F-15 canopy opens

Larry Brown

Whenever I enter in an F-15 regardless of whether it is on the ground or airborne, the first thing that happens is the canopy opens. On the ground this isn't a huge problem but a nuisance. In the air it is a major problem because I have to be ready to hit the "canopy close" command instantly or else "there she goes" as the canopy is ripped off by the airstream. This doesn't happen to anyone else that plays the game that I know of. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

Do you have "open canopy" bound ? Bad switch ? Other possibility is to try a DCS repair .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I only bound the "open canopy" command AFTER the problem started. I did this because with my Rift headset on I can't see the keyboard to hit the open canopy keys. I am very hesitant to do a DCS repair when the only problem I have is the F-15 canopy opening. I don't want to open Pandoras box with new problems.