VİETNAM - F4 - F104 - F8

1Shot1KiLL

The F-4 was (and hopefully is) going to be waaay post Vietnam.

An 80 bird fits current stable and possible scenarios in DCS much better.

There are almost ZERO Vietnam war assets in DCS. MiG-15 is not a MiG-17 analogue, MiG-21Bis is more advanced than those used in Vietnam by some margin, F-5E is same way. UH-1H is kinda post Vietnam too, but that can mostly be ok I guess.

Upcoming MiG-19 is perhaps a possible fit too, even though it isn't the exact version either.

Even the immediate post Vietnam versions of the aircraft involved in that conflict were considerably superior to veteran versions of that war.

When an F-4 comes, I much prefer it to be the proposed 80s version.

As for the latter part, yeah, definitely agree that it's a huge shame for me too. But alas, it is the other way around for many other, and popularity means more sales...

Well let's hope sooner than later...

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I hope development on the F-4 restarts and they give us more than just the E model. In my view to do the F-4 right, there have to be 3 or 4 variants. The D, E, J or S for the Navy and if possible the G.

I'd also love to see the Thud as well the D and G.

The version of the F-4E they said they are aiming at is a late 80's upgraded version. Details on that here: https://belsimtek.com/news/1787/

So yeah, it's going to be the end of life version. Limited to a service period of a few years.

It retains all it's old weapons capabilities, so it's easily "spoofable" to older scenarios, I would think/hope.

The version of the F-4E they said they are aiming at is a late 80's upgraded version. Details on that here: https://belsimtek.com/news/1787/

So yeah, it's going to be the end of life version. Limited to a service period of a few years.

It retains all it's old weapons capabilities, so it's easily "spoofable" to older scenarios, I would think/hope.

No, It will be an F-4E block 53 of 1972 which has Maverick capability and laser-guided bombs, so it's a late Vietnam War variant

Edited by Maverick966

Unless I am mistaken the variant of the Mig-21 is also a post/late Vietnam version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No, It will be an F-4E block 53 of 1972 which has Maverick capability and laser-guided bombs, so it's a late Vietnam War variant

The F-4E in consideration for development has ARN-101 upgrades, hence 80s. Even late-ish 80s at that. Navigation and air to ground/targeting pod capabilities are quite ahead of Vietnam F-4s, even the later ones.

The MiG-21Bis has a much better engine and better radar than the latest model used by Vietnamese too. That latest model was the MF, and even then it was in relatively low numbers.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The F-4 should benefit greatly from the development of the F-14. The F-14 is the first two seater in DCS, after all.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The F-4 should benefit greatly from the development of the F-14. The F-14 is the first two seater in DCS, after all.

But the F4 will be made by Belsimtek while the F14 is done by Heatblur. I'm not sure the competing companies trade tech among each other.:cry:

But the F4 will be made by Belsimtek while the F14 is done by Heatblur. I'm not sure the competing companies trade tech among each other.:cry:

Belsimtek has been integrated into Eagle Dynamics, so Heatblur could share Jester AI with ED, perhaps earning a certain percentage on the sale of the F-4E, surely an F-4E with Jester AI would increase in value and both companies would benefit from this, or even better Jester AI could become a module that can be bought, like the NS 430 Navigation System, it should be developed for all aircraft with two or more seats.

Edited by Maverick966

The F-4 was (and hopefully is) going to be waaay post Vietnam.

An 80 bird fits current stable and possible scenarios in DCS much better.

There are almost ZERO Vietnam war assets in DCS. MiG-15 is not a MiG-17 analogue, MiG-21Bis is more advanced than those used in Vietnam by some margin, F-5E is same way. UH-1H is kinda post Vietnam too, but that can mostly be ok I guess.

Upcoming MiG-19 is perhaps a possible fit too, even though it isn't the exact version either.

Even the immediate post Vietnam versions of the aircraft involved in that conflict were considerably superior to veteran versions of that war.

When an F-4 comes, I much prefer it to be the proposed 80s version.

As for the latter part, yeah, definitely agree that it's a huge shame for me too. But alas, it is the other way around for many other, and popularity means more sales...

Well let's hope sooner than later...

How do you get kinda for the UH-1H? Deliveries starting in 1967.... it absolutely was used in Vietnam extensively.

Yes, UH-1H is used in Vietnam, the reason I say kinda is because ours have post var armament options and perhaps also some of avionics if I'm not mistaken. But as I've said it can work even if that's the case. Even still, one helicopter won't make DCS: Vietnam a thing.

The rest is very much post Vietnam.

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yeah, it would be nice to get a version with the M60 door guns instead of the gatlings for a VN era Huey. Not a major issue, but it would be nice.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Belsimtek has been integrated into Eagle Dynamics, so Heatblur could share Jester AI with ED, perhaps earning a certain percentage on the sale of the F-4E, surely an F-4E with Jester AI would increase in value and both companies would benefit from this, or even better Jester AI could become a module that can be bought, like the NS 430 Navigation System, it should be developed for all aircraft with two or more seats.

Alot of that depends on how well Jester actually works. Its the one thing I'm fairly certain people will be dissapointed by in the F14 on release but I hope I'm wrong. But yeah, it could be cool to have it in multicrew planes, though I think it would need a non trivial amount of work for each plane.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm not sure I'd characterize either company as a competitor for the other one really.

Add-on's

I'm okay with $5 Add-ons to existing aircraft, such as Vietnam era "versions and their weapons" of an already built module such as the UH-1. Who wouldn't want to drop some napalm on targets from early model F-4's (if module is built), or F-5's for example. Period specific add-ons are okay in my book for a small price.

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

Yeah except the versions of the planes we have arent a minor differences or variants. They would need new 3d models and new systems models, so 5 bucks is a bit optimistic.

I've posted this multiple times - we need period or campaign specific 'things' (i use that term loosely) in DCS ie.

Vietnam (map, aircraft, assets)

Korea (map, aircraft, assets)

Gulf War

WW2

etc

they way stuff is developed for DCS is annoying as anything. F86 + Mig 15 yet NO korea map?? what about the F2H, the P80, the F4U, the F-9? No, we have 2 aircraft for use on the same Georgia map.

Same with WW2. We have the P51, BF109, FW190, Spitfire and 1 map - Normandy which from what i see is a waste of bloody resources as noone seems to be hosting it.

I REALLY wish the devs at DCS focused on something like this. Do it properly.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I've posted this multiple times - we need period or campaign specific 'things' (i use that term loosely) in DCS ie.

Vietnam (map, aircraft, assets)

Korea (map, aircraft, assets)

Gulf War

WW2

etc

they way stuff is developed for DCS is annoying as anything. F86 + Mig 15 yet NO korea map?? what about the F2H, the P80, the F4U, the F-9? No, we have 2 aircraft for use on the same Georgia map.

Same with WW2. We have the P51, BF109, FW190, Spitfire and 1 map - Normandy which from what i see is a waste of bloody resources as noone seems to be hosting it.

I REALLY wish the devs at DCS focused on something like this. Do it properly.

+1 i dont even care when it os, but jist focus on an interesting decade and commit to it for red and blue.