When a group goes into RTB because of the last waypoint reached, the controller will not react anymore to any new route command.

This is a really annoying thing. New spawned groups with no waypoints, will immediately return to base and won't react to anything, when a route is not specified within microseconds!

Would the ED dev team consider this as an improvement point for the SIM to be reworked?

So when a group goes into RTB, and the units have no damage, that the group would still listen to new commands given?

Not sure if this is a bug, but it is a very annoying feature of DCS.

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

Hi Flight control, this is not a bug and has always been this way. We will ask the team about it, give us some time, as you can imagine the team are very busy at the moment.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I mean, I really don't want to be a pain. I can image the RTB process is not so easy to deal with, especially with multiple planes involved where one is damaged and the other is not. I guess also that this is old logic in the sim. So, there is no real hurry, but there are many things like this which could be improved. There are other things too ...

[/TABLE]

*EDIT*

I thought this was related to a similar problem I was having issuing commands to units that become unresponsive using Combined Arms. As I've done more testing this afternoon, it doesn't seem to be the same issue. So, I've deleted this comment.

My problems persist but I'll post in another forum/thread that is more relevant.

Edited by JLX

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Turns out I suck at replicating it because the spawned flight was accepting its new route.

give_task_after_RTB.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hi Grimes, let me try to resimulate this myself :-) It can be it is something else then, or the type of object. I am having this at the moment with helicopters.

Maybe it is the command or the method that I use that is wrong. I'll have a view at your simulation mission.

thanks for helping out.

[/TABLE]

Turns out I suck at replicating it because the spawned flight was accepting its new route.

Hi Grimes,

I think I found the issue now playing with your test mission.

The group controller does not react right after the group got activated.

See your test mission added with the change.

It also occurs when you spawn a new group and right after that give it commands.

It seems the controller has some "delay" time in reacting.

I don't think this will be an easy solve for the ED team.

I guess we will have to live with this side effect in DCS.

What's your opinion on this side effect?

FC

side note:

What would however be extremely interesting is to know in what state or task the controller is at. Why is there no GetTask() method in DCS?

If this would be possible, if only an "indication" could be given what the controller is controlling, that would be a great feature to have.

Shall i open a new request for that?

give_task_after_RTB-Sven.miz

[/TABLE]

Its a very specific bug that has not one but two workarounds.

1. Delay assigning the task however much is required.

2. Embed the task into the table of the spawning group. Obviously won't work for group activation, but anything that gets dynamically spawned in would. IMO this is the best practice anyways.

No need to make a thread on Controller.getTask(). It is an already requested function.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum