Suspicious email from DCS World?

agathorn

I received an mail today from DCS world that raised flags in my head. As far as I can tel it did come from DCS world, unless the address was spoofed, but it had just a title, no text in the body, and an invisible image in the body.

Subject: Interesting offer here

Body: No text, but an invisible image

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

I can provide the raw email content if requested, but all the body contains is what appears to be a tracking image from:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/bitrix/tools/track_mail_read.php?tag=sender.eyJSRUNJUElFTlRfSUQiOiIxNzU5NzI4NyJ9

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

Unfortunately since I have DCS setup as "trusted" in GMail, the tracking image was automatically loaded.

I may have to rethink that setting now :(

well what is we went into the email will we be hacked? I did not click anything in the email just looked inside to see the message?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

well what is we went into the email will we be hacked? I did not click anything in the email just looked inside to see the message?

I didn't see anything outright malicious in the email body. Just the tracking image which at worst just lets someone know you saw it.

I'm more concerned with WHY this email got sent as it could **potentially** mean ED has been compromised in some way.

It was just the template message, you're all good

Can I ask where you heard that from? I had looked over the recent posts and didn't see anything about this.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thank you. I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Honestly when something like that happens they should send out a second email explaining it so that everyone sees it. In today's environment people are understandably paranoid.

• ED Team

Hi all,

apologies for the blank mail, we had a small hiccup with the automation.

Thanks for letting us know.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2