58Kh and 25MPU guidance bug.

deathz0r

I fly the frogfoot a lot, almost exclusively. Ever since the last beta update, whenever I fire any anti radiation missile on a sam dense area, they are now tracking whatever they choose to track, specially the longer range sam regardless of what lock is active at the moment of launch.

Example: airfield with an S300 and a Tor close by. If you lock the tor first and launch 2 25MPUs and then launch 2 more 25MPUs on the S300, you will notice how the first two go for the S300.

Happened to me on an online game. Sochi was taken by some red units and they spawned an OSA right next to the runway, however, there was a friendly HAWK about 1NM from it. I launched a ripple at the OSA and the missiles went straight for the hawk. Landing me a blue on blue kill and a penalty.

Is this a new intended behavior? if so then what's the point of locking signals with the Phantasmagoria?

Has anybody else had this issue? I believe it is a very annoying bug.

Additionally, it seems that to prevent the lobbing of the past, the models got kindof borked, altitude really doesn't affect much of the missiles speed or range, if you launch a 58kh from up high it will basically crash dive and the follow a somewhat similar fly-path and hitting the target at roughly the same velocity as if it was launched from the same distance but at a much lower altitude.

I understand that there are other projects that are more profitable money wise, but remember that the froggy is the the gateway to paid DCS modules and having it stuck in an unpolished state doesn't do much good.

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered I had a track that exposes this behavior. I was on the hoggit training server and was able to replicate the kh-58 side of this guidance 'bug'.

I'n the video you can clearly see I targeted the SA-15 (Tor) and both missiles switched guidance for the SA-8 (OSA), one of them was destroyed by other sams and one found its way to the SA-8.

https://streamable.com/52148

Something similar happens with the 25MPU when there is a stronger signal present in the SAM-Site. I don't footage of that though.

Edited by deathz0r
Typo