DLC Paid 3rd party content Maps and ground crew

Harley Davidson

With all the aircraft of high quality being produced now for just about every theater, I'm really surprised that one of the major 3rd party developers aren't making paid addons!

We have aircraft from WWII to the gulf war and we do have some amazing DLC maps for some theaters like Navada, Persian gulf, Normandy etc.

We still need Korean peninsula and Vietnam/gulf of tonkin area, as well as ground crew/equipment for the airfields to give them more life.

I would pay $30 for a 1950's Korea map with jeeps, huts/structures and ground crew as well as AI aircraft like the B-29 etc. I'm really surprised a 3rd party developer hasn't jumped on this as there would be cash to be made. Other items could include ships as well.

I really hope someone picks up on this idea because I'd really like to throw my cash at it if someone does!

There's already free mods for this where you can place them on the maps in the mission editor.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yes, I have a few of them but worried about the multiplayer aspect with integrity checks. Kind of like the A4-E, servers won't allow it due to it being a mod.

Having stuff like WW2 asset pack isn't any better either.

Everyone needs to have it to play together.

Mods are great for some people but should not be a crutch for developers. I pay for the game and assets so I don't have to sort through and maintain the mods. Especially when they inevitably break after an update. And as was said above. Trying to coordinate a squad to make sure they all have the same version of a list of mods to run a mission is a nightmare.

I've played IL2 years ago and they had some great paid campaigns and addons. It upped the immersion factor many many times. The option to buy a map based on historical Theater/airfields as well as AI aircraft for the time would be amazing.

We already have the tech as I am using Combined arms to have WWII soldiers and Willeys jeeps moving around the airfield, it would add so much to have historically correct air crew and equipment maintaining static F86's etc. I'm sure a paid addon for this would sell well.

• Ugra Media is a 3rd party dev that is making map content (Normandy and Syria map).
  • Deka Irownwork Simulations has released an entire chinese units asset pack, although it is for free.
  • Leatherneck Simulations was planning to create a Pacific Theater with Maps (Iwo Jima) and respective ground units before they split up in Heatblur and Magnitude 3. Maybe they still have plans for this, as they are working on the F4U Corsair and a Yorktown carrier :dunno:
  • Heatblur plans to do a Sweden/Baltic Sea map and maybe even a swedish asset pack. They are working on a AI J-35 Draken as well as on a (K)A-6 Intruder and a Forrestral carrier.
  • RAZBAM is working on a Falkland map (Edit:) and AI units of the Falkland war.

As you can see, there is stuff going on.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DLC Paid 3rd party content Maps and ground crew. Really?!

New maps (with appropriate crew/equipment for the airfields)..... of course

New modules... Check

DLC..I hope not

There is a thin line between your wish and, for example, custom pilot helmets for 5 bucks, or GPS/INS glide bombs Hornet add-on for 10 bucks..

Do you see where I'm going with this?

• Ugra Media is a 3rd party dev that is making map content (Normandy and Syria map).
  • Deka Irownwork Simulations has released an entire chinese units asset pack, although it is for free.
  • Leatherneck Simulations was planning to create a Pacific Theater with Maps (Iwo Jima) and respective ground units before they split up in Heatblur and Magnitude 3. Maybe they still have plans for this, as they are working on the F4U Corsair and a Yorktown carrier :dunno:
  • Heatblur plans to do a Sweden/Baltic Sea map and maybe even a swedish asset pack. They are working on a AI J-35 Draken as well as on a (K)A-6 Intruder and a Forrestral carrier.
  • RAZBAM is working on a Falkland map.

As you can see, there is stuff going on.

with the Falkland/Malvinas map RAZBAM has working on a AI pack to them (Ships / vehicles / artillery, etc).

with the Falkland/Malvinas map RAZBAM has working on a AI pack to them (Ships / vehicles / artillery, etc).

Good point, I totally forget about that! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've played IL2 years ago and they had some great paid campaigns and addons. It upped the immersion factor many many times. The option to buy a map based on historical Theater/airfields as well as AI aircraft for the time would be amazing.

We already have the tech as I am using Combined arms to have WWII soldiers and Willeys jeeps moving around the airfield, it would add so much to have historically correct air crew and equipment maintaining static F86's etc. I'm sure a paid addon for this would sell well.

I do not remember that IL 2 had any paid campaigns, only add-ons. That is until IL 1946 came out, then you had it all.

IL 2 Community added the rest..... new maps, tons and tons of skins, and supporting software (IL2 Stab for example), D gen, campaigns.

Jeeps, huts/structures and ground crew as well as AI aircraft (as you said) should come with new maps, and old ones should be updated.

I'll remember ED is taking care of deckcrew and groundcrew. I found it in the heathblur section... :D

Edit: Well my memory isn't so good anymore

Good to have the post :D

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3322954&postcount=131

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Wow, OK... wasn't aware of those maps being introduced! Awesome! Really happy about that.

@Void78 Yes, there was paid addons for the very first IL2, a 3rd party developer introduced a German campaign that was epic and have tons of new BF-109 skins in it. It started with you as a rookie flying from a german airport to the front and there you would have a choice of north, center or south squadrons... really cool and very immersive.