How many modules can you fly without

Marcq

L-39 , F-18 . Not crazy about props but gonna get the Yak next for grins . Have FC3 but haven't flown it in last two years .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Well as I am definitely a collector I own all modules :)

Besides that I fly 2 or 3 of the regularly which change from time to time... At the Moment I gove the Mustang, The F-18 and the Mirage a go :)

When F-14 comes out this will definitely change. Flying this Jet with a buddy must be an extraordinary experience.

So I change Modules from time to time to be flown actively and reworking myself into the routines is fairly uncomplicated as the routines are just to be revoked.

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

I own and fly all the modules. My HOTAS is setup so that they are all @90% the same across the board...

I fly DCS and XP. I try to set the controls up as close as possible for all of the planes. But my 'all' is only 4 planes. I started here last early winter and when the sale was on I thought it would be really neat to fly the A10C so grabbed it. Flying the plane is no problem. not hard to get flaps and gear up and down. Find the stall speed and add 20 knots to it works OK. but then I tried to fire the gun. Got it firing and real quick ran out of ammo. tried to fire a rocket and never got one off. Did one of the tutorials especially about the 3 main screens. So far above my head so decided to go back to try simpler WWII planes. Crap, can't even get the Spitfire off the ground. The included P51 was a lot better and I bought the P51D when I found out the free version had no armament. So yeah, this is a LOT harder than I expected but still fun. I can fly the P51D reasonably well, even if I have never won a quick action dog fight.

The question is what do you mean with 'correctly'?

• know, where all the switches are and how the systems work to get some kills in a combat area? To hit with weapons and bombs?
  • Just to stay airborne?
  • To know real life procedures, for example exact approach procedures, correct Case III altitudes and speeds for the stack and so on?
  • Emergency procedures? According to the checklists. The red pages for the Hornet?

Personally, for most aircraft i have, only point 1 and 2 are true. Emergency procedures i almost never learned...In most cases i would not make it home safely. Real life procedures i don't know for any of them, not yet tried case III.

I flew 5 modules last Blue Flag, albeit not with great pvp results. I own everything except the Yak and CE. I have no problems with Hornet, Harrier, Mirage, Huey, F-5E, Me109 (Hawk - deceased). I don't think I've ever hit anything with a bomb in the F-5 though.

I'll probably get these started and landed with some hesitation but not be able to fight with; Viggen, A-10C, C-101, Mig-21, Spit, FW190 and Gazelle.

The FC3 ones and the remainder probably aren't bound any more and I definitely cannot recall how to startup the Mig15, Sabre, L-39, P-51, Mi8 and Blackshark. At various times over the years I was very proficient with the Ka50 but now I begin to understand how fighter pilots can't remember stuff, it all joins into a meaningless haze. However starting up so many aircraft does help you start a new one (or an old one), they all speak the same language mostly.

I have a few problems with swapping keybinds. The Harrier is affected by it mostly. I keep hitting the AP disconnect from the Hornet and resetting my TGP which took 10 mins to find a dot. The other one I need to get round to is the CM dispensing which is reversed on the WH thumb (A-10 CM's) Same with F-5, that button has completely different meaning and sometimes i'm opening the kneeboard instead of flaring.

I'm a big fan of "variety is the spice of life", and my career path and choice in companions is the same mess. But I'd rather experience them all than knuckle down. However, It's my hobby and I get 20-30hrs stick time every week, so I do have the time to be comfortable flying many airframes and wouldn't change it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

huey.mi8, spit n stang at the moment and a bit of 10c, if I keep playing them all the time even a bit I don't forget any of them, inc the other modules I have, I think it helps to play a module for hours n hours till your good, then it seems to be ingrained in your head, so next time you fly its just a little refresher course and good to go