Comms menu keeps popping up

Why do we still have to reset the export.lua file to correct this issue... Is it something that Voice Attack and Viacom creators can discuss with ED and DCS World to develop a solution? Is it something they can place in the Saved Games folder so that it isn’t changed with every update? Just asking... obviously, not a programmer.

• 1 year later...

This problem is driving me up a God damn wall. I have tried EVERYTHING. Resetting lua, deleting export file, shutting down DCS and VA and reloading, rebooting, checking to make sure no keys or buttons are assigned to mic transmit commands, repairing DCS...nothing works, that stupid menu pops up, then disappears, then pops up...what the hell????

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2019 at 8:09 AM, Snacko said:

And were you using VAICOM?

I made this video and sent it to Hollywood_315.

I noticed the Comms menu consistently opens and closes when turning the Battery to ON/ORIDE, or the APU to ON. And it doesn't happen if VloiceAttack/VAICOM is not running.

He is interested in looking into this. So, have tested all my aircraft, and out of my 20 clickable aircraft that I own, the Comms menu opens when I spawn into the pit on almost all of them. But, the only aircraft that opens the comms menu with clicking switches is the FA18.

So, I wanted to ask here if others flying the FA18 when they see this and are running VAICOM? So, that I can document this better, so he can focus on that aircraft, if that's the problem.

I get this all the time, drives me crazy

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, Jarhead0331 said:

This problem is driving me up a God damn wall. I have tried EVERYTHING. Resetting lua, deleting export file, shutting down DCS and VA and reloading, rebooting, checking to make sure no keys or buttons are assigned to mic transmit commands, repairing DCS...nothing works, that stupid menu pops up, then disappears, then pops up...what the hell????

Same. I don't remember it happening, but jumping into the P-51 for the first time in a while it's happening. I feel like I've tried almost everything too. Seems like a bug.

My experience..

Comms menu pops up and then out at around 5s intervals, like experienced by others. I haven't checked every plane, but the Hornet is fine and doesn't have the issue, where the P-51, P-47, Spitfire, and F-86 do. This is what leads me to think there might be a bug here, because it's airframe dependent. I've tried all the recommended advice. When it happened to me months back, deleting the export.lua in Saved Games fixed it. Doing so now yields no difference.

I've been doing most of my testing with P-51. It's only happening with cold starts. Once I turn the battery on and switch the radio from Off to channel A it stops happening.

The VoiceAttack log window shows the initialization block when it happens. Every 10 seconds or so. It's like the initialization is thinking it's borked in some planes and triggering a re-init that isn't necessary.

In VAICOMPRO.export.lua, if I delete the LoSetCommand and performClickableAction for the planes I'm having the issue with in the flush function, then it doesn't happen. Likewise, just removing the whole call to flush when purge is true fixes it (obviously). I haven't played much since making that change (and Vaicom often resets that LUA, so the change has to be repeatedly made), but so far it seems to work without any ill effects.

Edited by Munkwolf

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, Jarhead0331 said:

Having the same problem.  NOTHING I do fixes it.

• 2 months later...

I just had the same issue (menu popping up every few seconds) and after trying many things, what finally fixed it for me was to run VoiceAttack as administrator. I think it was updating the LUA files in my Saved Games folder properly, but not the ones in the Program Files/Eagle Dynamics folder because it was lacking admin permissions. I also made sure I had the proper custom path set to my DCS folder in Vaicom config page, and the proper version (OpenBeta, standalone).

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, tomudesu said:

Did anybody ever get this sorted? I have spent the last couple hours trying to figure it out to no avail...tried all the advice here 😞

VAICOMPRO.log 136 B · 1 download

Hi! Yes, no issues here, as long as I remember to shut VoiceAttack down, before update DCS, and start VoiceAttack again before I start DCS after the update. Hence I use Skatezilla's app. For Steam I recommend turning off auto updates for DCS. There are numerous post about this in the VAICOM forum, this thread should be moved over there if you ask me. 

Anyway. Quick solution, might not work. Turn off both VA and DCS. Start VA and then DCS. If it solved it, fine. If not, shutdown DCS, open VAICOM control panel. Reset Lua, restart VA, and then start DCS. If that still didn't work, shutdown VA a DCS. Uninstall all core mods. Do a FULL repair of DCS with removal of extra files. Start VA  and then DCS. If stiiiiill doesn't work, VAICOM is set up incorrectly, RTFM for VAICOM,  shutdown DCS, set sliders in VAICOM manually and manually input correct path to DCS. Turn on debugging while you're at it. Check fix reg. Close VA. Again do a full repair of DCS, start VA and then DCS. If that still does not fix it, head over to the VAICOM forum, post screenshots of the VoiceAttack log, and your VAICOM settings, and hopefully someone will spot a step I missed. 😊 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tomudesu said:

Did anybody ever get this sorted? I have spent the last couple hours trying to figure it out to no avail...tried all the advice here 😞

VAICOMPRO.log 136 B · 1 download

I reset the registry in one situation. I've had partial success with 2 installs, but the only way I seem to have full success is to stick with a single install (either OB or Stable) and not have dual installs. If you're switching between 2 installs (Stable and OB) my suggestion first is to go back to one and get it solid and see if that helps.

23 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Uninstall all core mods.

Thanks so much for getting me pointed in the right direction! I got it sorted out. 

You clued me in to check my mods, so I renamed all of the mod folders in saved games to -old. Vaicom added the tech back first start, so I knew it was looking in the right places. I used good old Navy Nuclear Power School half-splitting after that to reintroduce the folder and narrowed down the repeatable error to the community UH-60 mod. Kept that in the -old folder and now everything works. 

Thanks again! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomudesu said:

Thanks so much for getting me pointed in the right direction! I got it sorted out. 

You clued me in to check my mods, so I renamed all of the mod folders in saved games to -old. Vaicom added the tech back first start, so I knew it was looking in the right places. I used good old Navy Nuclear Power School half-splitting after that to reintroduce the folder and narrowed down the repeatable error to the community UH-60 mod. Kept that in the -old folder and now everything works. 

Thanks again! 

That's interesting. 🤔 

Seems I need to do some testing with other issues I have myself. 

Happy you got it sorted! 👍🏻