Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 416 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 06:58 AM   #4151
Oceandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by levanoga View Post
-1 for kill messages

It also makes IR snapshots a viable tactic where you just launch an IR missile at the enemy, go low or behind a hill and wait for the kill message.
Precisely what I did 2 days ago lol.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #4152
Shadow KT

lol what is happening to blue. I haven't played in a week or so as I am busy. At one point I was considering joining red.... and now blue is done for If they survive another day I' ll be able to help out

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #4153
lemoen

Is there something we can do to help you guys analyze the performance? There was pretty bad warping last night when the server had just restarted. Also I was flying from kutaisi and had pretty terrible framerates over ambrolauri farp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lemoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #4154
microvax

I dunno I like the kill messages off.

Both for a2a and a2g it adds the amount of uncertainty you would have in a combat scenario and makes the whole thing more exciting imho.

There is enough servers with kill messages on and as said before there is the online stats.

Also if you really fancy kill confirmations, ask your GCI, he can give you nicknames.

Blueflag imho is the team based server individual pride and such should not stay in the way of creating an enviroment where collective effort to collect and distribute information is needed.

I cant say that I dont fancy it myself in a2a from time to time but imho blueflag is aboute more then just a2a pewpew.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #4155
Frostie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by microvax View Post
I dunno I like the kill messages off.

Both for a2a and a2g it adds the amount of uncertainty you would have in a combat scenario and makes the whole thing more exciting imho.

There is enough servers with kill messages on and as said before there is the online stats.

Also if you really fancy kill confirmations, ask your GCI, he can give you nicknames.

Blueflag imho is the team based server individual pride and such should not stay in the way of creating an enviroment where collective effort to collect and distribute information is needed.

I cant say that I dont fancy it myself in a2a from time to time but imho blueflag is aboute more then just a2a pewpew.
I agree with you Microvax and most here on their view on why no kill messages but sometimes fear is a weapon and so is morale, take down a feared opponent and morale goes up, seeing your fighters getting done by a known F/A-10 pilot and fear ensues. For me it adds immersion and rivalry within the community rather than just another black trail in the sky or fighter rushing past my parachute, was that AI, does it matter. At the end of the day we're not doing this for the sake of our country and futures we're doing this for enjoyment with and against others, I like to know who that pilot is that gave me a good fight or wrecked my base, buddies and high tailed it home. There was a time in Blue Flag were awards were given for the guys that drove their team on or instilled fear in your team, everyone voted on this and much respect was given, those days were more enjoyable.
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #4156
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
I agree with you Microvax and most here on their view on why no kill messages but sometimes fear is a weapon and so is morale, take down a feared opponent and morale goes up, seeing your fighters getting done by a known F/A-10 pilot and fear ensues. For me it adds immersion and rivalry within the community rather than just another black trail in the sky or fighter rushing past my parachute, was that AI, does it matter. At the end of the day we're not doing this for the sake of our country and futures we're doing this for enjoyment with and against others, I like to know who that pilot is that gave me a good fight or wrecked my base, buddies and high tailed it home. There was a time in Blue Flag were awards were given for the guys that drove their team on or instilled fear in your team, everyone voted on this and much respect was given, those days were more enjoyable.
Exactly my thoughts!
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #4157
dedde01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
You've said a lot of beatiful things, but I think the problem here is different: how can u be sure that nobody takes advantage of the chat in the engagements at long distances, maybe shooting a FOX2 when is 10 miles out from the bandit, and then waiting for the splash report in the chat to leave the valleys to resume his flight??

What you've said would be acceptable if the chat had a built-in delay, and also don't forget that you have a magic that can give you callsigns if you want, you can ask in the chat to the enemies to see who splashed you.

I think that in a 2 weeks online campaign server, everybody has to cooperate, no matter the name, the kill ratio ecc..., u wanna win for your side, you establish a relationship with ur buddies, you act like a real squad to pursue a goal. I think that's the spirit everybody has to have when joining BlueFlag

DCS MODULES: A10C Warthog ; F15C Eagle ; Mirage 2000k ; AV-8B N/A Harrier; F/A-18C Hornet

Mb:............Asus PRIME Z370-A ;
CPU:..........Intel Core i5 8600K @4.5 GHz ;
GPU:..........Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8Gb ;
RAM:..........Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 @3200MHz;
DCS SSD:....Samsung 850 EVO 256Gb ;
MONITOR:..Samsung 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz;

TrackIr 5; Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X; Turtle Beach PX22;

dedde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #4158
Shadow KT

some better statistics can also fix your worries

Old 01-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #4159
Shadow KT

10:40Z Reporting the gadget site is down, Internal Server Error 500

Old 01-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #4160
RedBat07

Maybe even better its down,.. I have hard time concentrating on work when checking web page and growing gray hair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedBat07 is offline   Reply With Quote