Best version of the JetSeat?

I have noticed that there are different versions of the JetSeat and that they have different number of motors. Now it seems only one of the versions are visible on the store though (?) and it has 6 motors.

I wonder what the best version of the JetSeat is though? I assume more motors are better? And if anyone know if the other versions will come in to stock?

• 2 weeks later...

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I've had the 6 motor version for 6 years and it works great no issues.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Are these worth the investment? I was looking at the chair with the moving back and seat panels as well as the seat belt that tightened. They were kind of expensive but looked very immersions helpful. Can’t seem to find any for sale though.

How loud are these pads?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Are these worth the investment? I was looking at the chair with the moving back and seat panels as well as the seat belt that tightened. They were kind of expensive but looked very immersions helpful. Can’t seem to find any for sale though.

How loud are these pads?

absolutely, what's the price for those seats, $3000?

seats panels are around $200

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

The pads vibrate. I built a wooden frame modeled after the Martin-Baker seat used in the F-4 Phantom and have the fiberglass survival kit with seat pad from a real seat. The combination of a hollow fiberglass box sitting in a wood frame is practically an amplifier for sound, but the Simulator Edition pad that I have pretty much just makes a low hum, though it gets more pronounced as more motors run at higher output levels. Someone in the room will definitely hear it, but someone outside the room, like my sleeping wife, has never complained. I usually have a fan on a stand blowing across my computers, and the fan is much louder than the vibrating pad.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forcefeel makes sounds but it´s not annoying as to be mandatory playing with a headset.

For spike effects like afterburner or touchdown, yes they are noticeable but short lived.

I don´t think noise is an issue for seat pads, buttkickers are different and depend on how they attached to seat/frame/whatever and isolation of the cockpit.

Hi,

I have both versions. The first one 608 is pretty good and is much longer than the combat version. This 608 fits pretty well in the chair from the top of back rest down to the seat end.

I just started to use last week the Combat version which is green and much more compact.

Same effectiveness and produces the same effect. I think the combat one is much more “fancy” and looks more “combat” to me. I like the green color and how it fits the chair. Basically it fits from the middle of the back rest all the way down to the entire seat.

First of all, both models worth the investment and I strongly recommend them both. Get the combat version if you can.

Ergonomics: What I noticed is that with time I started to develop a kind of “Tail bone pain” and that the motors in the seats contributed to it (besides other factors like getting old - 50 yo now). Just four days ago I added a gel cushion and the pain went away and got much more comfortable with the same feelings and effect.

My next step is to get a “sheep skin mat” to cover the seat. Although not used in combat planes, I love the ones I have available in commercial or business jets. That will help endurance to stay seated for longer times.

So, this is my impression so far. Again, I vouch for both seats! Andre’s shop is amazing and he’s very helpful.

All the best and good luck,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Hi,

I have both versions. The first one 608 is pretty good and is much longer than the combat version. This 608 fits pretty well in the chair from the top of back rest down to the seat end.

I just started to use last week the Combat version which is green and much more compact.

Same effectiveness and produces the same effect. I think the combat one is much more “fancy” and looks more “combat” to me. I like the green color and how it fits the chair. Basically it fits from the middle of the back rest all the way down to the entire seat.

First of all, both models worth the investment and I strongly recommend them both. Get the combat version if you can.

Sydy

I don’t see a combat version listed on Andre’s website, a google search gets me to the 908 model. Looking at all products the only shows me the 901 model so I am confused.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

I don’t see a combat version listed on Andre’s website, a google search gets me to the 908 model. Looking at all products the only shows me the 901 model so I am confused.

Not sure if this is the one he means, but it's not listed on the site and the one with 8 motors:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4000824&postcount=2433

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

I sometimes fire up DCS and forget to start the JetSeat. Sims without jetseat are meh. Just taxing and feeling the thud as the tyres roll over the concrete expansion joints it worth money on its own. Jettisoning the payload feels incredible too. And then there’s burrrrrrrrt.

Get one and be amazed. Of course I wouldn’t bother with any of this without VR.

Not sure if this is the one he means, but it's not listed on the site and the one with 8 motors:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4000824&postcount=2433

Thanks for the link, I also need to find a good gaming chair and I have looked at many. I fly in VR, I about to install my Foxx mounts to my table. I currently use the same desk as I use for work throughout the day, it has arm rests but I think they might be in the way when using the Foxx mount for throttle. Secondly I don’t want to take the seat on and off every time. My son has the next level racing setup for driving, I looked at their seat and it is expensive. Just curious what people use, I see car seats being used.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Thanks for the link, I also need to find a good gaming chair and I have looked at many. I fly in VR, I about to install my Foxx mounts to my table. I currently use the same desk as I use for work throughout the day, it has arm rests but I think they might be in the way when using the Foxx mount for throttle. Secondly I don’t want to take the seat on and off every time. My son has the next level racing setup for driving, I looked at their seat and it is expensive. Just curious what people use, I see car seats being used.

What’s your budget?

What’s your budget?

Good question, it depends on what the seat delivers in options, but I think $250 -$500 and it the one that works the best for me is $600 then that is fine too.

• 3 months later...