We need Chucks F18 guide ASAP

wizav

Chuck's guides are amazing and I read most of them. However, all of this information is already in the manual, just condensed. The FA18 manual is an excellent resource that explains everything you need to know. Take the time, reference it and you will learn a lot!

However, all of this information is already in the manual, just condensed.

That's not the point of those guides. They're meant to be illustrated checklists more than anything, with some explanations in-between. Stuff that you can reference quickly instead of having to go through a 30-minute long youtube video. I don't want or need to replace a NATOPS or a dev manual.

The method I explained earlier is how I get to a point where I have a good enough understanding of what I need to know to fly the aircraft and what is superfluous. There's no point in writing about something you don't fully understand.

That's not the point of those guides. They're meant to be illustrated checklists more than anything, with some explanations in-between. Stuff that you can reference quickly instead of having to go through a 30-minute long youtube video. I don't want or need to replace a NATOPS or a dev manual.

yes, YES, Y E S, your guides are NOT "condensed manuals" and that's the charme of them.

Without your "image guides" I would have not been able to enjoy the complexity and immersion which DCS is providing. Thank you.

Accept no other than 100% CHARLY OWL GUIDES! Bank on it! But don't stall … :D

"Hell, I buy DCS modules just to collect Charly Owl Guides …" - Charly Yeager

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The method I explained earlier is how I get to a point where I have a good enough understanding of what I need to know to fly the aircraft and what is superfluous. There's no point in writing about something you don't fully understand.

I wholeheartedly agree and do not mean to sound ungrateful in the least. I LOVE your guides and find them immensely helpful. I also enjoy reading and learning from the manuals themselves. I see a lot of questions asked around the forums and elsewhere that can be answered with a quick search and reference of said manuals.

Apologies.

Thank you for all of the work you put into these!

Edited by scitaborea

These guides are perfect for anyone new to sims and aviation, they allow them to get started in DCS quickly and relieve some of the frustrations. If I have been away from a module for quite awhile, the first thing I go through is Chuck's guide to refresh my memory on the module.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Chuck's F/A-18C Guide is out!!

Thanks so much :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

What the...?!?!

Nice!!! thank you Chuck! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I swear to god... I uploaded it to my google drive, went to grab a coffee and 2 minutes later someone leaked it. I'm gonna start thinking I'm being watched :D

Indeed buddy! thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I swear to god... I uploaded it to my google drive, went to grab a coffee and 2 minutes later someone leaked it. I'm gonna start thinking I'm being watched :D

:music_whistling:

Thank you forever for all the guides! :thumbup:

Listening some Motley Crew while reading the new one :book:

Your a Legend mate.

CPU i7 7700K

CPU Cooler Corsair H115i

GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Mobo Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming

RAM 32GB DDR4 3200

OS Win10 x64 Pro

Kit TM Warthog, TM Pedals, Oculus CK1, ButtKicker Gamer 2 and then there is the pit

LOL Indeed you are!

Just would like to say “Thank you!” to you.

All the best,

Sydy