Multi-crew for one huey implemented or not?

chanrobi

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i'm a big fan of the F-16, lets hope they do it right then! hopefully they implement the Data cartridge system
I hope they take their time to implement an important feature like the moving map or LGBs or an important Radar mode.

Would be nice to see you waiting for this in the F-16 for a couple of years... so we can share the feeling with the Huey fans?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I hope they take their time to implement an important feature like the moving map or LGBs or an important Radar mode.

Would be nice to see you waiting for this in the F-16 for a couple of years... so we can share the feeling with the Huey fans?

Yes it's really a pity that multicrew was ignored by ED on the Huey and Mi8. These are transport helos, a big part of the fun in the is to cooperate with your co-opilot.

I am sure more people are looking forward to the F16 than completing this, but ED has to fix this mentality of leaving things unfinished and move to the next demanded thing.

The work that begun must be a work fully done.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

I don't think sarcasm is needed here. We got a response from Belsimtek and we can let them get on with it now. From previous snippets it is clear that with old code it was harder to implement multicrew compared with starting from scratch and using the knowledge gained in the creation of the L39

Well, here it is, a year later. Belsimtek said "a few months" barring any big trip points. I read halfway through the thread, have Belsimtek communicated anything further on the issues that are still preventing them from implementing co-op multi-crew in the Huey, or is it just the efforts of developing NEW aircraft for release that are preventing it?

If they have found that it isn't feasible to implement co-op military-positions, they should just "man up" to it, post an apology with an explanation, and move on. Five years of waiting is a bit much, and is beginning to look like "financial considerations."

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I think Belsimtek stopped communicating altogether after they got integrated into ED-team during 2018.

This is ED's baby now, but I think they left it at the steps of an orphanage long ago.

It's sad since the Huey would be such an ideal testbed for expanded multiplayer coding, not only two clients operating the same dials & switches but a total of four clients manning all the aircraft's crew stations and fighting and communicating together.

(Speaking of communicating: integrated SRS or an alternative anyone?)

I wonder how a revamp of the Huey could be done, financially?

It _should_ be self-funding to polish it up to 2.5 standard, with the new engine model, PBR, multi-crew and M23 armament system, taking the Huey up to proper "slick"-standard, as well. The sales should increase.

I'm just sad the Huey is in it's current state. :(

It has potential to be the ultimate Huey module, but here I am hoping someone else will make a "normal" UH-1D instead. -.-'

//Jarl.

I think Belsimtek stopped communicating altogether after they got integrated into ED-team during 2018.

This is ED's baby now, but I think they left it at the steps of an orphanage long ago.

It's sad since the Huey would be such an ideal testbed for expanded multiplayer coding, not only two clients operating the same dials & switches but a total of four clients manning all the aircraft's crew stations and fighting and communicating together.

(Speaking of communicating: integrated SRS or an alternative anyone?)

The communication hasn't stopped: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3733774&postcount=31

Belsimteks communication was never great to begin with though :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wonder how a revamp of the Huey could be done, financially?

It _should_ be self-funding to polish it up to 2.5 standard, with the new engine model, PBR, multi-crew and M23 armament system, taking the Huey up to proper "slick"-standard, as well. The sales should increase.

I'm just sad the Huey is in it's current state. :(

It has potential to be the ultimate Huey module, but here I am hoping someone else will make a "normal" UH-1D instead. -.-'

//Jarl.

Agree wholeheartedly!

UH-1H looks like abandoned.(for me)

Belsimtek died leaving only engine fire.

ED should delete the module description “multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update” temporarily or share us a plan of update.

Edited by crow0827

UH-1H looks like abandoned.(for me)

Belsimtek died leaving only engine fire.

ED should delete the module description “multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update” temporarily or share us a plan of update.

