[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

In the last couple of days I worked with a former jet pilot and now airline pilot on the AoA effects for the M2KC, L39, F5E, Su25 and Su25T. Currently we are searching for pilots who have flown the other models or similar models. Our 'test pilot' also thinks that the G-Feeling effect is a bit to much since it hides some AoA related effects. He said that real pilots can feel if AoA is 15 or not. Thus, he advises to turn of the G-Feeling.

Overall he was really impressed/happy how SimShaker works and that most of the effects feel how they should.

Edited by f4l0

In the last couple of days I worked with a former jet pilot and now airline pilot on the AoA effects for the M2KC, L39, F5E, Su25 and Su25T. Currently we are searching for pilots how have flown the other models or similar models. Our 'test pilot' also thinks that the G-Feeling effect is a bit to much since it hides some AoA related effects. He said that real pilots can feel if AoA is 15 or not. Thus, he advises to turn of the G-Feeling.

Overall he was really impressed/happy how SimShaker works and that most of the effects feel how they should.

Very impressive! It's great that you can get people with real experience in these aircraft to help corroborate and calibrate your effects. Can't wait to try this out soon enough.

I'm a Simshaker user and also would like to try out the aviator software, where can it be downloaded , an also provide the donation link.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Looks like a great product/software!

I was looking to grab a buttkicker for my rig, but this seat pad seems like it may be a better option.. thoughts?

How comfortable is it on the seat? I would imagine it's fine.. I see no complaints.

Also, I see you are looking for pilots to help testing. I wasn't a fighter jet pilot but I do fly jets professionally. If I can help in any way, let me know!

Hi Bond,

Thank you, sir!

I was looking to grab a buttkicker for my rig, but this seat pad seems like it may be a better option.. thoughts?

No doubt.

Buttkicker is also supported in the software as a paid option.

How comfortable is it on the seat? I would imagine it's fine.. I see no complaints.

It's quite comfortable.

Straps may be short in some cases, but that seems not to be a problem.

Also, I see you are looking for pilots to help testing. I wasn't a fighter jet pilot but I do fly jets professionally. If I can help in any way, let me know!

We salute every pilot! If you are a FB user, please join our testers group. If you are not, let us know, and we'll find a solution.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it is, very much.

Very fast in implementing effects for new DCS modules as they are released.

And the feeling of flying "by the seat of your pants" cannot be described, it's so much better.

I have seen statements that the seat pad is better.

I would think so too, for a few reasons:

1. It has better resolution: ButtKicker only uses stereo, so only have right/left effects.

The seat pad has 6 different vibration zones: 2 in the seat (L/R), 4 in the back (L/R, upper/lower).

That means, you can differentiate effects more: Gear rumble, retraction/extension, ordnance drop in the bottom, right or left, AB effects in the back, stall buffeting in all zones and/or right/left etc.

2. The seat pad is very low noise. A ButtKicker can rumble through the floor, the seat pad only gives a noise like an electric toothbrush.

For me, I have been able to use it in my living room, while my wife watched movies on the TV.

3. It is easier to install: It only needs a USB connection and a plug for the power supply. No amplifier, no dragging separate wires, no fixed mounting under a chair etc.

Just strap it to your chair, connect the USB and plug the power supply.

The seat pad is mostly soft, it is foam inside a vinyl cover.

After some time the vibration motors can be a bit hard through the foam though.

But otherwise it is comfortable enough, and much reflects the comfort of the chair under it.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Hi Bond,

Thank you, sir!

No doubt.

Buttkicker is also supported in the software as a paid option.

It's quite comfortable.

Straps may be short in some cases, but that seems not to be a problem.

We salute every pilot! If you are a FB user, please join our testers group. If you are not, let us know, and we'll find a solution.

Thanks for the info, I'm convinced! Ha.

I'm in the US.. would I buy the Jetseat Pack or Jeatseat Air? It mentions something about customs?

Also joined the testers group

I think it is, very much.

Very fast in implementing effects for new DCS modules as they are released.

And the feeling of flying "by the seat of your pants" cannot be described, it's so much better.

I have seen statements that the seat pad is better.

I would think so too, for a few reasons:

1. It has better resolution: ButtKicker only uses stereo, so only have right/left effects.

The seat pad has 6 different vibration zones: 2 in the seat (L/R), 4 in the back (L/R, upper/lower).

That means, you can differentiate effects more: Gear rumble, retraction/extension, ordnance drop in the bottom, right or left, AB effects in the back, stall buffeting in all zones and/or right/left etc.

2. The seat pad is very low noise. A ButtKicker can rumble through the floor, the seat pad only gives a noise like an electric toothbrush.

For me, I have been able to use it in my living room, while my wife watched movies on the TV.

3. It is easier to install: It only needs a USB connection and a plug for the power supply. No amplifier, no dragging separate wires, no fixed mounting under a chair etc.

Just strap it to your chair, connect the USB and plug the power supply.

The seat pad is mostly soft, it is foam inside a vinyl cover.

After some time the vibration motors can be a bit hard through the foam though.

But otherwise it is comfortable enough, and much reflects the comfort of the chair under it.

Sporg, thanks for the info as well!

Going to try and order one today.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the good work.

I bought the simshaker sound module for when I used a buttkicker, though I near never used it as the buttkicker made too much noise.

Now I use a gametrix 908 with your usual simshaker USB app, and this is wonderful.

I wonder, you say you're not implementing elite dangerous because you lack data from the software, does it mean that if a sci fi simulation (like star citizen later on for instance) will provide such data, you may agree to add support for it?

Thanks

I find the motors a bit hard and even without using the vibration after hours on the seat I feel a bit of pain on my buttock :) Not that painful though, just a bit.

So I would recommand maybe put a cushion on your seat when you're not going to use the vibration, for desktop use for instance :)

Edited by harf4ng

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Keep the good work.

I bought the simshaker sound module for when I used a buttkicker, though I near never used it as the buttkicker made too much noise.

Now I use a gametrix 908 with your usual simshaker USB app, and this is wonderful.

Thanks for the kind words...

I wonder, you say you're not implementing elite dangerous because you lack data from the software, does it mean that if a sci fi simulation (like star citizen later on for instance) will provide such data, you may agree to add support for it?

Thanks

Why not, but then it might be hard the find tester with real world experience :lol:

I find the motors a bit hard and even without using the vibration after hours on the seat I feel a bit of pain on my buttock :) Not that painful though, just a bit.

So I would recommand maybe put a cushion on your seat when you're not going to use the vibration, for desktop use for instance :)

I remove the Jetseat when not playing...

lol yes about the real world experience in sci fi :) But then we just need the effects to be "cool" rather than "real" :) After all, all sci fi games and movies are not real, the piou piou of lasers in space is not real at all, there is no sound in space ^^

I find it too much of a hassle to remove the jetseat when not playing, I have tied it to my obutto cockpit with the straps, and I do not want to untie and tie the straps again everytime, so no, I keep the jetseat on my seat all the time :)

Only issue I have with the jetseat is that the control panel does not work, but gametrix is aware of this, they say it is an issue with some computers with the english version and they're working on it. But we don't really need the control panel anyway, simshaker works just fine like that, and the jetseat works well even with the bug in the control panel...

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

What do you mean? They're still selling jetseats.