No 'Receive Mode' in Mig-21? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
Lixma 06

Reputation power: 17
Lixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really nice
Default No 'Receive Mode' in Mig-21?

Just tried Mig-21 online and discovered there's no 'receive mode' control to filter out the AWACS spam on the radio.

Any chance we could get one in a future update?
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #2
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 25
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Just switch the radio channel?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
Kang

Reputation power: 4
Kang is a jewel in the roughKang is a jewel in the roughKang is a jewel in the roughKang is a jewel in the roughKang is a jewel in the roughKang is a jewel in the rough

Indeed, I'm quite sure there are no plans for that. The receive mode switch on the FC3 aircraft is a bit of a workaround for them not having properly operable radios and thus you'd have to hear every single radio transmission on the whole map.
Either switch the channel, as QuiGon suggested, or switch off the radio entirely when you need some peace and quiet.

And yes, I realise that on an AWACS or GCI frequency, especially online, there is a lot of chatter and it can actually get a little strenuous to just figure out which information is meant for you, but that's what good old radio is like.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:53 PM   #4
Lixma 06

Reputation power: 17
Lixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really niceLixma 06 is just really nice

Ahhh....I didn't realise it was an FC3-only thing.

Makes sense, thanks chaps.

So the decision is - do I turn off the radio or accidentally shoot down my AWACS?
Lixma 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 25
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixma 06 View Post
Ahhh....I didn't realise it was an FC3-only thing.

Makes sense, thanks chaps.

So the decision is - do I turn off the radio or accidentally shoot down my AWACS?
I would recommend to just turn off the radio or switch channel. Shooting down friendlies is a bad option, especially in MP where you can get banned for that.
Or even better: Keep it on, listen to the calls and get some easy kills in the process

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote