Tobii 4C?

Im thinking about getting a Tobii EyeTracker 4C. It looks rather simple to use and offer something different from the PS3Eye/Delanclip or ED tracker that I have. No additional gizmos on my headset and I like the idea to use the eyes more instead of twisting my head.

I have some technical questions before pulling the trigger:

1. I have read that there are problems running Tobii 4C in DCS 2.5.2 (OpenBeta) is this issue

fixed or is it still not working?

2. On the videos I have seen, there is a moving bubble in view. Can this be toggled off for greater immersion?

Any other feedback on the 4C would also be great :)

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Having a TrackIR 5, a Tobii 4C and an Oculus Rift, I can tell you that for flightsims, the Tobii doesn't hold a candle to the other two. For the money I'd rather go TIR5 + UTC Mk2 clips (sold by a user on this forum).

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Having a TrackIR 5, a Tobii 4C and an Oculus Rift, I can tell you that for flightsims, the Tobii doesn't hold a candle to the other two. For the money I'd rather go TIR5 + UTC Mk2 clips (sold by a user on this forum).

I agree with your experience. I tried the Tobii 4C for a short while, but I exchanged it for a TrackIR.

The Tobii 4C works exactly as advertised, but the integration with DCS when I tried wasn't as mature as TrackIR and a couple of limitations were too much for me. First, the fact that it tracks your eyes means scanning your screen also moved the camera unless you turn off the feature. For me this feature is undesirable, and probably is for anyone with a large monitor. Second, I couldn't set it up to let me look directly aft. I also tried using some 3rd party software and just couldn't make it work the way I wanted it to.

With products like this, the hardware is really only about 1/2 the product. If the software isn't designed a way that gives you the absolute correct functionality or doesn't allow you to fully customize the functionality satisfactorily then the hardware will never live up to it's potential.

I'm not saying don't buy the product, or that it is junk. However, you should consider these limitations before buying. You might still prefer the Tobii 4C over having goofy looking kit on your head all the time.

• 1 month later...

I have it and I can not recommend it for DCS. For the price, it will be far better a TrackIR 5, faster, accurate and supports head position tracking. In theory, the 4C support head tracking as well but it is not implemented in game.