http://www.l39.com/sites/all/docs/files/leporeloL39.pdf

Edited by King_Hrothgar

thanks, Hrothgar. Yes I checked l39.com but maybe ED model Mk-82 for bombs (FAB-100 only as bomb?)

Hi, I've noticed that the DCS L39C has the accelerometer in a weird position, very hard to read in the cockpit. Just underneath the landing gear handle.

DCSL39_Cockpit.jpg

The L39C manual places it in a different position much easier to read. Next to the warning lights and easier to use for aerobatics.

L39_C_Cockpit.png

And checking through the internet I've seen it in the same position in real L-39C cockpits.

L39b.jpg

L39_accelerometer.jpg

Is there any reason why you guys have place it down there?

Thanks for your good work!

Nice find boquinauer but probably answer is a little bit complicated. I did also a little bit of research.

L-39_pred_kabina_kresba.jpg

That two pictures from real life you have posted well it seems like some avionic upgrade to me and they do not look like original L-39C cockpit but i agree a i found some pictures like you so i am not sure which of these are revelent to original position of this gadget.

And this picture is from an airbase from my city. They have stationed seven Aero L-39C and they were built in 1999-2000

l39_kokpit_7.jpg

Edited by Mobius_cz
adding second picture

Hi, I've noticed that the DCS L39C has the accelerometer in a weird position, very hard to read in the cockpit. Just underneath the landing gear handle.

I really hope ED will change that, as it's important to have the G-meter easily visible, especially in an military training aircraft.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I really hope ED will change that, as it's important to have the G-meter easily visible, especially in an military training aircraft.

Why would they change it if it is the configuration their reference aircraft uses?

Take a look at L-39ZA cockpits, some have it in the low position and others don't seem to have an accelerometer at all.

Why would they change it if it is the configuration their reference aircraft uses?Take a look at L-39ZA cockpits, some have it in the low position and others don't seem to have an accelerometer at all.

Are they not doing the L-39C ? Coz allot of them have it in the upper left corner, in this config it makes life easier for us!

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

SFM? Gross! Don't worry, it even says that it's PFM in the features list:

- Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary trainer

And +1 for accelerometer relocation, although I doubt they'll change that now.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

SFM? Gross! Don't worry, it even says that it's PFM in the features list:

- Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary trainer

And +1 for accelerometer relocation, although I doubt they'll change that now.

Yeah i know it says so in the feature list , just want to make sure if it's going to be there at launch or not

Edited by McBlemmen

Sorry my english.

I want to ask the L-39 contain or will be later contain a wery detailed trainings like real pilot training.

I like interactive trainings what now include dcs, but i thigs those training is very superficial, and i want more realistic trainings.

This is a probably a must buy module for anyone interested in getting into Soviet military aircraft. The simplicity of the avionics package is hard to beat, but what's even better is that in nearly every single Soviet military jet you will find basic avionics systems that closely match the ones used in this aircraft making the transition to another jet like the Mig21, the Mig29 and the Su27 very easy.

Does anyone know what kind of pilot assists or RCS are featured in the Albatross? Is it like the Su27, or is it more straightforward like the Mig21?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.