CCIP and AUTO modes.

greenmamba

Hello Community

I would like to know if someone here has attack profiles handy for pop up attacks ?

And also if someone has attack profiles for dive bombing at different angles.

And also something i like to know, for CCIP .... how does it work in the hornet ? I flew a mission i made and i placed via the Mission Editor T-72 tanks on a hill top.

When approaching the target area, i visually acquired the Tanks, i extended a bit, climbed and then i dived on them.

When i dived on the Tank, the CCIP fall line appeared, and the horizontal bar was somewhat stuck above the pullup cue. It moves down but i get the big X before it touches the end of the bomb fall line. So i aborted.

No matter how high i climb abd then execute the dive ... i never get the horizontal bar to be soon enough at the bottom of the bomb fall line.

In AUTO mode, can someone clearly state if it is working or not in the current WIP F/A-18 LOT 20 ? because no matter if i put the correct target elevation and the correct altimeter setting ( which i don´t get why ? ), my bombs fall short.

Also .... with a MK-82 ... do you need a direct hit to destroy a tank ? A jeep ? isn´t the blast radius supposed to inflict some kind of damage ?

Trying to put dumb bombs on target with CCIP only is hard, very hard ...more than i expected. Especially coming from other simulators. The F-16 CCIP pipper is much more precise ...( personal feeling.)

It seems the gun ..is much more precise than the rest.

Edited by greenmamba

Did you do the training missions?

It explains not just the switches, but also the symbology...

If you understand what the "inverted cue" is and know how to setup up the indications it is as precise and actually quite easy, as in any other modern Jet.

TLDR if you see the horizontal line ON the bomb fall line, this is usually the inverted cue which goes down(!) as it shows the distance of the actual CCIP which is below your HUD. If it reaches the bottom of the HUD, the actual CCIP cross shows up and walks up on the HUD, as you are used to. Most other Sims do not simulate the inverted cue logic...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Quick and dirty for a 15 degree, pop up attack:

Approach the target low level, high speed.

• At 4.5 miles out, make a 3.5 g turn 20 degrees left or right.

• As soon as you level out from the turn, point the nose up 25 degrees.

• Once you reach 2900ft agl, commence a 135 degree roll and pull towards the target.

• This should set you up with a 15 degree dive with the pipper just below the target and a release altitude about 1000-1500ft agl.

Works for bombs, rockets and strafing. Make sure you don't frag yourself! :-)

For lightly planned popups with low drag bombs, I do the following:

1. Choose an attack heading, for example 180.

2. Set a waypoint (which will be the pop point) about 3nm from the target, about 20 degrees offset from my attack heading (to account for the climb distance)

3. Fly at about 200' AGL or so, 500-550kts, pop up with 4G to about 30 degrees climb; You should look to your left/right and visually confirm the target while climbing.

4. At about 5,000 or 6,000 feet AGL I will do a 4G pull down to the target, and typically end up with a 30-40 degree dive.

These are all estimations; I haven't done any hard calculations.

For typical CCIP dive bombing, I just visualize a triangle in the sky and guesstimate 30 degrees, 40 degrees, etc. I'll roll in from fairly high, 18k-20k feet and 330kts, and try to keep between 450-500kts in the dive until I release bombs.

Did you do the training missions?

It explains not just the switches, but also the symbology...

If you understand what the "inverted cue" is and know how to setup up the indications it is as precise and actually quite easy, as in any other modern Jet.

TLDR if you see the horizontal line ON the bomb fall line, this is usually the inverted cue which goes down(!) as it shows the distance of the actual CCIP which is below your HUD. If it reaches the bottom of the HUD, the actual CCIP cross shows up and walks up on the HUD, as you are used to. Most other Sims do not simulate the inverted cue logic...

Yes i did, but i will take another look at it. Thing is that issue never came up before.

Quick and dirty for a 15 degree, pop up attack:

Approach the target low level, high speed.

• At 4.5 miles out, make a 3.5 g turn 20 degrees left or right.

• As soon as you level out from the turn, point the nose up 25 degrees.

• Once you reach 2900ft agl, commence a 135 degree roll and pull towards the target.

• This should set you up with a 15 degree dive with the pipper just below the target and a release altitude about 1000-1500ft agl.

Works for bombs, rockets and strafing. Make sure you don't frag yourself! :-)

Thank you very much, i will write it down on paper. How about a community project where we create a refernce table ?

For lightly planned popups with low drag bombs, I do the following:

1. Choose an attack heading, for example 180.

2. Set a waypoint (which will be the pop point) about 3nm from the target, about 20 degrees offset from my attack heading (to account for the climb distance)

3. Fly at about 200' AGL or so, 500-550kts, pop up with 4G to about 30 degrees climb; You should look to your left/right and visually confirm the target while climbing.

4. At about 5,000 or 6,000 feet AGL I will do a 4G pull down to the target, and typically end up with a 30-40 degree dive.

These are all estimations; I haven't done any hard calculations.

For typical CCIP dive bombing, I just visualize a triangle in the sky and guesstimate 30 degrees, 40 degrees, etc. I'll roll in from fairly high, 18k-20k feet and 330kts, and try to keep between 450-500kts in the dive until I release bombs.

Thanks mate, i will try that one too and make a return about it. Very much appreciated.