Mi8 communication

I just set up my first mission in the M.E. with the Mi8 as the object of the mission.

As usual for me. It's all trial and error when I try something like this. So everything works great in 2.0. Everything went off without a hitch.

But, I have never used any of the radio equipment in the Mi8. So I could not hear any of the banter from my other air units and I could not talk to my flight.

Long question short: Where are my radios in this thing? LOL:doh:

Top panel of the pilot and commander seats. You have a large dial which you can set to one of the radios. Set it to the R-863 and set the switch from ICS to radio. From that large dial, go left and down and you'll see a button labelled FM/AM, set it to the DOWN position (AM).

Select flight engineer and set the frequency selector which you see on the lower right part of the panel between your knees to the correct frequency.

You now should be able to talk to ATC/other flights on VHF/UHF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Also, there's 2 modes for the flight engineer. Manual and presets. In Manual mode, you adjust the dial on the center console. To use preset frequencies, you need to change to "presets" by flipping the switch up.

I made a post here with pictures that summarizes things:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2565013&postcount=23

Guys....Worked like a charm, so thx for that. But is there a bug? About half the time, my 2nd bird will just sit on the apron and not join up. He can get my commands because he responds to some of them. He just won't take off with me. Has this been an issue or am I doing something wrong???

Your wingman by default is on the 1st preset channel. After going from tower to wingman move the preset/manual switch back to preset. Cant remember if you need to move the AM/FM switch back to FM too.

Just checked. Your wingman by default is 127.500 FM So using the R863, turn rotary to correct radio and flip intercom/radio switch to radio/ Leave FM/AM switch on FM/ Switch manual/preset to preset click radio switch or # key and your in contact with wingman

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 8 months later...

Radio priblem

Hello everyone and thanks for this comment,I have problem in my Mi 8 radio ,I was can't adjust my correct frequency like 130,000 it's appeared 130,014 or 130,099 or 130,074, I cant adjust the last 2 digits,please help me.

Hello everyone and thanks for this comment,I have problem in my Mi 8 radio ,I was can't adjust my correct frequency like 130,000 it's appeared 130,014 or 130,099 or 130,074, I cant adjust the last 2 digits,please help me.

Hello,

I have same problem with radio frequency to set. Last 2 digits changing to 130.099 or 130.014 like to ali_H_K

Anyone can help?

Thank you

Hi guys, if you have an English cockpit mod installed, you may need this patch.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2835263&postcount=68

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

I'm having issues contacting the ground crew with easy comms off.

I assumed a cold and dark aircraft could communicate with them as long as their cockpit is open, no? I'll take a look at the manual and see if it says anything.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

The FARP or airport has to belong to whichever coalition your flying for and have vehicles located on the airport or near the FARP.

I saw some post about the open window communication not working but it was working fine last night in MP

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]