Die?, no.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3733774&postcount=31

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3774006&postcount=72

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3774131&postcount=74

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

How low can it go?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hey powers to be at ED...I know you guys have to make a profit and releasing new airframes is a good way to do that...revisiting older airframes is not. However, as a diehard rotary wing enthusiast I would be quite willing to pay the price of a new module for Huey or MI-8 MULTICREW. You might want to do a survey but I bet there are a lot of Huey and MI-8 enthusiasts that would be willing to pay good money for a UH-1 or MI-8 MULTICREW...module...Please give me more opportunities to give you my money. P/S Please make sure any future rotary wing airframes offered are Multicrew. Thanks to all at ED...Love DCS

Hey powers to be at ED...I know you guys have to make a profit and releasing new airframes is a good way to do that...revisiting older airframes is not. However, as a diehard rotary wing enthusiast I would be quite willing to pay the price of a new module for Huey or MI-8 MULTICREW. You might want to do a survey but I bet there are a lot of Huey and MI-8 enthusiasts that would be willing to pay good money for a UH-1 or MI-8 MULTICREW...module...Please give me more opportunities to give you my money. P/S Please make sure any future rotary wing airframes offered are Multicrew. Thanks to all at ED...Love DCS

Negative. I already paid for Huey multicrew when I bought the module, which has openly advertised multicrew is coming since inception.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

these links don't mean much thing.

in the first link is quote of my post

Originally Posted by ebabil

Yeah this is so weird . Huey is a most favorite helicopter of many many people. And this module looks totally forgotten.

A basic iconic sound is not available unless you don't use a sound mod.

Even a simple glass reflection bug is still there after all those years. Look at hornet's canopy and Huey's...

after one month nothing was said about the sound issue and internal and external textures.

Shiny textures are there

Gauge glass gone

Addon liveries corrupted

glass effects gone

the weird problem is, these are not even new features. we want that what we had already had in the past.

so i don't have hope for multi crew etc

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

we want that what we had already had in the past.

A lot of modules share the same problem: what worked quite well in 1.5.8 now has issues.

We have to admit it: upgrade every module to 2.5 standars is overwhelming and cannot be done for free. Two chances I believe: 1) something like what is discussed now in ka-50 section: a payware black shark 3 there, a payware uh-1h upgrade here; 2) a monthly fee to allow ED to have more resources for upgrades, in order to keep older modules up to date. To have all for free, well, I think it's impossible, or at least it will take years without money income.

we want that what we had already had in the past.

Oh, that's easy, just revert back to DCS World 1.5/2.0, the version before the modern graphics were implemented. You can even install that version in parallel.

I am definitely not happy here, as well. It takes them quite some time, but as Mi8Pilot said, they are working on an overhaul of the Huey in general. Better engine model, likely fixing the graphics and maybe even introducing MP-Multicrew, who knows.

I'll willing to wait a bit longer to see this implemented right, rather than hasty...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Sorry don't agree with you(nessuno0505) yeah good for upgraded Ka-50 with new cockpit and new 3D model, but not for uh-1h It's biggest feature multi crew is not implemented yet. DCS modules are not cheap you can't play DCS with mouse and Keyboard. You need different controllers and I don't agree with Monthly fee. Yes monthly fee for early access or free modules per month is good enough, Like there are some other online services which are on monthly or on yearly fee based.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

The biggest income for ED comes from the newest modules. They sell a lot in early access, then maybe another peak when the module is released, then the sales slowly decline. Yes, a brand new player can buy a-10c or ka-50 right now, but I think the biggest source of income for ED is the base of fans who already play at least one module (but as we know a lot of people here already have them all). It is for that reason that the priority for ED is to develop new modules, then they have to keep the base game up to date, while fixing / updating the old modules is at the bottom of the list. A monthly / yearly fee could allow ED to allocate people to modules update, cause they would have fixed incomes dedicated to this task. I'd gladly pay if they should decide this way.

You are right: a suited PC, a hotas, maybe a dedicated desk and chair, a VR headset, etc cost money. And we all pay because this is our hobby. To add something like 50 bucks a year would not impact so much our finances, but could speed up software updates. It's an ED decision, they only know what is best for their business, but I would be ready to pay...

Edited by nessuno0505

Who said that ED(Belsimtek) should upgrade without charge?

I mean Promised update should be done(module becomes "product" with update).

In addition, I don't think that development be postponed by money reason.

at least, UH-1H Multi-Crew was promised on 2013/04/30(release date).

It is a prospect based on web archive of DCS website(2013/05/23).

6 years. It's looks funny.

If Belsimtek couldn't develop it by money reason, they go out of business by now.

He***lur *-14 keep us long waiting.

But UH-1H "a" function keep us waiting for 6 years.

Can you imagine the difference?

I can't stop smiling wryly.

Off course, I understand that ED(Belsimtek, other developer)'s opinion, "NO DEADLINE".

Therefore, I said that ED should delete a statement temp or share us plan of update.

PS. Ah... I think upgrade is different with update.

Edited by crow0827