F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the module isn't anywhere to be ready, neither for an early access, so It'll be the last available day (end of March), only because they "cannot" move the date further at this point. So not the optimal conditions... but not releasing it after the "100% promise" would cause even more troubles.

IMO the module isn't anywhere to be ready, neither for an early access, so It'll be the last available day (end of March), only because they "cannot" move the date further at this point. So not the optimal conditions... but not releasing it after the "100% promise" would cause even more troubles.

*If* it’s not ready to Cobra’s satisfaction, I think his artistic pride will have to briefly take a back seat and they’ll go with what they’ve got, provided basic functionality is there.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

+2. HB is obviously not even close to release given the lack of content and recent updates. Anyone who thinks that it is close delusional. Think back to the F/A18 and how much content was being dropped a month or so before release.

And yet the F18 is STILL missing more functionality than the F14 will be released with at EA launch.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Ok the other hand there are quite a lot things the Hornet can do the Tomcat isn‘t able to perform, so there‘s not much of a point in saying the one misses more functionality than the other imho, even if they are not yet implemented.

vCVW-17 / VF-74

Ok the other hand there are quite a lot things the Hornet can do the Tomcat isn‘t able to perform, so there‘s not much of a point in saying the one misses more functionality than the other imho, even if they are not yet implemented.

There is when people keep claiming that's the reason why the Tomcat is nowhere close to being released, despite repeated comments from Cobra and Heatblur (and videos) to the contrary.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

And yet the F18 is STILL missing more functionality than the F14 will be released with at EA launch.

Oh? What are the differences? ED has been rolling them out as they are completed. They have not gone dark. Also, the plans have not changed 13 times since the expected release.

1. We will include a map for the Tomcat (no map)

2. It will be ready in 2017. (no tomcat)

3. It will ship as a ready product ("there may be bugs at launch")

4. The tomcat will include campaigns (the campaigns will not be ready for early access)

Sorry if I missed some of the changes. We all will be happy when it is released, but please do not slight ED for being open with communication throughout the development process.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Oh? What are the differences? ED has been rolling them out as they are completed. They have not gone dark. Also, the plans have not changed 13 times since the expected release.

1. We will include a map for the Tomcat (no map)

2. It will be ready in 2017. (no tomcat)

4. The tomcat will include campaigns (the campaigns will not be ready for early access)

Sorry if I missed some of the changes. We all will be happy when it is released, but please do not slight ED for being open with communication throughout the development process.

I tend to avoid jumping into stuff like this;

We've said major feature complete.

It's still early access, things will still be missing, and there will always be bugs. Even if we spent another 5 years polishing.

Apologies if you misunderstood what we meant. We try to be as straightforward as possible to avoid disappointment.

We never said they'll be available on day 0 of EA. The Tomcat will include two campaigns.

We've definitely not "gone dark". We've released (ourselves and through our partners) 3+ hours of footage in the last couple of months.

..This thread turned out to be decidedly less fun than I had hoped. :D

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Well, I also tend not to jump into stuff like this either, but someone was being critical of ED for the missing features of the Hornet. There is no comparing it to a 5 year announced project with new features and updates being released every two weeks.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I tend to avoid jumping into stuff like this;

We've said major feature complete.

It's still early access, things will still be missing, and there will always be bugs. Even if we spent another 5 years polishing.

Apologies if you misunderstood what we meant.

We never said they'll be available on day 0 of EA.

The Tomcat will include campaigns. Two of them.

And quite frankly, we've definitely not "gone dark".

We've released (ourselves and through our partners) 3+ hours of footage in the last couple of months.

..This thread turned out to be decidedly less fun than I had hoped.

My 4 year old daughter ran up to me with her toy F-14 the other day yelling "DANGER ZONE!" So then we rewatched the release video and she said she was excited to fly it with me when it comes out. I hope that made the thread a little more fun for you.

My 4 year old daughter ran up to me with her toy F-14 the other day yelling "DANGER ZONE!" So then we rewatched the release video and she said she was excited to fly it with me when it comes out. I hope that made the thread a little more fun for you.

It does! :D

Thank you!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Well, I also tend not to jump into stuff like this either, but someone was being critical of ED for the missing features of the Hornet. There is no comparing it to a 5 year announced project with new features and updates being released every two weeks.

The hornet was in development for just shy of 8 years (was announced then at least) before it released last May....

What HeatBlur has accomplished in just 5 short years is, quite frankly, outstanding. :thumbup:

Nick, hope this thread turns around for you, but that's unlikely until it releases.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

The Hornet feels dead and sterile in the air, the Tomcat will be alive and talk to you while you fly it. Hornets are for button pushing computer geeks, Tomcats are for people who like to feel an aircraft respond to their inputs.

The former creates mechanical pilots, the latter makes artists.

Viewpoints are my own.

The Hornet feels dead and sterile in the air, the Tomcat will be alive and talk to you while you fly it. Hornets are for button pushing computer geeks, Tomcats are for people who like to feel an aircraft respond to their inputs.

Says the computer geek playing airplanes on the computer. :lol::thumbup:

Edit: To be fair, I'm doing the same thing. :joystick:

I'm telling you, anyone who has flown the Viggen is going to be fine when it comes to flying the F-14A, let alone the F-14B.

I rarely get the compressor bang anymore, and that's usually associated with having to deal with a kid doing something to distract me while I'm flying.

I'll just get in where I fit in here...

After searching "DCS F-18", "DCS F/A-18" and "DCS Hornet" I found six YouTube videos from anyone outside ED before May 9 2018. Of those, two were made with ED's footage, and two of the other four were foreign language, making two English language non-ED YouTube videos released before May 9 last year, the day it was announced the Hornet would enter EA in May 2018.

Doesn't seem to me that Heatblur are doing that badly with content creators at an equivalent point, but if I've missed some vids please point them out.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Tomcat Tuesday. All of your worries will be over.

I wish I just understood that reference... derpyconfused.png

My 4 year old daughter ran up to me with her toy F-14 the other day yelling "DANGER ZONE!" So then we rewatched the release video and she said she was excited to fly it with me when it comes out.

Best. Daughter. Ever. dealwithit.png

Tomcats are for people who like to feel an aircraft respond to their inputs.

Which is impossible in a computer simulation unless you have a FFB stick and even that's just rudimentary. The last good one was taken off the shelves in 2003, even before the Tomcat has been taken off the boats.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Which is impossible in a computer simulation unless you have a FFB stick and even that's just rudimentary. The last good one was taken off the shelves in 2003, even before the Tomcat has been taken off the boats.

I do infer a "feel" piloting each airframe. I hope the F-14 feels more like the M2K than the F/A-18, although I doubt I will get my wish.