Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - Nevada - Round 1

Ciribob

really like the new stuff. comms arrays, viggen and jtac is really fun.

but still the a10a is such a weak ground pounder compared to the f5e. would it be to op to restrict the mavericks to two per ship if thats possible?

su25 has also guided rockets.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on moving ctld.JTAC_smokeON_RED (& BLUE) to FALSE? The smoke really gives away that a JTAC is being used in the AO. Im all for a tac commander getting into the JTAC and firing smoke away, but automatically smoking the target its lasing just lets the other side know to start searching for a hmmwv.

Im really curious what REDFOR thinks about this as I have no idea how (or if) the SU25 can use a JTAC lase.

TJ

Not sure if it's possible within the CTLD script, but can individual JTAC units have this variable able to be toggled between different units? I can imagine it's helpful in situations where one side doesn't have a TacCom but still need a good way to spot targets, but if it could be switched off when a TacCom is available, that would give the side playing strategically a nice advantage.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

as soon as the airport defences kick in, espacially the vulcan, we had some very serious warping. barely playable. seems to me server performance dropped down quite alot.

would be very cool if ED could do there server stress testing on Blue Flag or something else the community loves to play. would be interesting to see what results they would get from it.

Edited by rogonaut

I notice a lot of Mig-21 pilots(via stream)are flying with "realistic ASP reticle''setting off. Isn't it possible to force it on via server side? I just thought that it would make more sense to have it on for a server like blue flag.

I notice a lot of Mig-21 pilots(via stream)are flying with "realistic ASP reticle''setting off. Isn't it possible to force it on via server side? I just thought that it would make more sense to have it on for a server like blue flag.
I fly with realistic on and it seems the server forces the reticle tracking, so I end up turning off the pipper or leaving it in gun mode.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have an issue with the kneeboard on the Viggen being completely blank? All mine shows is a bunch of pixels where there should be a map. I cant ever get to the page that shows the QNH.

Just want to see if this is a server issue or an issue on my side.

Does anyone else have an issue with the kneeboard on the Viggen being completely blank? All mine shows is a bunch of pixels where there should be a map. I cant ever get to the page that shows the QNH.

Just want to see if this is a server issue or an issue on my side.

I haven't flown red in two weeks or so. This last time the map was dominated they didn't reset colors, so it's been awhile. However, I can distinctly remember getting QNH settings for an airbase we were attacking.

I dunno if any thing has changed since then, so take this with a grain of salt.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't flown red in two weeks or so. This last time the map was dominated they didn't reset colors, so it's been awhile. However, I can distinctly remember getting QNH settings for an airbase we were attacking.

I dunno if any thing has changed since then, so take this with a grain of salt.

TJ

I'm pretty sure nothing has changed, TJ. TJ is right though. If you take your take off altitude and find the difference between that and your target altitude, then you can set your altimeter for the expected target on takeoff. For example, you take off Creech and want to attack Nellis. You find Creech is at 500m above sea level and Nellis is 300m above sea level (F10 Map has specific info, these altitudes are arbitrary). So, while landed you would increase your altitude to 200m; while at Creech you are 200m above Nellis. This works well unless you're attacking a FARP or playing with dynamic weather (as it effect local barometric pressure, on which QNH is reliant). Another "eyeball" technique is to set your hud to the radar altimeter, find a point that looks co-altitude your intended target, fly level and set your altimeter to match the hud. This is not ideal however as most of the targets are not on level land. You could also probably do some recon in the ME or F10 map to find specific alts for Farps, etc.

Is it not feasible to expect the Harrier to be included in NTTR Blue Flag once it releases next month?

I think with no a10c, it would be crazy to add the Harrier with all its fancy pods.

I wouldn't mind bringing more tech in Nevada.

TJ

I think with no a10c, it would be crazy to add the Harrier with all its fancy pods.

I wouldn't mind bringing more tech in Nevada.

TJ

You could restrict the TGPs and JDAMs to bring it more in line with the other units available. It would be a good counter to the Viggen. Maybe replace the A-10A? If not the A-10 could use a pair of Mavs.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply it should be added to start another balance discussion. I'm trying to figure out where it will be available and if I should purchase Nevada or not. Blue Flag would be my preferred arena, but if it's not available on the current iteration I'll save my Nevada schmeckles for another...eternity, or whenever ED decides to merge DCS.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply it should be added to start another balance discussion. I'm trying to figure out where it will be available and if I should purchase Nevada or not. Blue Flag would be my preferred arena, but if it's not available on the current iteration I'll save my Nevada schmeckles for another...eternity, or whenever ED decides to merge DCS.

Dont worry about the balance discussion its naturally bound to your question. Bf on nevada is awesome if u ask me, if u can afford buy it:)

Mavs for the a10!

Dont worry about the balance discussion its naturally bound to your question. Bf on nevada is awesome if u ask me, if u can afford buy it:)

Mavs for the a10!

Yeah, being forced to dumb bomb and use rockets is good practice regardless!

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

hello,

As a gazelle owner, and because i have just bought Nevada, i have noticed that there was a discussion about the gazelle in Blue Flag there : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175262&page=393

i have noticed that the main argument against the introduction of the gazelle in Blue flag was :

"it has guided missile, it would announce the introduction of ka-50, which is way too moderm for BF"

i would like to underline that the gazelle comes in 3 different versions :

- "Mistral", A-A version with 4 stinger like missiles

- M, with 4 guided HOT-3 sub-sonic anti-tank missiles with a hard range limit of 4.2km ( =/= 12 supersonic laser guided Vikhr with a 10km range )

- L with a fixed 20mm gun and 8x68mm rockets.

Even if the A-A version is not welcomed in BF, even if the "M" version is too "modern" for BF, the L version is pretty much a smaller Huey with a smaller payload.

You could restrict the TGPs and JDAMs to bring it more in line with the other units available. It would be a good counter to the Viggen. Maybe replace the A-10A? If not the A-10 could use a pair of Mavs.

Agree completely. But then why do we have the A10A and not the C? I'd much rather have the C and restrict its loadouts. The clickable cockpit makes it worth it in my mind. But the server admins made the decision to stay with the A.

TJ

I'll be honest. I enjoy this version of BF on Nevada. Would I buy Nevada for it? Probably not.

Viggen is only red and F5 is only blue. Thus I have to commit to one or the other each round. Not as much fun.

There are also crazy stuttering issues. Nothing major but if they happen at a time when I'm low on the deck in the Viggen or chopper, I'm dead.

I'd probably wait. Although god only knows how much longer it's going to take for ED to fix 1.5.7...

TJ

Agree completely. But then why do we have the A10A and not the C? I'd much rather have the C and restrict its loadouts. The clickable cockpit makes it worth it in my mind. But the server admins made the decision to stay with the A.

TJ

Auto countermeasures are one significant reason, I’d say. I appreciate the pure 80s feel of the scenario, so it’s possible the Harrier in the form we’re getting it isn’t a great fit, but I’d trade mavs on the A-10 for the LGBs on the F-5. Don’t get me wrong, I love the GBUs, but they aren’t era correct and right now, it’s more efficient for a flight of F-5s to work a FARP with a JTAC than for the A-10s to love the mud.

That said, I love the NTTR version of BF. Even if it doesn’t change it’s still my favorite server, by far

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

The silhouette style of iff is absolutely necessary for simulating this era and would be really happy if it stays like this. There is enough mess around on other servers.

Agree completely. You could never share airframes on this server.

TJ