Razbam Teasing CH-53 Sea Stallion?? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #11
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
That's interesting, did the German Armed Forces also field the CH-53E (Super Stallion). Because according to Wikipedia it actually has 1.8 times the carrying capacity of the "lighter" Ch-53 versions...
You're right, Germany is just using a modified D-version.

Now the question is: Which variant is RAZBAM developing?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #12
drPhibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
This beast has three turbine engines (turboshaft this case), plus the APU. And that's a helicopter...
OT, but so does the EH/AW101. And the Mil V-12 had four (although that hardly counts; twin rotors = cheating).
drPhibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:17 PM   #13
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
I can't imagine this is for anything other than an AI asset to support their ships. RAZBAM has a ton on its plate already, adding in yet another module to active development when they've got 5 on this list already, none of those finished, and a sixth on "indefinite hold", seems farfetched to me.
Well, have you seen VEAOs road map? RAZBAMs is small in comparison

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #14
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
The modules I'm referring to are their active development list, I've deliberately not noted roadmap aircraft as they require no personnel to work on. Once they do start drawing a significant enough portion of personel, then they transfer to the active list.

With that said, VEAO clocks in at an absurd 9 modules under 'active' development, however in my defense, most of those modules represent a non-significant amount of dedicated resources, and thus the VEAO active roster is closer to 3, the Hawk, P-40F and Eurofighter Tranche 1 Block 5.

Last edited by Tirak; 06-14-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:09 PM   #15
ST0RM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
VEAO's roadmap... LOL
ST0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #16
Koty

Guys, slow down
..or you gonna get me a heart attack one of these days.
Koty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
OnlyforDCS
Veteran

Quote:
I can't imagine this is for anything other than an AI asset to support their ships. RAZBAM has a ton on its plate already, adding in yet another module to active development when they've got 5 on this list already, none of those finished, and a sixth on "indefinite hold", seems farfetched to me.
Ever heard of the phrase, everything is subject to change?

Seriously, I think Razbam is allowed to change or make additions to their roadmap just like everyone else. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that the Stallion has been pushed up the list. They might have come accross a treasure trove of data for the chopper that would allow them to put it on the list, or maybe they got a licence from Sikorsky to produce it for DCS, or whatever really, etc. etc.

Fact of the matter is we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, and I doubt that they would tease us with something which was already pitched by CptSmiley in another thread, if they were only going to do an AI model.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #18
Tirak

Quote:
Ever heard of the phrase, everything is subject to change?

Seriously, I think Razbam is allowed to change or make additions to their roadmap just like everyone else. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that the Stallion has been pushed up the list. They might have come accross a treasure trove of data for the chopper that would allow them to put it on the list, or maybe they got a licence from Sikorsky to produce it for DCS, or whatever really, etc. etc.

Fact of the matter is we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, and I doubt that they would tease us with something which was already pitched by CptSmiley in another thread, if they were only going to do an AI model.
I'm not talking about roadmap modules, I'm talking about modules currently receiving man hour time. It seems very strange that RAZBAM would want to swap out any of their current actives to dedicate on their first chopper.

Dropping the Mirage 2000C is out of the question as it's already released and needs avionics and FM updates. Swapping the AV-8B(NA) would be nonsensical after the major 6 month crunch they just did on it. The Mirage IIICJ and the MiG-19P are complimentary modules and will boost each other in sales, so scrapping one is not really and option, and the MiG-19P team was brought on specifically for that module. Finally the Super Tucano is in such an advanced stage in development that ditching it after so much time was put into it seems completely absurd from a financial standpoint.

None of the current active development modules are in a position where dropping them would make sense. So are they bringing on another team? I can't imagine that is a financially viable thing to do before they put out their AV-8B module.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
OnlyforDCS
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not talking about roadmap modules, I'm talking about modules currently receiving man hour time. It seems very strange that RAZBAM would want to swap out any of their current actives to dedicate on their first chopper.

Dropping the Mirage 2000C is out of the question as it's already released and needs avionics and FM updates. Swapping the AV-8B(NA) would be nonsensical after the major 6 month crunch they just did on it. The Mirage IIICJ and the MiG-19P are complimentary modules and will boost each other in sales, so scrapping one is not really and option, and the MiG-19P team was brought on specifically for that module. Finally the Super Tucano is in such an advanced stage in development that ditching it after so much time was put into it seems completely absurd from a financial standpoint.

None of the current active development modules are in a position where dropping them would make sense. So are they bringing on another team? I can't imagine that is a financially viable thing to do before they put out their AV-8B module.
Why do you think that the chopper would be moved to the top of the list? Who said anything about dropping modules? And finally if all the 3d modeling work for example (or any other work that needs to be done) is pretty much complete on some or all of those modules, why do you think that the people responsible for that work can't continue or start work on something else?
Old 06-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #20
Tirak

Quote:
Why do you think that the chopper would be moved to the top of the list? Who said anything about dropping modules? And finally if all the 3d modeling work for example (or any other work that needs to be done) is pretty much complete on some or all of those modules, why do you think that the people responsible for that work can't continue or start work on something else?
Because it represents a man hour commitment. RAZBAM has soft committed on an AV-8B+, F-15E, A-7 and A-6 module with the caveat that they will come after the Hornet has released and the ground radar code is given to third parties. That code is going to take some time to get figured out and integrated properly, so the first of the RadarBAM aircraft will be a steep commitment in time and manpower.

In addition, the community has wanted those modules badly, and are extremely vocal about that. Delaying the release of the RadarBAM aircraft in favor of a heavy lift chopper, when most of the support systems to make those choppers a viable and interesting asset to the widest possible audience, would be a misstep, and not supported by the majority of the community. For reference, i would like to point out BST's announcement of an AH-1G Cobra, that received such a negative response, the company pushed to get permission to produce and AH-1W in order to placate customers.