DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

By installing your mod and others with JSGME and disabling all the mods I have with JSGME just before an update, I never had this kind of issue.

One will not say it enough: With JSGME disable all the mods changing files in the DCS main directory before each update and enable it after update.

The mods which are in saved games\... can stay but sometimes, can cause issues after an update. It was the case this time with the MB339 and deleting it or installing the fix was enough to fix the issue and having DCS starting again. If you apply an update without uninstalling the mods included in the DCS main directory, you will have to do a repair and sometimes it's not enough, you could have to reinstall DCS entirely.

This time, Roger01 and majapahit, you had just untextured trees but you could have worst like a DCS not starting at all with an update without disabling the mods before.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Hi !

I had missing texture too with v1.18

I deleted fx0 et metashader2 and still missing texture.

Then I look closer and see that version number has not change but only the date of the version. I had the hold one…

Now it work well, no missing texture.

I think changing the date and not the version number is confusing, if I had read v1.19 it would have jump in my eyes.

My 2 cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

It seems something has changed in the 2.5.3 Openbeta update today, the mod no longer functions (DCS is ignoring the texture folders the mod uses)

I'm looking at ways to make this work again, standby.

I just noticed with another mod that DCS seems to not ignore the folders anymore so there might be a chance to have smaller downloads again - can you test that? I sure hope it is the case... :)

And thank you very much for this fantastic mod, I'm really digging the 1.18 version!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Mustang, You might have already discovered this but the issue with your mod in the latest open beta release is the texture file names. Apparently DCS is no longer accepting file names like *.tga.dds and *.bmp.dds.

Temp workaround is to rename any file names to simply *.dds and then textures are working.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Mustang, You might have already discovered this but the issue with your mod in the latest open beta release is the texture file names. Apparently DCS is no longer accepting file names like *.tga.dds and *.bmp.dds.

Temp workaround is to rename any file names to simply *.dds and then textures are working.

21/12/18 v1.18 link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NVmNWj8p4EoUCUjyK2ozAV0DX1D1ddFI

V1.18 - Adjusted colour of main noise texture for spring, updated field textures, DCS 2.5.4 compatible.

фил фоба не слаще...

i5-3570K, 24GB DDR3-1600, 6GB GTX1060, Win7x64

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that update on the first post.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

Here too. Reshade's deband feature is pretty much mandatory with DCS.

Can't figure out, why it is not hard coded directly into the graphics engine.

Deband in reshade can and does effect target spotting. Just a heads up. It may make things look nice, but it could get you killed.

Deband in reshade can and does effect target spotting. Just a heads up. It may make things look nice, but it could get you killed.

deband? it has no effects ony me end, i ama using other effect with reshade : HDR, lumasharpen,clarity,vibrance,colourness, technicolor ,etc but honestly deband is not even working unless i move up the slider effect but the game look ugly with that.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

deband? it has no effects ony me end, i ama using other effect with reshade : HDR, lumasharpen,clarity,vibrance,colourness, technicolor ,etc but honestly deband is not even working unless i move up the slider effect but the game look ugly with that.

Hmm.. that is strange. I am using with default settings and the difference is very noticable = no more ugly, gradient skybox.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Deband definitly does have an effect and it can be seen on PG when looking st the desert. You will notice it becomes much more bland and less detailed. As for spotting, the issue occurres when aircraft at distance, pixel dots, are blended into the background by the deband filter in reshade.

Any antialiasing filters will also causes issues as they cause blueing around the edges, again causing the distant aircraft to fade away and be much less defined. I suggest you look at both the desert floor and distant aircraft dots and turn the reshade filters on and off to see the difference they can cause with target spotting.

After my last update from v1.18 because of the missing textures, I have some shutters all over the caucasus map whenever I fly at low altitude (even in area without buildings etc). At the moment I cant use this mod.

You shouldn't then

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Deband definitly does have an effect and it can be seen on PG when looking st the desert. You will notice it becomes much more bland and less detailed. As for spotting, the issue occurres when aircraft at distance, pixel dots, are blended into the background by the deband filter in reshade.

Any antialiasing filters will also causes issues as they cause blueing around the edges, again causing the distant aircraft to fade away and be much less defined. I suggest you look at both the desert floor and distant aircraft dots and turn the reshade filters on and off to see the difference they can cause with target spotting.

That is probably the case if deband is the only shader used with Reshade. I also use LumaSharpen, Clarity and Vibrance combined with in-game settings for antialiasing (MSAA *2 and SSAA *1,5) and I honestly don't see any problems with target spotting or quality of terrain textures.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

You are funny! :megalol:

I just want to say something special must have been changed after v1.18 that depress the performance:music_whistling:

But you are right. :smartass:

nope, hasn't

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

OPF missing textures

Hi,

I'm playing Operation Piercing Fury campaign, with Mustang's latest terrain V1.18,

and I get some missing textures, on bunkers and command posts for example.

I suppose if it's original textures - it's not OPF's issue then.

Known issue??

Thanks!!

Callsign   SETUP