arduino and potentiometer.

BULLITT83

which potentiometer did you use on your arduino . actully i try 10 Ko potentiometer to simulate my tacan course selection and it is " too fast " .... how do "slow down" the pointer ?

same with rotary encoder , how to tune the sensivity of this switch , i made almost 180° at each step ? ...

please help

Potentiometers are only suitable for controlling things like volume or brightness types of controls. But 10k is a good selection for a pot. For items like channel selectors, course and heading knobs(HSI), altimeter pressure and even volume controls, I use a rotary encoder.

To control how large a step the rotary encoder makes is done by adjusting the code as follows:

This is the basic rotary encoder code from the control reference docs for course knob on the HSI:

DcsBios::RotaryEncoder hsiCrsKnob("HSI_CRS_KNOB", "-3200", "+3200", PIN_A, PIN_B);

To adjust the size of the step, you change the -3200 and the +3200 to, lets say -1000 and +1000, or -2000 and +2000. Experiment with these setting and see what works best for whatever you are wanting to control.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Warhog, thanks a lot for your answer ,

i'll try this .

may i ve anothger question : i build a sweep wing lever with a 10Ko Pot . but mechanicaly i can "move " the lever only on 90° ... so i don't have the full movement of the in game lever .... it works with my pot outside of my pit with his normal 270° movment.

How to have full in game lever travel with only 90° of real potentiometer movement ? increase or decrease potentiometer value may be a solution ? isn't it ?

regards

guillaume

You should post your full code otherwise its hard to tell what may be causing this. Also, this may be better served by using a rotary encoder. Regardless, lets see your code and maybe we can fix this.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Hi, I've added extra functionality to the Potentiometer function, it'll help you here. I can give you my header file if you like?

First ...i was happy of my simpit since i click on your FLICKR link ... amazing job is your sim pit !!!

next here is my code , very basic

DcsBios::Potentiometer pltEmergWingSweepltLever("PLT_EMERG_WING_SWEEPLT_LEVER", A0);

That's great to hear, glad it worked out! There's polling function in there too, so if you want the current position sent to the sim on startup take a look at my other thread, or I can help you here.

cheers

John

Blue it works perfectly with your code !!!! thats great ! i managed to tune my axis perfectly ! without changing potentiometer value !

great

THANKS A LOT