THANK YOU ED!

RAAF_TINDAL

Hi all,

First time poster however long time DCS enthusiast (I hail from the days of LOMAC & il2)

Would like to take the time to dedicate my first post on these forums to thanking the team at ED, Matt Wagner and every other third party developer who has brought to life the many amazing aircraft we have within DCS, particuarly the Hornet we recently got.

I could never have fathomed 10 years ago that we would be able to have a hornet as detailed and breathtakingly realistic as the one you guys released to EA the other day.

I hear hornets in operation quite regularly in my day to day life and can say with confidence that you guys couldn't have nailed it better. I'm more referring to the sound, particularly the INCREDIBLE accuracy of the sounds when she's screaming towards you.

No piece of software has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up quite like this one has, so here's to many more years of use.

I really look forward to seeing the systems that are up and coming for her.

Best regards,

Nic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U28D590 @ 3840x2160 | 4670k 4.5 | Strix 1080 8GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 2TB SSHD + 3 x 240GB SSD | Saitek X56

Nice one RAAF:thumbup:

Welcome to the forum

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

+1

Thanks for the nice summary on how most of us feel about DCS, ED, and especially the Hornet right about now. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

+10000000000

I never would have thought i could feel myself in the cockpit of such a marvellous jet as the F18 as i do now with VR and DCS F18. Exciting times for combat flying simulation. Can't wait for what DCS has in store coupled with VR Generation 2

I agree! I am from back in the Red Baron/F15 Strike Eagle 2 days. I flew 1000s of hours of Janes F15 and F/A-18 on JCN and Hyperlobby.

I never thought we would have the capability to produce something of this magnitude. This is truly a benchmark.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

My flight sim days go back to the early 80’s with my Apple II and Microsoft Flight Sim... My have things changed/advanced for the better.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Oh the memories MS FS 1 and taking off from Meigs Field Chicago with just those simple polys and sounds... but I'm sad , been loving the hornet so much my Harrier's collecting dust :-(

Take her out for a little spin...;) be nice...

attachment.php?attachmentid=186914&stc=1&d=1528450596

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

F/A-18C the best ever made module, thank

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I've been spending so much time in DCS in the last months, usually I just did some weeks and came back after months, but 2.5 and the Harrier made me stay longer. The Hornet is addictive. You just can't complain about all the features still lacking, which still is lots, just because even being incomplete, it's an absolute blast already. I've been wishing for a Hornet ever since LOMAC was out (she was by far the best looking model back then and carrier-borne multi-role makes her one of the best "all in one" modules that possibly could be made). After 15 years, all I can say is that I'm totally grateful to be able to have this at the current, totally overwhelming DCS-grade level. Also, my first flight sim ever was a Hornet sim that has been released 30 years ago on the AMIGA (won't call the exact name 'cos of "other products", hope it's OK to honorably mention it this way). It's a bit like going back to the roots in hi-fi style now salute.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Just downloaded mine, with PG.....

...blown away...having a beer as I cannot fly due to a sore left shoulder.

Even need to go to hospital for a "small" surgery.

God knows when I can really enjoy that thing, for now it's Youtube watching tutorials and live streams and some mild flying with little to no movements on the throttle...:(

Oh man....she looks so good, rusty as she is !

Top Job so far, respect !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yes, beautiful work ED; The years of hard work show. Such a pleasure to come back to see that my favourite simulator is not only still cracking on, but producing exemplary gems like this.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Hi all,

I could never have fathomed 10 years ago that we would be able to have a hornet as detailed and breathtakingly realistic as the one you guys released to EA the other day.

Indeed. Back in 1985 I was in Darwin and the RAAF had just brought it's first Hornets back to Australia and was showing them off. I have a very clear memory of standing at the end of the runway in Darwin watching a couple of Hornets flying low and fast above the runway... silent as they approached and then thundering overhead.

I had also just bought my first x86 based PC and had Microsoft Flight Simulator version 1 installed... displayed in glorious CGA. It was little more than stick figures back then.

I've been flying ever since and have enjoyed every increase in realism over the years.

I have to agree with you though. Not in my wildest dreams back then did I think I would be flying one of the F-18s with the level or realism both in software and hardware as we have today.

So my thanks to ED for all their hard work and making it a reality.

Brilliant work...

When completed, I suspect the hornet will take the mantle as the most detailed simulated fighter ever available to the public.

Falcon and derivatives will always have a special place in my heart but DCS has major advantages, some important ones being graphic/world fidelity, reliable and scalable netcode and sensible, modern control scheme and a highly usable editor.

At long last my itch can be scratched without compromise.

I have been simming for well over 20 years. This is heaven for me. All my dreams come true. I can sit in an F/A-18C cockpit with VR, everything else is a bonus. Everything, I'm not scared to admit that when I got VR and I sat in the cockpit of a Spitfire, I had a tear in my eye. I'm at an age where I can't realistically do any of these things in real life but this is good and not only that I can do it at my own leisure and that's what's so good about it.

Edited by Mule

Yeah, and it's only going to get better. F14 is coming soon. Belsimtek/ED has the Cobra and F16 on their roadmap. I just need the Apache and Blackhawk and I may never leave my house again! LOL

PS: And Little Bird. That would be nirvana

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Indeed. Back in 1985 I was in Darwin and the RAAF had just brought it's first Hornets back to Australia and was showing them off. I have a very clear memory of standing at the end of the runway in Darwin watching a couple of Hornets flying low and fast above the runway... silent as they approached and then thundering overhead.

I have an apartment in Coconut Grove right near the end of the runway, here's a couple of shots I took last time the birds were in town. Super-hornets but same same to me :music_whistling:

v2?user_id=673500&webp=true&sig=20e5cbd7aee4f254690097ae16c9bff9241540383c340b41a505dd63b643ef45

v2?user_id=673500&webp=true&sig=663903051a26c06403e094929f58f78937bb30732ce16447feb312b3eec2249e

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U28D590 @ 3840x2160 | 4670k 4.5 | Strix 1080 8GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 2TB SSHD + 3 x 240GB SSD | Saitek X56

I have been simming for well over 20 years. This is heaven for me. All my dreams come true. I can sit in an F/A-18C cockpit with VR, everything else is a bonus. Everything, I'm not scared to admit that when I got VR and I sat in the cockpit of a Spitfire, I had a tear in my eye. I'm at an age where I can't realistically do any of these things in real life but this is good and not only that I can do it at my own leisure and that's what's so good about it.

my own thought

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk