Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

When is the map for WW2 finish ?? This year, maybe ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That looks very nice. Is that a temporary runway surface?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Looking good! Can't wait to see aerial shots. But I have to ask (if you're allowed to comment), is the Spit as hard to fly as Yo-Yo implied it would be back when it was announced? I'm just getting into this sim but I like a good challenge!

Whoa, that looks great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Seconds before crash landing at new airfield. :)

Can't wait to see more!

Edit: Off topic but since it was brought up... Are there any plans to create a damage model for the SMT Cover. It would be pretty awesome if we could place FOB's with SMT covers in the mission editor similar to landing pads for heli's.

Edited by Whiplash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

• ED Team
Looking good! Can't wait to see aerial shots. But I have to ask (if you're allowed to comment), is the Spit as hard to fly as Yo-Yo implied it would be back when it was announced? I'm just getting into this sim but I like a good challenge!

From my point of view Spitfire (in its current configuration) is very wieldy to fly. But I didn't try it in a combat yet.

1944 Map Scale

What is the end goal for the 1944 Map?

From memory I think on release it will stretch as far north as south London. Are there any future plans to increase the map northwards to include areas of East Anglian where the US 8th Air Force had the majority of their bomber and fighter bases or even include areas of Lincolnshire where the RAF based its bombers?

Also will the map be extended east to include Germany so long range heavy bomber missions can be flown from the UK?

Jacks

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

From memory I think on release it will stretch as far north as south London. Are there any future plans to increase the map northwards to include areas of East Anglian where the US 8th Air Force had the majority of their bomber and fighter bases or even include areas of Lincolnshire where the RAF based its bombers?
From memory what RRG initially aimed was only a limited Normandy map, no England at all, and no Germany of course. What ED plans now isn't stated but in Wags "clues" about what they asked for info, what isn't any statement at all.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

We are talking about Normandy map for a start. With potentionally expanding to Europe 44-45 from D-Day till end of war.

When you say just Normandy, what does that mean?

Cherbourg to Caen? It better go further east. And how far south will it go?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

does look good! great things ahead.....:thumbup:.......:pilotfly:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Spit and map look great. Can we have that mirror on the stang eventually?

maybe even two?

media-388280.jpg?itok=kdfbh_2h

Nice pic by the way :D :thumbup:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
When you say just Normandy, what does that mean?

Cherbourg to Caen? It better go further east. And how far south will it go?

Normandy means Normandy as a region of France. With a lot of airfields.

Not just Cherbourg to Caen D-Day beaches.