DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

Damn, I downloaded this about 7pm tonight. Is this another version since then?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Damn, I downloaded this about 7pm tonight. Is this another version since then?

Yes sorry, this evening I discovered I could use 8k size for the low altitude textures (without them turning black like some of others do) meaning I can cram more detail in and cover a larger area, the result is rather nice looking :)

i get a 404 on the download link now

Use the link on the first post of this thread, it works.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Excellent Mod, Highly recommend! When can we expect these 8K Maps musters?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Official Texture pack:

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/1221-104th-official-texture-pack/

Un-Official Roughmet Texture Pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Livery Creation Discord Group Invite-

https://discord.gg/bqAq2zx

Excellent Mod, Highly recommend! When can we expect these 8K Maps musters?

Oh they're already pushed into the version that's currently being hosted, it's only the landnoise.tif.dds that's at 8k though (the noise texture that is the closest to the ground) I had tried this with the main noise1.tif.dds but it still renders as black in game so no go there.

Edited by Mustang

Good version overall. A tid to grainy for me a low alt, but I resolved it by increasing the "noisepersquare" a little. The noise has few things that stand out, so it is pretty tiling resistant. The mountains and rocks are VERY good now in their latest form and very convincing.

Overall very good and miles beyond the default. The weak link as I see it now are the fields, which in this map are very far from reality in the region. The long, rectangular fields have been attempted and succeded by other texture makers by slicing up the textures- but I am sure you have though of it and that there is a reason you have not chosen to do it. Either way- love your work as always.

Just to illustrate for constuctive purposes-This dude: don't remember the name I'm afraid, nailed the fields. His 'noise' has woods and other details, so that wouldn't work, but the tiling and looks of the regional fields in Georgia/Southern Russia er spot on (Prolly because he used sat's from there)

3Mt8dg6.jpg

This is 1.5 obviously.

Edited by zionid

Good version overall. A tid to grainy for me a low alt, but I resolved it by increasing the "noisepersquare" a little.

I used a form of mipmap sharpening for this noise texture, I can reduce this if it helps.

Also nice screenshots BTW, what LUA edits did you use?

Edited by Mustang

@Mustang, thanks for this great mod. A significant improvement over the boring default textures.:thumbup:

Did you play around with the runways ? They seem to have more detail to them now.

With proper size trees, satellite image-based fields and more buildings the map could actually look fantastic. I understand there's only so much you can do but I second what @zionid said. The fields just look too generic. Not that it's your fault cause they look generic in the default version. Have you considered redoing them to more or less match satellite images in terms of shape, size and color ?

Edited by davidtsw

Thanks again Mustang. Great mod!

F-15C Eagle | A-10A Warthog | A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL | F-14 Tomcat | Persian Gulf

My hardware :

Gigabyte Aorus I Z390 Pro Wifi | Intel i7-9700K@5,1Ghz | eVGA RTX2080Ti SC | Corsair 32GB RAM DDR4@3200Mhz | NZXT Kraken X52 | NZXT H200 | LG 34UB88-B | 2x Samsung Evo 970 500GB Nvme | TM Warthog | CH Pro pedals | Pimax 5K+

Wow.....Gotta hand it to you Mustang,this is outstanding work fella thumbup.gif

Thank you very much for this wonderful Mod,as others have said,this is so much better than the default.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I did not think it was that bad to be honest. When noise squares have easily identifiable features that repeat, I spot it easy, but it hasn't bothered me here, not yet at least. I don't recommend shaking it up for now, I just wanted crisper and less blurry textures at low level. Depends on where you fly also ofc.

Thx Mustang!

I have a question for the others. Maybe it isnt problem of Mustang's mod but whole DCS (or is it normal)?

When I fly far from my initial point I noticed blurry textures (far), after 0,1-2 sec they are sharp again but this ongoing and noticeable sharpening process is annoying.

Mustang's textures are a little more heavy than default so perhaps here is a little more visible than with default DCS textures. It noticable especially on slope textures in mountain terrain and especially for autumn period.

What is strange white top of the mountains (snow textures) are ok as You can see (and sharp always even far).

Here is example of this symptom:

QB2qINu.gif

sg35O8Am.jpg

I checekd many settings and this far textures drive me creazy ;).

DCS is on very fast SSD disc (M.2 NVMe) and I havent others problem, just with this far, far textures of terrain (blurry for a while).

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thx Mustang!

I have a question for the others. Maybe it isnt problem of Mustang's mod but whole DCS (or is it normal)?

When I fly far from my initial point I noticed blurry textures (far), after 0,1-2 sec they are sharp again but this ongoing and noticeable sharpening process is annoying.

Mustang's textures are a little more heavy than default so perhaps here is a little more visible than with default DCS textures. It noticable especially on slope textures in mountain terrain and especially for autumn period.

What is strange white top of the mountains (snow textures) are ok as You can see (and sharp always even far).

I checekd many settings and this far textures drive me creazy ;).

DCS is on very fast SSD disc (M.2 NVMe) and I havent others problem, just with this far, far textures of terrain (blurry for a while).

Nope, has nothing to do with any texture mods...this started happening few updates ago, even with stock terrain textures.