To preprder or not to preorder? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 10:07 PM   #11
Phantom453

Reputation power: 11
Phantom453 has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom453 has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom453 has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom453 has a spectacular aura about

I'd like to take advantage the pre-order, but there is no info or option about purchasing the F/A-18C and new Nimitz-class carrier together as a package?

From the "DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ" thread, which was only updated yesterday: (12 Jan 1

"Q: Will the Hornet come with a new, highly-detailed Nimitz-class aircraft carrier with new features and functionality never seen before in DCS World?
A: These will be two separate modules, but we plan to provide a bundle deal that includes both. We currently plan a less-detailed version that will be a free part of DCS World."

So will this bundle-deal be available during the pre-order? Thanks for any info.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #12
ickyline

Reputation power: 0
ickyline is on a distinguished road

Just a question how many time this pre purchase still available? I would like to wait until next month to take it with this offer?
Old 01-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #13
cthulhu68

Reputation power: 8
cthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nicecthulhu68 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
The Module also includes US$ 16 in bonus points, in addition to the US$ 20 discount, that you could use on the future towards the purchase of Campaigns
That's strange. I thought you don't get bonus on any reduced price module.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #14
Revelation

Reputation power: 26
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickyline View Post
Just a question how many time this pre purchase still available? I would like to wait until next month to take it with this offer?
You will most likely be fine waiting until next month.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #15
Cann0nF0dd3r

Reputation power: 3
Cann0nF0dd3r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickyline View Post
USUALLY until the early access releases.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #16
Mower
Veteran

Reputation power: 125
Mower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud ofMower has much to be proud of

I’m waiting as money is tite right now.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:29 PM   #17
MonnieRock

Reputation power: 17
MonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really niceMonnieRock is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock

Hello Everyone,

I am waiting.

Reason:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:
A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL
A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA
AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod
Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
Link-16
AWW-13 Datalink Pod
Weapons:
AGM-88C HARM
AGM-45A/B Shrike
AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon
AGM-84E SLAM
AGM-84H SLAM-ER
AGM-65E Maverick
AGM-65F/G Maverick
AGM-154A JSOW
AGM-154C JSOW
Walleye I ER/DL
Walleye II ER/DL
GBU-10 Paveway II
GBU-12 Paveway II
GBU-16 Paveway II
GBU-24B/B Paveway III
GBU-38 JDAM
GBU-31 JDAM
GBU-32 JDAM
AIM-9X Sidewinder
AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine
Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine
Mk-77 Fire Bomb

Decoys:
ADM-141 TALD
GEN-X
Once those features are confirmed, implemented and, working correctly, that is the Hornet I will gladly pay for. Could be weeks, months, years.

Also, no mention of what DRM the F/A-18C will have

I have been waiting since Jane's F-18 (1999), I can wait longer while enjoying a full featured A-10C

Happy Simming,
Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | i7-4960x @ 5ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | EVGA TitanX Superclocked w/ EK Waterblock | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 1TB in RAID 0 | Lepa 1600w PSU | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/20cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution

Last edited by MonnieRock; 01-12-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:47 PM   #18
Airj247

Reputation power: 3
Airj247 will become famous soon enoughAirj247 will become famous soon enough

I think the good part about this is that we all have a lot of time to decide. So no need to rush buying it right now. (especially if you can't afford it)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:52 AM   #19
Joker69°

Reputation power: 0
Joker69° is on a distinguished road

As soon as I have read abought the pre-purchase of this "flying dream" I decided in the time of 1ms to buy the module.
I've got a lot of respect for money but even more respect for people... expecially for those people who work hard for so many time to create this level of simulation.
So thank You ED Team.. go ahead to the objective.. release the new DCS 2.5 and work asap for F/A-18 release date...
Old 01-13-2018, 12:54 AM   #20
Revelation

Reputation power: 26
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Once those features are confirmed, implemented and, working correctly, that is the Hornet I will gladly pay for. Could be weeks, months, years.
It will be a while and I wish you luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
Also, no mention of what DRM the F/A-18C will have
All new releases will use the same type of DRM that the Harrier uses. That was announced at the time the Harrier was released into EA.