Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

What exactly do you expect from WMR 2.0?

I imagine it would be an iterative improvement like Oculus did. Better resolution support w/o SS. Better reprojection algorithms. But mostly supporting higher resolution natively.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

From the discussion on the podcast the improvements for a WMR 2.0 were at least more tracking cameras (like the Rift S) and better controllers.

Has anyone heard any word on the WMR update to fix the resolution limiting bug from the 1903 update?

I imagine it would be an iterative improvement like Oculus did. Better resolution support w/o SS. Better reprojection algorithms. But mostly supporting higher resolution natively.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Hi everyone guys! Good luck and health! That is the question. Interested in VR gloves https://www.captoglove.com/product-category/consumers/. Two gloves of course "bite", but one can be bought. Just think which is right or left? Right more when you start in the cockpit, in flight is not very convenient .. The left apparently suits more, because in flight it is more, so to speak, free than the right .. Your opinion? Thanks in advance.

Left . In addition to the reason you stated , more combat and flight-related controls are on the left in many aircraft . HOWEVER , Captoglove is as yet not practical to use in DCS .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Left . In addition to the reason you stated , more combat and flight-related controls are on the left in many aircraft . HOWEVER , Captoglove is as yet not practical to use in DCS .
Thank you friend !:thumbup: I will not buy yet. :huh: Something is not clear ... I wrote them a letter, there is no answer. The site has little information. Instruction can be obtained only if you buy this product ...:no_sad:

СПРОСИТЬ-СТЫДНО НА МИНУТУ. А НЕ ЗНАТЬ-СТЫД НА ВСЮ ЖИЗНЬ ( японская мудрость) ВК: https://vk.com/id70538244 FB:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001835295531

Cooler Master Storm Trooper; ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula; Intel Core i7-4790K; Memory 16 Gb (2x8Gb) RAM; SSD 256 Gb; HDD 1 Tb; ASUS nVidia GF RTX 2080,ROG-STRIX O8G GAMING,; W10x64pro; BRD-N(v.4,5) Stork + HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttles + BRD-F2 Restyling Ме-109; MFD Cougar Pack; TrackiR 5; BENQBL3200PT;HMD Odissey+;

From the discussion on the podcast the improvements for a WMR 2.0 were at least more tracking cameras (like the Rift S) and better controllers.

Has anyone heard any word on the WMR update to fix the resolution limiting bug from the 1903 update?

What is resolution limiting bug?

What is resolution limiting bug?
I read in steam vr forum there is a "rendertarget scale" bug in windows which introduces some blurriness as the scale is not rendered correctly.

I got hint somewhere Microsoft is supposed to rolled out the July monthly patch for windows 9th of July which should address this bug.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I read in steam vr forum there is a "rendertarget scale" bug in windows which introduces some blurriness as the scale is not rendered correctly.

I got hint somewhere Microsoft is supposed to rolled out the July monthly patch for windows 9th of July which should address this bug.

Was released yesterday.:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Was released yesterday.
Nice.

Any idea if the bug was addressed? I am reading through the windows July patch now.

Thank for the info Strikeeagle.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The update looks good from Microsoft and Steam for WMR

Just update and trying this out to see if any changes.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/719950/announcements/detail/1595879210221352290

Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta has been updated to 1.0.517. This build contains the following changes:

Update to use new scaling capabilities in Windows 1903 on machines with KB4507453 installed

DX12 motion estimation on Windows 1903 machines for faster motion vector generation by lowering CPU cost and improving overlap of GPU work

Improve scaling capability for HP Reverb

Additional performance improvements for motion reprojection

Fix performance and quality issues related to controller input and haptics

We will monitor to ensure the blurriness issues that were reported are fixed for users who have both the patch installed from Windows Update and the WMR for SteamVR beta installed.

• ED Team

Latest windows mixed reality update in steam has given me a boost in performance, anyone else seeing the same?

Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta has been updated to version 1.0.545. This build contains the following changes:

Numerous improvements to performance, including DX12 motion reprojection based improvements for Windows 1809 and later

New motion reprojection auto switching logic

Improve presentation of the motion reprojection indicator, including positioning, color, and stability

Much smoother for me. and higher frames, usually instant action free flight hornet 45fps, with the update 50fps and much smoother to 90fps when at sea and at altitude

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I did notice a lot of improvements on the smoothness of things and less glitches.

Fps has definitely increased for me at the start in-game with 45fps but dwindles to down to 28—30fps when stay longer in-game.

I am putting the drawback on my low GPU and cpu as they their capacity are maxed out (90-98% usage) .

Generally, there has been remarkable upgrade with the windows /steam update.

• ED Team

Another beta WMR Steam VR update

Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR Beta has been updated to version 1.0.572. This build contains the following changes:

Improvements to GPU frame time and GPU memory utilization

Improve the motion vector “auto” thresholds based on user feedback

Remove the renderTargetScale setting. On Windows 1903 and later, app buffers are dynamically sized based on what the running app needs. On Windows 1809 and earlier, the maximum value possible on those operating systems is used.

Motion reprojection indicator display bug fix for applications that used aspect ratios different than the HMD

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone having constant 15-5 errors the past couple of days? Everything was fine three days ago, then went to hell yesterday and today.

-Put on HMD, 15-5 error.

-Run DCS anyway, head tracking is working but no display in the headset

-Restart Windows Explorer

-HMD works fine

So I fly, then put it away for an hour or two. Come back, 15-5 error again. Restart Windows Explorer, HMD works again, I fly.

Put away for an hour, go to fly a third time in the day, the whole process repeats itself.

Hi, yep. I don’t know the number of the error but today, for the first time, my reverb picture turned black after five minutes in the pit. That has never happened before. The hmd wasn’t even warm. Dcs continued on the monitor at 7fps for 30 sec before it also shut down.

There has been a 1903 windows update lately and also, as far as I know, some steam VR updates.

Apparently the 15-5 error, or "your headset is asleep" but you can't wake it up error, was caused by a glitch in the recent Win10 update....quite a few others have it as well.

I bloody hate these force-fed updates that keep breaking things.

After reading a lot about the tracking MR headsets do, I decided to try using a clip mount desk lap upside down under my desk, and it has made a huge difference in tracking when looking down. I used to have an issue whenever I looked at the left or right side consoles of the Tomcat, as the tracking would drift and would snap back after I looked up. Now I haven't had any tracking issues since I added under desk lighting. Thought I would pass this along to anyone who may also be having similar issues.

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

After reading a lot about the tracking MR headsets do, I decided to try using a clip mount desk lap upside down under my desk, and it has made a huge difference in tracking when looking down. I used to have an issue whenever I looked at the left or right side consoles of the Tomcat, as the tracking would drift and would snap back after I looked up. Now I haven't had any tracking issues since I added under desk lighting. Thought I would pass this along to anyone who may also be having similar issues.

Did you mean to say clip mounted desk lamp?

I’m thinking of doing something similar. My head tracking is rubbish in the Reverb.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.