DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

:smartass: You don't need those. It's good. :D

That's what we figured anyway :D

Besides, the hop was less than 5 minutes long lol. Bone-clean bird, shortfield-takeoff towards the west, sharp left turn out over the sea to accellerate, do a long, loping turn back in, and come in at an EXTREMELY low pass.

How low?

Well, we saw the top half of the tailfin flash past one of the old F104-shelters before the pilot pulls sharply up and to the right back out to sea again for a VERY short final and landing. The camera-crew and flightline-crew standing at the linehouse above apron C5 looked DOWN into the cockpit as Bicep (the pilot) came thundering past.

Fun day working the flightline :D

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

That's what we figured anyway :D

Besides, the hop was less than 5 minutes long lol. Bone-clean bird, shortfield-takeoff towards the west, sharp left turn out over the sea to accellerate, do a long, loping turn back in, and come in at an EXTREMELY low pass.

How low?

Well, we saw the top half of the tailfin flash past one of the old F104-shelters before the pilot pulls sharply up and to the right back out to sea again for a VERY short final and landing. The camera-crew and flightline-crew standing at the linehouse above apron C5 looked DOWN into the cockpit as Bicep (the pilot) came thundering past.

Fun day working the flightline :D

Awesome, thanks.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I was thinking;

So, block 50, USAF, what are the possibilities?

- So engine will be F110-GE-129. There are several sub-versions but no mayor difference AFAIK.

- Radar is APG-68, over 5 different version (including different software)

- Two different TGP, Sniper XR (three version that I know of) and Listening and their sub-versions.

- Advance IFF (like the APX-113)

- Digital terrain and CARA

- HTS and its sub-versions

- Two different RWR (ALR-56 or 69) with ALE-50 and ALE-40 or 47

- JHMCS or HMCS

- Monochrome MFD or CMFD

- Different HSI (mechanical and digital)

- Several INS (including EGI or RLG)

- Over 6 different software adding multitude of weapons and different man-machine interaction.

- OBOGS or old liquid oxigen

- May have satellite communication.

We got all kinds of possibilities.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I was thinking;

So, block 50, USAF, what are the possibilities?

- So engine will be F110-GE-129. There are several sub-versions but no mayor difference AFAIK.

- Radar is APG-68, over 5 different version (including different software)

- Two different TGP, Sniper XR (three version that I know of) and Listening and their sub-versions.

- Advance IFF (like the APX-113)

- Digital terrain and CARA

- HTS and its sub-versions

- Two different RWR (ALR-56 or 69) with ALE-50 and ALE-40 or 47

- JHMCS or HMCS

- Monochrome MFD or CMFD

- Different HSI (mechanical and digital)

- Several INS (including EGI or RLG)

- Over 6 different software adding multitude of weapons and different man-machine interaction.

- OBOGS or old liquid oxigen

- May have satellite communication.

We got all kinds of possibilities.

It's going to be glorious, either way :D

Reminds me that I need to learn how to make skins for DCS. There's a horde of Norwegian Viper-skins that needs to be made, even though we don't use the CJ.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

I hope that someone will make this one:

Dark_Falcon01.jpg

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

This a Belgian F-16, à MLU not a Block 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what? Like her with regards to Belgium I hope we get skins for the Dutch F-16's too. Our countries don't have 20-something different jets so it's nice to have at least 1 jet our countries use, although it's not exactly the same model.

So skins for our countries will be much appreciated.

dutch-f-16-syria.jpg

Look how gorgeous! :)

Edited by dawgie79

So what? Like him with regards to Belgium I hope we get skins for the Dutch F-16's too. Our countries don't have 20-something different jets so it's nice to have at least 1 jet our countries use, although it's not exactly the same model.

So skins for our countries will be much appreciated.

dutch-f-16-syria.jpg

Look how gorgeous! :)

Yes it looks really cool. Have you seen the display livery for the Greek F-16 ? Zeus ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to guess...based on how the Hornet has developed...

We'll get the F-16 into Early Access with about half of the systems in place, but everything critical already done.

Aim-9M/9X, JHMCS/HMCS, Litening Pod (Since the A-10 already has it), GBU's and JDAM's and Harms but no HTS at first.

As EA goes on we'll get Sniper, HTS and such.

Personally, as I said before, I'd have preferred a Block 40 Viper, but the 50 will be a hoot anyway. A Block 52 would have been fun as well, but I understand why ED wouldn't have done that.

Like him with regards to Belgium I hope we get skins for the Dutch F-16's too.

Yes please!

J-002_003-1616721746.jpg?m=1379241208

The BAF Viper demo schemes are another obvious target; always striiking.,..

FA-101-505450154.jpg?m=1524590069

....as are many of the unique "Tiger Meet" designs.

FA-116-1325116854.jpg?m=1523086807

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

Happy Iron Eagle Day ;)

iron-eagle-movie-poster-1986-1020195452.jpg

So...Norm...

Question..on FB you said "let me clarify...2019"..when someone joked about 2029 or something.

Is it......unrealistic for us to think it could go into EA by the end of this year?

I know, everything is subject to change and no promises are made..I'm just curious.

Of course "sorry, can't comment beyond that" is a viable answer also.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

This a Belgian F-16, à MLU not a Block 50

I know. So? We have liveries for non-lot 20 Hornets as well... The point is the beauty of said livery.

So what? Like him [...]

Her*

Alternatively, them* would work as well.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset