Yak-52 Discussion Thread - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #141
Paradox

Reputation power: 9
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Having had a share in a 52 and sampled the Chang I went with the Chang.

In my case I removed the 285Hp Housai and replaced with 400hp M14PF (A common mod in the US and Aus) Chang doesn't have an inverted Oil/Fuel system like the 52. That coupled with fully retractable main gear and fully flushed riveted skin makes the Chang a whole lot faster, way better ROC and way better sustained turn performance. I get 180Kts IAS on the deck at max power. 52 Roll rate is better but thats about it. Chang handling is imo significantly better wrt Control Harmony and Max lift "on the buffet' type flying. The depth of the Buzz and buffet in the Chang is great in comparison to the Knife edge buffet handling in the 52. The extra 40 litres internal fuel in the Chang makes X country quite reasonable. Cockpit is way nicer in the Chang with a stick that sits comfortably at knee height rather than at Chin height as it does in the Yak.

Also equipped with "Shinning Dragon MK I" Light strike fighter site specially developed for the Multi Role Chinese Aircraft (MRCA) to swat pesky Yaks ... Outer ring subtends Yak at 500Feet range

Why does the ADI have the dirt side up?
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #142
bbrz

Reputation power: 7
bbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
check e.g. posts 96-97 in this thread.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #143
IvanK

Reputation power: 41
IvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to allIvanK is a name known to all

Quote:
Because its in Australia on the bottom of the planet
IvanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #144
Paradox

Reputation power: 9
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Because its in Australia on the bottom of the planet
Ohhhh yeah that makes sense thank you!
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:23 PM   #145
jrsteensen

Reputation power: 8
jrsteensen will become famous soon enoughjrsteensen will become famous soon enoughjrsteensen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ohhhh yeah that makes sense thank you!
jrsteensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #146
Trueno

Reputation power: 5
Trueno is on a distinguished road

What a lot of "gamers" here...!!!!
Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #147
archangel1973uk

Reputation power: 0
archangel1973uk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroGimp View Post
New DCS flier here, currently learning the F-5E Tiger II (awesome fun).

Will be interesting to see the Yak-52 in DCS, as I own one in real life - fly it in aerobatics, formation, and formation aerobatics.

Video below is from the Fall, 1st 2 elements are me flying right and left wing during formation loops (I normally lead), 3rd sequence is flying line abreast (hard), 4th is a multi-figure airshow sequence with me as lead, you can see wingmen in formation mirrors.

https://youtu.be/ABqWkvOn2OI

The -52 is an excellent sportplane, an effective trainer, affordable, easy to maintain, tough as nails, and the sound from the Vedenyev M-14P is unbeatable.

'Gimp
AcroGimp?!! Nice... that's gotta be John! Welcome to DCS!
Condor said you wanted to come fly with us sometime?... what happened?! Text or email me.

Cheers, Limey
archangel1973uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #148
Stratos

Reputation power: 24
Stratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudknocker View Post
Just remember the guys who did that in '92 got shot down by Georgian SA-2!
What are you talking about?
Old 02-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #149
AcroGimp

Reputation power: 1
AcroGimp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel1973uk View Post
AcroGimp?!! Nice... that's gotta be John! Welcome to DCS!
Condor said you wanted to come fly with us sometime?... what happened?! Text or email me.

Cheers, Limey
Hey Limey!

Yeah, I'll drop you a line, finally getting back after ACL reconstruction surgery.

'Gimp

Belsimtek F-5E Tiger II / NTTR 2.5
AcroGimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #150
vali_grad

Reputation power: 3
vali_grad is on a distinguished road

release it !! early buy !!! until tucano will be modeled by razbam, YAK will be an awesome alternative hoping for aerobatic tutorials/qualifications so the mass of flyers know what they're talking about when burning a subject ))
i5 5600 @ 10.512 Ghz quantum cooled, 1050ti 15G thunder edition, 16 GVram @ 0.12 Mhz, seadoor sshd, gigabyte mobo with best audio capacitors, win10 pro 64bit/s/s because.., thrustmaster warpig and tail feather, benq flat 24 inch led because size does not matter - only true perspective, DIY tracknoir, some american dcs modules I can afford atm
vali_grad is offline   Reply With Quote