Thanks for River Run Wags!

Zaz0

this reminden me far cry 5 plane challenge :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

4:05 - Just the tip...

bsLWjq6.png

First completed lap. I think there's a 3:45 in there at least. Maybe more. I kinda got behind the airframe for a bit in that last chicane. I was getting nervous because the gates were still beeping :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

After thinking about it I'm thinking even ~3:20 is doable... my brake points were darn near random (super uninformed at least :) ) and I haven't spent any time at all working on early throttle application so... I think there's a lot more time in it...

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

This looks like a blast but I can't seem to find the .miz file in the DCS Downloads area under F-18C files. Can someone let me know where I can get this one. . . thx!

https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/helpsmilie.gif

here you go

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3744076&postcount=105&fbclid=IwAR0UR6xRBwmIr9P3qAT6pVKIZsaLBJ5HsW-9gapyeV_rYMSoYRZT25QpW-A

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I do.

would you share it with us, plz? I think I've got a lot to learn about flying the F/A-18C on the edge.

:pilotfly:

All I was able to do was a 4:52 min (track attached) but only with a midair fuel dump :music_whistling:

There are lots of unperfect corners for sure, but I will never ever reach a 4:05 min. congrats

FA-18C River Run 002 (4.52 min).trk

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Add my name to the list of extremely thankful people.

For all you do Wags, thank you Sir.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

"Boo, Mission Failed" yourself, Wags!:)

1st: course familiarization

2nd: busted gate, the super low tricky one towards the end.

3rd: 5m25s

Thanks Wags, the course is fun as hell. Haven't played with my stick like that since high school!:joystick:

I really don't see anyone doing this in the mid 3's. Lower to mid 4's, yeah, but if I see people posting anything lower than 4 minutes I'm gonna need to see some pretty convincing proof.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

would you share it with us, plz? I think I've got a lot to learn about flying the F/A-18C on the edge.

:pilotfly:

All I was able to do was a 4:52 min (track attached) but only with a midair fuel dump :music_whistling:

There are lots of unperfect corners for sure, but I will never ever reach a 4:05 min. congrats

Thank you.

I don't know... maybe I'll make a fast one and share a vid. I'm no good at making vids though so don't expect much :).

Hey Wags, you pushed an old man to his limits.

River Run Challenge is so much fun to fly.

I have a 4:44 min now without midair fuel dump ;)

(see attached track)

I won't get too much faster, so I thank you for the fun Wags and hope for more of those challenges.

(I will keep your mission's file however for the F-14A/B and of course the F-16C! Can't wait to push them thru the gates.)

FA-18C River Run 003 (4.44 min).trk

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Hey Wags, you pushed an old man to his limits.

River Run Challenge is so much fun to fly.

I have a 4:44 min now without midair fuel dump ;)

(see attached track)

I won't get too much faster, so I thank you for the fun Wags and hope for more of those challenges.

(I will keep your mission's file however for the F-14A/B and of course the F-16C! Can't wait to push them thru the gates.)

The 16 will be a monster on this course.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Aright I made a vid :). It's uploading to Youtube now. When it's done I'll post the link.

Sheesh that took forever :)... Here it is...

Edited by M1Combat

• 1 month later...

DCS F/A-18C River Run 3:45

Hi guys,

After some practice, my best record yet reached 3:45, which I'd like to share with you.

It will definitely won't be the best record in the world. As you can see in my video, lots of turning and accelerating points can still be improved. I think with more practice and more tricks, it could reach around 3:30. Waiting for someone faster!

But it is already fast enough to enjoy the beauty of hornet low level flight. My control of hornet improved significantly after using this instant action for practice.

Regards

Sopebird

Tried 5 times today, still end running out of time ...

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S