Won't lift off

franx

Latest crash track attached. What am I doing wrong????

I watched the track. First, you're trying to take off with 2 MiG-29's just over your head but I guess that's not the reason why you can't leave the runway :) As for the reason... just go and read about Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Yak-42 crash.

Long story short hit Right Control + Enter to see the status of input controls and everything will become obvious. Stick axis seem to be fine, throttle also but you're making a run still keeping brakes not fully released. I guess you're resting your feet on the pedals. At least it kind of looks like this. Might be it's not an issue for other planes as they have enough thrust to overcome the brakes power - especially if you're using AB during TO which A-10 obviously doesn't have.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Your wheel brakes are definitely all the way on. Something must have changed in your control configuration that now has your wheel brakes assigned to something that is keeping them on. Not only is that going to prevent you from reaching rotation speed, but the brakes are going to resist the aircraft tipping backward just because of the wheels not being able to roll freely. Figure out what your wheel brakes got assigned to, fix that, and you should be back in business.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Latest crash track attached. What am I doing wrong????

Thanks for the track. :thumbup:

Yup, I agree with the others. Everything looked fine except for the wheelbrakes. At some point before takeoff, they were on 100%, but most of the time they were still at a quarter to a third of braking power.

In a second view of the track, I took control at the last third of the runway, made sure the brakes were fully released, and was able to take off just fine.

Edit:

just go and read about Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Yak-42 crash.

I never heard about that crash before. What a tragedy. Hard to imagine how a pilot, even if they lied about their type rating, would step on the brakes during takeoff roll, that just doesn't make any sense. In any case, RIP all who perished. :(

Edited by Yurgon

Guys, MANY THANKS AND KUDOS. It was the #$@^&*! brakes. No problem lifting off now. You saved me beaucoup $$$ at the psychiatrist. ;)

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Glad you got it sorted out. :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.