F-16

SparxOne

I don't know what it is about the F16, I like it's look. And it's the world's first true multirole fighter. But it doesn't exactly set the world on fire, not for me anyway. The bubble canopy is cool I guess, but TBH flying it is not going to be really challenging or difficult, except in combat where of course it will excel. Flying the Falcon in that other sim no one is supposed to mention, never really felt "real" for me I guess. I blame the fly by wire sytems. For some reason I hate the flight models of FBW aircraft. They are not "hands on" I guess, though I do enjoy Razbam's Mirage for some reason.

TBH I think the Tomcat is probably my favorite plane. It's huge, powerful, fast, and there is no digital FBW installed :) Though I guess there is some kind of FCS system like in the F15. Best of all, unlike the F16, it will most probably arrive to DCS this year! :D

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

However, I believe that, for example, Eagle Dynamics, Leatherneck Studios, or RAZBAM is well-qualified to attempt the development of the F-16, based on their success with their own high-fidelity products.

I would prefer to see an F-16 from ED before a third party dev. No chances with the Viper, please.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

DCS does need F-16C module. Dynamics of F-16 are pretty well known, so having accurate flight model with accurate FBW Laws, and Advanced Systems Modeling, would probably not infringe on any classified data. But the radar in Block 50 and highter, ECM, radios,and NATO Link16 are kind of classified. SniperXR tgt pod is also classified. How AIM-9X works with radar and JHMQS is also classified. AIM-120C(8/9) and higher are way more capable in real life then what is modeled in AIM-120C by DCS.

Older (1989-1990) Desert Storm era Block40/42 or even classic 1980's Block 30 with APG-63 and Lantirn could be doable.

Oh yeah, the good old times - flying the F-16 in falcon 4.0 with the dynamic campaign... almost ten years ago.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

DCS does need F-16C module. Dynamics of F-16 are pretty well known, so having accurate flight model with accurate FBW Laws, and Advanced Systems Modeling, would probably not infringe on any classified data. But the radar in Block 50 and highter, ECM, radios,and NATO Link16 are kind of classified. SniperXR tgt pod is also classified. How AIM-9X works with radar and JHMQS is also classified. AIM-120C(8/9) and higher are way more capable in real life then what is modeled in AIM-120C by DCS.

Older (1989-1990) Desert Storm era Block40/42 or even classic 1980's Block 30 with APG-63 and Lantirn could be doable.

Block 10 and higher would have classified equipment. 1980/90 block 25 to 42 would be just as classified. Classified systems should not affect the creation of a F-16 module, if that is the case, how are we getting an F/A-18? Additionally, what does the AIM-120 capability, AN/AAQ-33, AIM-9X or JHMCS have to do with it as well? Lastly, block 30/32 never got LANTIRN (AN/AAQ-13 and AN/AAQ-14) AFAIK, they carry AN/AAQ-28.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Again ?

Seriously, F-18, F-16, F-14 all in DCS would feel like I'm in simming heaven.

Yup. F-16, dynamic campaigns, accurate flight dynamics and missile behavior, accurate AI tactics and several different theaters with stable and lag-free online for anyone to enjoy for the price of $5. True simming heaven.

Yup. F-16, dynamic campaigns, accurate flight dynamics and missile behavior, accurate AI tactics and several different theaters with stable and lag-free online for anyone to enjoy for the price of $5. True simming heaven.

To the wishlist....:music_whistling: actually none of them of short / medium time.

I have purchased some modules but my fire hasn't really been lit yet. Pretty sure the F-16C or the Saab Gripen would do that for me.

I also think the pending integration between 1.5 and 2.0 will be very important to someone like me, who follows DCS with interest, but really have not jumped in yet. I would like to see the multiple versions situation sorted into a single unified version first.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And there's no single word for 3rd party dev about F-16 module plan AFAIK. If ED already planned to make certain F-16 blok and they've shut the door for other dev to make it, at least allow the other blok to be developed by 3rd party. I'd gladly pay for F-16A from 3rd party and Blok 40 or 50 from ED. We are talking about F-16 here, a very very very popular fighter. It'd make alot of money....

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I think ED will make an F-16 module, once the development of a Ground Radar is completed for the Hornet.

The Ground Radar is one of the most important systems in the F-16.

I do not have much knowledge about the differences of the Ground Radar between the Falcon & the Hornet,

but once the technology is developed, I am sure ED will be able to adapt it to a F-16 module, if they plan to make it in the future.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

I think ED will make an F-16 module, once the development of a Ground Radar is completed for the Hornet.

The Ground Radar is one of the most important systems in the F-16.

I do not have much knowledge about the differences of the Ground Radar between the Falcon & the Hornet,

but once the technology is developed, I am sure ED will be able to adapt it to a F-16 module, if they plan to make it in the future.

Then isn't the F-18 the key because it has ground radar? ;)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Then isn't the F-18 the key because it has ground radar? ;)
Maybe!

OR

ED might not go ahead with the idea altogether, due to unknown reasons.

Who Knows.......... :)

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

I am sure the statement would be something like "When we have something to say, you will hear it."

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: