Permanent Static Noise - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Axelerator

Reputation power: 6
Axelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the rough
Default Permanent Static Noise

I've taken the C-101 for a little ride and was surprised to see that even after two years the constant static noise in the background is still present. It's weird because the noise seems to have no specific origin. I've tried turning off radio equipments to see if it solves the problem but it didn't. It is always there in the background, be it on the ground at 0 knots or in flight. I hope we're gonna get rid of it in the next update.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #2
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 108
Vibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to behold

We have it identified and is in our to-do list. Meanwhile, you can pull out the VOR circuit breaker in the primary 28V DC bus.
Our coder is busy with more urgent issues, but we'll try to have this one solved for next update, I agree it's a bit annoying, though it only appears at certain locations and altitudes as it has to do with noise to signal ratio.

Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
kontiuka
ED Translator

Reputation power: 17
kontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nice

I've never noticed this.
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #4
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Vibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to beholdVibora is a splendid one to behold

You can observe it if you fly the C-101EB takeoff quick start mission in Caucasus map.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
Axelerator

Reputation power: 6
Axelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the roughAxelerator is a jewel in the rough

Awesome, glad to hear the problem has been sorted out! By the way, I tried the C-101 in VR and I must say the cockpit looks stunning. It's neatly modeled and gives a great sense of depth in virtual reality.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #6
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelerator View Post
Awesome, glad to hear the problem has been sorted out! By the way, I tried the C-101 in VR and I must say the cockpit looks stunning. It's neatly modeled and gives a great sense of depth in virtual reality.
Glad to hear that Axelerator and thanks for the compliment. Merci. Happy landings!

Old 01-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #7
Zimmerdylan

Reputation power: 15
Zimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really nice

I noticed this issue today. I accidentally hit F9 and it just went away.
Very strange........
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #8
Vibora
ED Testers Team

That must have been a coincidence, it has nothing to do with F9. The issue is solved, but you didn't get an 1.5.8 update from ED since then.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #9
Zimmerdylan

Reputation power: 15
Zimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really niceZimmerdylan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibora View Post
That must have been a coincidence, it has nothing to do with F9. The issue is solved, but you didn't get an 1.5.8 update from ED since then.

Yes....I could find no connection between the two occurrences so I assumed it was coincidence. Just made the comment.
This did not happen in 1.5, it was in 2.0. I never fly the 1.5 map. Oh......but it is up to date by the way.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #10
Vibora
ED Testers Team

Same applies to 2.2.0, the update that ED released was a bit old so it doesn't incorporate our latest fixes. Check it in next update.